Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laura1_

Tampa Swap October 17

laura1
14 years ago

You'll need to email me for directions as the time gets closer.

I'll supply cold drinks and paper goods.

I'm brain dead now and can't think of anything else right this minute except I'm excited to have a swap HERE!

Comments (16)

• hoeandshovel
    14 years ago

Sounds great, Laura. Thanks for doing this. Let me know how this usually works. I'll bring whatever... do we do food or snacks? Or just plants? And how do we know which plants folks are looking for? I'm such a newbie ... sorry for all the ???
    Meems

• laura1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Meems-"real" food or snacks it doesn't matter. It is pretty informal.

As for plants (this is for everyone) it nice to have them marked with the name. It is so easy to forget what you've brought home. Personally I like to add my name as well. It just makes it nice when you know what you got and from whom.

Some swaps can be arranged in advance. You can post what you have here and get things going. Also you just bring whatever you have or think someone might be interested in to the swap.

Hope this helps

• tomncath
    14 years ago

I'll bring Mahoi DC banana pups and veggie seeds, looking for perennial flowers, either seeds or plants, and I'll bring some sort of fruit to snack on.

Tom

• laura1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm going to attempt a list of what I have. Of course cutting are free for the taking:
    Cassia
    horsemint
    some salvias
    banana pups (I've lost all the darn names!)
    birds nest sans.
    seeds of African Foxglove-perennial
    jatropha multifada
    gaillardia seeds and seedlings (you dig 'em)
    weeds...lots of weeds (take all you want hehe)
    fountain grass (you dig)
    Salvia blue bedder...seeds & seedlings
    Hoya cuttings & a few I have potted up to give away (curtsii and lucanosa)

I'm going to try and root some things and and actually get my act together ... that would be a first.

I'm interested in succulents. Blackberries.

• scents_from_heaven
    14 years ago

I hope to be able to attend if you allow pwople from outside of Tampa *L* I cn bring snacking type real food and some other healthy items. I never know what I have to bring plant-wise until nearer the day as I lost a lot of my stuff due to my illness and my housemates neglect in tending my plants. Food-wise I never know until the mood hits me. Linda

• hoeandshovel
    14 years ago

laura,
    I don't have very many succulents. A friend gave me some meezoo trailing plant though... it is easy to root and I could root some before the swap if you don't already have it.
    http://lh6.ggpht.com/_JmbtwD795YQ/SdT_IxuyGFI/AAAAAAAAHaI/GkyVM4qwfP4/s400/Sub%20Header_026782.jpg
    Meems

• hoeandshovel
    14 years ago

Oops... I tried to embed a photo but I guess I don't know how to do that... so frustrating. I will try one more time but in case it doesn't work maybe you already know what it looks like???

• laura1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Meems-the varigated thing looks interesting but that other trailing things next to it looks pretty cool too!

• hoeandshovel
    14 years ago

Laura,
    I'll try to pot up some of each or just bring you cuttings... they root easily. The other one is coral reef Chines sedum. You're right... it is pretty cool.
    Meems

• crueltyfre
    14 years ago

Here's the start of my list. Let me know if you're interested in any of these before the swap, not sure how much I can pot and load in my car, so those things asked for will go in first.

Ferns-
    macho, boston, cinnamon, japanese rock, ghost, rabbit foot, leather, heart(very limited, just got).

Bromeliads-
    painted fingernails and other with no id yet(pictures at my photobucket site under Unidentified Plants).

Vines-I've got plenty of stink vine, trumpet vine and passionflower, lol.
    Also honeysuckle, red and white varieties
    snail vine, vigna p something
    gloriosa lily starts

flowers-
    portulca in fushcia
    purslane in yellow, beigey, red and orange
    rooted pieces of unknown epiphyllum

houseplants-tons of houseplants growing outside that need new home.
    I'll bring stolens from episcias if anyone's interested. I have about 6 varieties, email me for list.

Still have dozens of full size viburnum suspensum that need to go. They're not getting enough sun under my pines and getting leggy. I'm looking for coontie to replace them.

I've got plants that can start from cuttings like purple firespike, night blooming jasmine, star jasmine and scorpions tail (heliotropium). Let me know if you want them and I"ll start rooting them.

Yellow walking iris

Can also bring stuff from my trade list if anyone wants something.

Always looking for orchids!! and now coontie.
    Lori

• crueltyfre
    14 years ago

oops, forgot to ask...why is this thread in "off topic"? I have been waiting and looking for it for weeks, but looking under the other two forums. I'd have never found it here if it weren't for Tom telling me he saw it. Even then, I had to do a search to find it.
    Lori

• tomncath
    14 years ago

Well, I'm not going to be able to make it, my niece is getting married that Saturday. If there is any interest I'll drop off some DC Mahoi pups (some up to 4') the day before....

Tom

{{gwi:412793}}

{{gwi:412803}}

• laura1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

too bad tom but have a nice time at the wedding!
    I have several pots of perinnial peanut if someone wants to give them a try. They like full sun.

• kgardens
    14 years ago

Laura - I sent you an e-mail thru GW. Hope you got it. If not, send directions to me: kay nelli (all one word) at verizon dot net. I'm looking forward to attending the swap. I have some things rooted and ready. Most of what I have is not very exotic, but hopefully, someone will want it. Mostly, I'm looking forward to meeting some local garden lovers.
    k.
    PS - I'll bring triple chocolate brownies.

• gatormomx2
    14 years ago

Can I claim the perennial peanut ?
    SO many great plant offers - it will be difficult to choose !

• laura1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

GM-I'll put your name on the peanuts.
    I checked them the other day and the runners were taking root next to the pots. I guess they are ready to GO!

Sponsored
Ngrained Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Custom Woodworking, Décor, and More in Franklin County