Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nicki_gw

Shameless Kitten promotion! (pics)

Nicki
18 years ago

These precious babies will be ready for homes by the end of September! Place your orders now! :)

I help out strays, and I try to get them spayed or neutered BEFORE they get pregnant... but the mother of these cuties showed up more than halfway through her pregnancy. These babies turned two weeks old yesterday, and they just get cuter every day. Their eyes are fully open now. They're trying to play. They're all girls.

Enjoy!

{{gwi:759589}}

{{gwi:759591}}

{{gwi:759592}}

{{gwi:759594}}

If anyone wants a kitten, please contact me. You will need to promise to spay and preferably keep her inside.

Thank!

Nicki

Comments (12)

• Seavee
    18 years ago

awww, look at those adorable little faces! They are very cute.

• Nicki
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thanks, Seavee!

I see I'm going to have to shamelessly promote these kittens over on the discussions side of the forum... I'm not getting the hits on this thread like I thought I would!

Nicki

• mspam
    18 years ago

Cuties! just as all kits are...I just adopted two brothers 4 months old or I'd take one or two.
    Pam

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:759587}}

• tab64
    18 years ago

Well now that it is a traveling post, let's keep it on top. Nicki what is wrong with the calico kitten's eye. The smaller eye looks odd, like it has a stye or something. Pets live longer and are happier when they are fixed. All cats that I had fixed were more friendly after getting them fixed. No more unwanted kittens/puppies, male spraying or grumpy female cats. I quess I would be grumpy too is I always had whining babies, and no rest. Also mine is always indoors saves money of vet bills.

• Nicki
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Tab, the calico kitten's eye wasn't fully open yet in that photo. It's open all the way now, and she's just as cute as can be. She really loves her belly rubbed, and she bites me! Very playful baby. I'll take more pictures this evening, and show you guys just how much cuter they've gotten in the last few days.

MsPam, your boys are beautiful! It's so nice to see happy adopted kitties in a good home.

• fuzzy
    18 years ago

That calico has my heart. Too bad I'm allergic! Best of luck, Nicki. I bet you won't have any trouble.

• nova_gw
    18 years ago

Nicki, Thank you so much for helping out the stray babies who need the help the most! Not many people would be bothered to help out these lost creatures! I am a vet tech who works with our county Humane Society in my spare time and a lover of 3 cats of her own [2 are calico by the way!] and I just wanted to offer a suggestion. Most counties offer a "Grant" program that pays for low cost spays and neuters. [About $30 for a spay, I think] Why not offer your babies up for adoption to people who have proof they have paid for one of these grants? [Once paid for, people have a tendency to follow through!] That way you know your babies won't be reproducing and filling the shelters that are already overcrowded. I am, also, a state certified euthanasia tech. So, PLEASE, everybody, spay or neuter your pets and don't make my job any harder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks nova

• AmberSky
    18 years ago

I'd love to adopt, but my kitties are infected and contagous.

• Nicki
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Nova, that is a great idea about the spay certificates. Our Humane Society sells them, and I imagined I'd be providing the certificate... but I like your idea better. If a person is willing to pay for it, then they'll follow through with it. I like the way you think!

I've been like this all my life. Animals are precious creatures - cats and dogs have been domesticated by us, and it's only right to provide for them. If we aren't going to provide for them, why the heck did we domesticate them in the first place? It breaks my heart to see so many wandering the streets. I just try to do my part. I spay and neuter any animal that comes up to me. I swear it. I don't care if it's someone's full bred fancy something-or-other... if it wanders up to me, I'm getting it to the vet ASAP. Snip and nip, then ask questions later! :)

AmberSky, I have a few of those infected kitties myself. I have a few FIV positive cats. I love them dearly.

I'll post more photos tomorrow! The babies are three weeks old today!

• Seavee
    18 years ago

*L* as the proud owner of one snipped kitty cat I agree. He's the best cat in the world (I'm not biased at all!). I wish I could take a kitten too, just cant.

• Nicki
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Oh Seavee, what's one more? :)

I keep forgetting my darn camera at the house... I need to show you guys new photos!

Nicki

• debnfla8b
    18 years ago

Hi Nicki,

Wished I lived closer to you girl friend!!!

You know I'd take them all!

How are you doing?

Deb :o))