Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lady_gw

Stay safe

Lady
17 years ago

I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck threw this storm. I don't think we are going to be hit too hard but any hit can cause damage and fray the nerves. Please don't take it to lightly it is expected to have a minimum of 70 mph winds and while not a hurricane, it can still cause damage. I really enjoy visiting this site even though I have mostly lurked here lately I wish all of you the very best and will be praying for all my online friends.

Comments (8)

• FlowerLady6
    17 years ago

I also will be praying for everyone's safety. These storms do tend to fray the nerves as you said. After going through Frances, Jeanne and Wilma I hope we never have to go through storms like them again, Wilma was the worst. I'm looking forward to this being a thing of the past that did little or no damage at all. So far this is a tropical storm that could weaken once it hits land. We are on the wet/windy side though if this thing stays on course, which means 5-8" of rain in a 24 hour period, so they predict. I do hope it fizzles out to some degree just giving us some rain and some wind.

Stay dry and cozy in your homes. This weather will pass, sunny skies will be seen again and we'll be out playing in our gardens.

FlowerLady

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    17 years ago

Getting ready: Picked up things around the back yard. I have a golden rod ready to bloom. The stems are about 9 to 10 feet high. Last year the storm bent them in every direction so this time Im trying to protect them by bunching the stems together and bending them over and tieing them to a stake. Hope it works. Took some pics to compare conditions before and after. Put soda bottels of water in the freezer. We always lose our electric, for at least a week. l8 days after Jean. Going to catch up on my clothes washing this afternoon. Also take down my hanging plants out front. Best wishes to all.

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    17 years ago

SURF's UP!

• kjlyttle
    17 years ago

Here here.

I just finished bringing in all my orchids, hoyas and other tropicals. I left the frens and most of the palms. I hope they don't get shredded. We have been very lucky in the past few years, but it's always heartbreaking seeking all the hard work put in gardening just shredded in one 24 hr period!
    Stay safe
    K

• scents_from_heaven
    17 years ago

I guess these storms do not fray my nerves as I have been raised in them most of my life. I am from the panhandle and was about 35 miles from the gulf as the crow files. I have been through more storms than the law should allow. I even sat Hurricane Elena out in a rented red Ford Mustang under the I-10 overpass in Gulfport back in the 80's. I also stay busy with the Red Cross doing preliminary disaster planning and working as a member of the rise-out team at Disney preparing for the storms. Between all of theat I ensure my plants are safe, my husband is safe and know we will be fed by Disney, the Red Cross, our church or all the canned food I keep on hand 365. I keep cases of water rotating them as we drink them and well, that is how we prepare. To me this will be a good thunderstorm with rain and I would be more concerned about tornado threats than the storm itself.

I am proud of all of you for taking it seriously and preparing. it is better to be prepared than not. I would rather over prepare 200 times than be unprepared once. Stay safe my friends.

LADY, you have been missed.

FAWNRIDGE - rise 'em babe. Linda

• cindeea
    17 years ago

((((((((Lady))))))) neighbor...be cool on the other side of the ...er umm pond!

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Robin - nice to hear from you and to know you are still out there!

• linda_leaf _z10a_southwest_fl
    17 years ago

We have been extra busy the past three days getting ready just in case Ernesto strengthened. We removed all the potted plants, lawn chairs, wind chimes, decorations, etc etc. My orchid collection is tighly packed in the lanai. The boat is on dry land, and we started on the hurricane panels until we were just too tired to finish. Today is just a gloomy day with a bit of rain. But we are safe and that is the whole goal of hurricane preparations, isn't it?
    Linda Leaf