Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_musicman

Ernest Goes To Florida: your reaction

the_musicman
17 years ago

So as of 11AM today, Ernesto's center of circulation is forcasted to be over my front yard on Thursday morning... yet somehow I am not panicking or slapping plywood on my house.

My home and garden have weathered some pretty severe thunderstorms and all the hurricanes in recent years with little to no damage. So I suppose I am smug and overconfident.

Anyways,

How do things look from your angle?

~tmm

Comments (13)

• myfask
    17 years ago

do we know yet where the Weather Channel is sending
    Jim Cantore :)

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Just in case this is considered to be "Off Topic" by the authorities, a similar thread has been started on the Conversation page. I just checked again and actually there are a couple threads on it now over there. Check them out.

• FlowerLady6
    17 years ago

DH and I decided not to board up this storm. We went through Frances, Jeanne and Wilma (Wilma the worst) and did board up for those. This is a tropical storm and hopefully it will weaken even further once it hits land.

FlowerLady

• AmberSky
    17 years ago

It's just a TS, and it will be weakened by half the length of Florida before it gets here. I'm stocking movies and booze and hoping to snag a free day off work. I LIKE tropical storms. They cool things off and give us much needed rain, and adventure.

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

Just got a strong gust of rain here, but it has been fairly mellow so far. I even walked around the neighborhood this afternoon. I'm wondering if we'll even have the day off work tomorrow since it didn't end up so bad.

• AmberSky
    17 years ago

That's what I'm thinking, Mistiaggie. I was hoping to get the 31st off, but I'm betting not.

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Work was just cancelled for me tomorrow! Woo hoo! Just like a blizzard party! Thanks Ernesto!

I would not be saying that if I thought this was going to be a dangerous storm but it doesn't look like it is. If I'm wrong, then I apologize in advance for my comments. But for right now: woo hoo!

• AmberSky
    17 years ago

Come on, HCC.... can we stay home tomorrow....pleaseplease?

• scents_from_heaven
    17 years ago

I was just notified that I have tomorrow off also. Linda

• AmberSky
    17 years ago

Y'all are torturing me.

• msmarion
    17 years ago

It's raining lightly on the Treasure Coast. I'm working tomorrow, although I don't think people will be picking up their bikes!

• FlowerLady6
    17 years ago

Heard on the news this morning that Ernesto was a busto. That's good news for all of us here. We've been getting some rain and some gusting wind, they say we're supposed to get really heavy rains and stronger winds as the day heads toward noontime. We'll see. I don't have to work today which is rather nice. I did work until 3 yesterday, leaving after the UPS guy delivered something we were expecting.

Hope everyone is safe and having a nice quiet downtime at home. Our gardens are getting watered and tomorrow is another day.

FlowerLady

• tenor_peggy
    17 years ago

Ernesto busto? LOL! But thank heavens, right? We are just getting a lot of rain (no wind to speak of, yet) and it is kinda dark and gloomy too. Let's all hope this is the only storm we see this season. :-)