Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindeea_gw

Some good and sore news

cindeea
16 years ago

Today I went back for my 2nd round of epidural lumbar shots. Tonight, I feel like a damn mule kicked me! Lol

Ya all know I ain't no wimpering baby, but today the injections really left me sore. So I have been stretched out on the recliner with icepack and cold beer! Good news, my strength is getting much better in the past month. Everyone is amazed, no more than me, at my progress. The Phys Therapy is making me stronger and re-awakening joints and muscles that have been in limbo. That's being said-would someone come over and gimme a back massage?? I will prob sleep like a babe tonight and wake up feeling awesome!

Nite my friends. I need to get back to the garden!

Comments (7)

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Cindeea,
    How are you feeling today? Hope your running around in your garden!

• anitaathome
    16 years ago

Cindee:

I missed the history. What is the root of the problem? Do you have degenerative disks?

Anita

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Feeling much better today, thanks! Although I did over do a little yesterday helping Dennis power wash patio and pool cage, windows. This is the only time I think I have too many plants, when I have to haul them all out of the way and then put them back.

Anita, I need to have both my hips replaced. In the meantime, the degenative lumbar disk is getting really distorted. I am currently getting Phys Therapy and pain management until the insurance co will cover the cost of the surgeries.

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

Cindee,

I dont mean to pry and you dont have to answer....but sometimes insurance companies really piss me off......how much pain do you need to be in before they allow you the surgery?

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

She's technically not covered until Nov. The Ins Co told her this right before she was going to have the surgery in Feb. So she's in "wait" mode until Fall.
    Hopefully "Dance" mode will be in Winter!

• julieyankfan
    16 years ago

Cindee, I have deg. disc disease and had 3 discs removed in March of 2003. I had the cadaver bone and screws and rods installed and I have been a mess ever since. As a matter of fact, I have an appt. this afternoon with my back surgeon.

Have you ever gone to the Cleveland Clinic Spine Center in Weston? It's right across Alligator Alley. I went there in Jan. and they told me that they are now doing the artificial discs on up to 3 levels!!! They weren't even doing one level a few years ago. And, it's non invasive surgery. They are supposed to be one of the top spine centers in the world. Email me if I can help at all. I've been there, done that, so to speak!lol

Julie

• cindeea
    Original Author
    16 years ago

nytrini-What coffeemom said. The stoopid insurance company is payind thousands and thousands of additional $$$ since Feb to cover all my meds, phys therapy and pain management visits. THEN they will also pay surgery on top of this additional expense, AFTER November! DUMB! You are't prying, my dear. I am on a soapbox when it gets to telling ya how pi**ed I am about the damn Insurance company!!

Oh wow Julie...how painful!! Are you managing OK? My disc situation is minor. It is just being aggravated due to the way I have been walking and supporting myself. One of my hips, the ball joint is pulling out of the socket, in an upward angle. The other hip is pulling out and downward. I have/had almost an inch differential in leg length. The phys therapy is helping me tremendously by helping me relax my lower back and realigning the disc. The exercises are really helping me to strengthen my body too. I have only 2 remaining therapy sessions and I will be sad to let them go. But I have learned a lot about how to listen to my body and strengthen areas that I have feared moving before.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz