Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mboston_gw

Ernesto Update

mboston_gw
17 years ago

If you haven't been watching the TV today, check the new possible path for the storm. it is still early but.....

Comments (22)

• zozzl
    17 years ago

..just saw it. What a bummer! Pat

• xstasea
    17 years ago

They took PC pretty much out of it. Good luck to all who are in the cone.

Stacia

• minibim
    17 years ago

Yeah, don't like that Tues. PM positioning, a slight jog and we're gonna get nailed - no jog and it's aiming right at my step daughter.

Oh well, need to fill a propane tank, stock up the cat food, find a 220v extension cord and COM' ON ERNIE, I be ready for ya!

• the_musicman
    17 years ago

Well, based on the trend I gather from the NOAA data, Ernesto has been taking a sharper right turn every hour. Yesterday the center of the cone pointed at New Orleans. Today it was Tampa. Now its Ft. Myers. Hopefully by the time it gets across Cuba, it will just turn right back out to sea.

Good luck folks!
    ~tmm

• solstice98
    17 years ago

You might want to check out the hurricane discussions going on over on the Conversations page, too.

• peggy_g
    17 years ago

For the most up to date track check out the National Weather Service, National Hurricane Center, Prediction Center and save to your favorite list.

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    17 years ago

Click here for the government controlled weather forecasts. Brought to you by the same folks who think we should attack every country in the middle east on a rotating basis.

• last_mango
    17 years ago

This is, by far, the best hurricane / weather site I've found. I really like the guy's blog, too. It condenses everything in one place with little advertising and NO pop-ups. It has the best radar shots & local forecasts. Based out of Maine, go figure!

By the way, we decided to forego a day of boating (kids are on a teacher holiday) and work on hurricane shutters instead. :-(

Here is a link that might be useful: Crown Weather

• shellfreak
    17 years ago

Fawnridge- AMEN!

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    17 years ago

Listen, we've got nothing to worry about; Castro will never let Ernesto leave Cuba.

• cindeea
    17 years ago

HA HA HA Ricky! I hope you a right!!!!! Or maybe Ernie will take Castro out to sea with him!!

• janengland
    17 years ago

Last mango, you're right,that's a very comprehensive site. Thanks for sharing.

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Thanks for the weather link! I've been looking for a site that shows all the projected paths but hadn't found one. This is perfect.

(Ricky - right on target as always!)

• garyfla_gw
    17 years ago

hi
    Was just reading the weather reports from the planet Jupiter and the Great red spot is intensifying.lol. 28,000
    miles in diameter steady wind at around 2500. You could fit six earths in the eye and has known to be blowing since 1610. They blame the intensifying on global warming lol
    Now that's a hurricane lol
    gary

• delta_charlie
    17 years ago

Hi Gary and the group, now that is a storm!

2500 MPH wind begs the question, what is the speed of sound on Jupiter? What would a supersonic wind sound like?

I think it just might be LOUD! ;-)

Take care, DC

• solstice98
    17 years ago

The 11pm update just changed the prediction for Wed afternoon from 60 mph winds in Orlando to 45. Yea! Still too windy for the city buses to run, but maybe I don't hve to move any plants.
    (Did you all know buses don't run if the wind goes past 35mph? That's something I learned today. They get too tippy.)

• tenor_peggy
    17 years ago

No wind here, yet, just a lot of rain. It is kinda dark and gloomy too, but I'll take this over 45+ mph winds any day!

• cindeea
    17 years ago

We now have waterfront..or rather waterback property. All the rain has created a canal between the yards! So glad it was a mild Ernie!

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

got rain, got wind and now i'm here at work 'cause it ain't that bad!

• msmarion
    17 years ago

It's sunny and windy here! We had some rain earlier. DH went to the shop. I'm baking and doing some catching up on housework what a way to spend a precious day off!
    Marion

• FlowerLady6
    17 years ago

We had some gusting winds here and not much rain. It's still gray and windy. So glad Ernesto fizzled out for all of us. Now let's just hope he doesn't regain strength and form into a hurricane again as it gets out over warm waters.

FlowerLady

• fuzzy
    17 years ago

I know Ernesto's long gone as far as you all are concerned, but I have to speak up (yet again) for my favorite hurricane forecasters:

http://www.nwhhc.com/

Their website is pretty cruddy looking, but there's good info here. For each active storm I focus on three links:

Update (what's going on now, in plain English)
    Forecast (the more technical version, w/ mbs and KTs and all that meterological mumbojumbo)
    Forecast Graphics (a projected path)

This is NOT the National Hurricane Center, but a separate organization based out of Miami. They're extremely good and my experience in 2004 was that they generally got the path of the hurricane determined about 12 hours faster than the NHC.

One of the nwhhc forecasters, Derek Ortt, is a regular poster and highly respected over at storm2k.org. Go to the forums/Tropical Analysis board to see his comments on storms as they develop.