Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hopeful_in_brevard

Some more Pet Photos

hopeful_in_Brevard
17 years ago

This is "Diesel" Rescued from a brokendown truck, stuck behind the seat. He had oil on him, given to me and I gave him to my daughter who voluenteers at a no kill shelter. She bottel fed him and it was a little worrysum at first, but he is doing quite well now.

Comments (24)

• solstice98
    17 years ago

I'm glad you started a new thread on pet photos! I'm sure the other one was getting too hard to load for anyone with dial up. Your little Diesel is adorable! That was one of the names we considered for our new kitten because of his amazingly loud purr.

I'm happy to be able to introduce Jack, the newest addition to our household. His clipped left ear tells you that he was a 'catch and release' stray that the CARE people had neutered. A friend was trying to find homes for Jack and his sister Bunny, not wanting to just release them back to the feral colony, but I resisted until we recently lost Ancient Roxy. Once I met this little guy I was hooked - he's affectionate, sweet, funny - all the good kitten stuff. Fearless around the dogs! His sister is more black than white, with a beautiful face; she's a serious cuddle muffin, too. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

We now have 3 cats, all rescues, and 2 shelties, 1 rescued. You've seen photos of the daisy dogs Sarah and Bandit; and of the cats Crazy Putter and The Big Petunia.

JACK (aka Jack Bauer, tough guy) - in a rare quiet moment!

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Soltice: My daughter also has 4 kittens she bottle raised for the shelter. It's going to hurt to give them up, but she already has, hold onto your hat l9 cats

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Ooooh! Adorable! Wish I could take the two black/white ones. Their faces are so close to the same markings but just enough different. Perfect little muffins.

The woman I got Jack from has 11 'regulars' and a batch of kittens living in the patio that she's trying to place, in addition to the slightly older Bunny (4 months).

Tell your daughter that animal lovers thank her for what she's doing.

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Soltice: These babies will be going up for adobtion very soon. There just in Melbourne. TEMPT TEMPT. LOL

• solstice98
    17 years ago

I can barely afford the vet bills and food for the 5 I've got! But I will help spread the word.

• abendwolke
    17 years ago

This is my GSD Sam:

'May I have a sip of your beer?' ....

'lemme see if I can help you....'

• tony_k_orlando
    17 years ago

Evelyn,

I am an expert at what dogs are saying and I 'think' more precisely, your dog is saying this

'lassen Sie mich sehen, wenn ich Ihnen helfen kann'

• abendwolke
    17 years ago

*laughs* you may be right, Tony, he 'speaks' more German than English ;-)

• buttterflyy
    17 years ago

Mikey - 10 year old terrier - My piece of fluff --
    Before haircut... and after

{{gwi:760110}}

{{gwi:760111}}

• acoreana
    17 years ago

Here are my furry babies:

Butch (1yr)

Miicoh (12yrs)

Niicah (11yrs)

Thanks for sharing all the adorable pics!

Nat

Here is a link that might be useful:

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I spoke of Franky often. Herrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Franky!

• sherry9b
    17 years ago

Cute pictures!! I would have to have a bigger page to display all of mine....4 dogs and 4 cats. All but two dogs were adoptees and every one is neutered (thank goodness). If you want to see them all, go to my dogster page and start there....hehehehehe

Gunner- GSD, AKC
    Chico- Chihuahua, AKC
    Maggie- Heinz 57 red heeler dog
    Cob- Heinz 57 border collie dog
    Tom- gray tabby
    Sneakers- B/W cat
    Miss Pearl- B/W cat
    Callie- calico cat

Here is a link that might be useful: Gunner page

• lellie
    17 years ago

They're ALL just adorable!

Here are mine:
    Miss Scooter Pie...my liddle tailess wonder:

CB...(Carey Firetail):

And last...but not least...my liddle girl, Griffie.
    Whoops!...I mean, Daddy's liddle girl...she's very jealous of me...LOL:

• KaraLynn
    17 years ago

Here's Khyssa on her favorite perch. She loves to sit there so that she gets lots of attention since that's my favorite chair to sit in when watching TV or reading. That chair is way past needing to be recovered but it's so comfortable that I hate to part with it long enough to get it done.

• mboston_gw
    17 years ago

Here are my two Mini Labradoodles that are neraly 14 weeks old. They are brother and sister.

Andi (female)

and Amos (male)

• cmeonthewater
    17 years ago

I never knew about the conversation board! This thread's easy enough for me to get into. ;)

Our SIX Dachshunds- just had a "fall photo shoot".

This is Geisha- 100% dachshund, despite that crazy coat (which needs to be trimmed badly). She was a rescue- we're so lucky to have her!
    {{gwi:760120}}

This is Jake- he "came with" my husband, but, usually thinks my lap's better.
    {{gwi:760121}}

Lynx was my first dog- the beginning of it all. He's a funny little thing- girlier than our girl- which is why this picture (where he looks all combative) cracks me up. :)
    {{gwi:760122}}

Woody (Elwood- half of my husband's "Blues Brothers")- is positively full of attitude. He likes to talk back. But, he's as cute as they come- and LOVES "mom". :)
    {{gwi:760123}}

Dutch was my #2 puppy- is the only standard sized dachshund in the pack (though on the small end)- and thinks the world is full of friends. He loves everyone and everything. :)
    {{gwi:760124}}

And Leo- our first failed foster dog (we foster for FL Dachshund Rescue). He's been with us just over a month now and is making great strides, but, has been terribly neglected in the past and it was immediately apparent to us that we'd never trust another family with his issues and delicate soul. So, he's staying!
    {{gwi:760125}}

Phew. They give me gardening challenges- I haven't even started the backyard because my favorite plants thus far have been poisonous, delicate, or otherwise inappropriate for their playground. ;)

You've all been a big help, though you probably don't know! My first post was just over a year ago when my front yard was a builder-blank slate. Now, it's one of my favorite places- and I actually have things to post about!

Thanks!
    Chris

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Chris - great pictures! Your clan is adorable.

• tropicalfreak
    17 years ago

Love your pics CHRIS. We have a mini we rescued. He was very abused by former owners. He is so loving. Thinks he is a 200lb watch dog with that bark ..lol.

When we first got him we couldn't hold him in our arms, then gardually he finally grew to trust us. Now I can hold him like a baby and he will sleep. lol

Cliff

• cmeonthewater
    17 years ago

Aw, thanks, Solstice- their adorable-ness is their best defense mechanism. LOL!

So cool, Cliff- I love a rescued dachsie! It's just amazing how a dog can forgive such severe human abuse. It's been slow going- but, Leo's doing great!

• jhl1654
    17 years ago

Cmeonthewater!!!! Thanx so much for Geisha's pic. She looks so much like our Poppa that we had to put to sleep after 12 yrs. Poppa used to give us that funny look , just like your Geisha.

• cmeonthewater
    17 years ago

Oh, Maureen- she is such a special girl. She's absolutely FULL of silly looks- here's her Dogster Page with several more funny-girl pictures!

I bet Poppa was a fun pup, too! If you ever need some dachsie love- we're in Deltona! Holler! :)

• julieyankfan
    17 years ago

I love all these doggies! Keep the pics comin'!

Julie

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Here's my new kitten Jack Bauer. He's a fearless rescue cat and has embedded himself into the household pretty quickly. He pursues The Big Petunia relentlessly (she hates him) and snuggles up to the dogs (they are patient but not amused).

Jack Bauer

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    Original Author
    17 years ago

There all are so beautifull! My daughter brought a new kitty back from Illinois. It was living in a tree outside of grandmas old house. She said she was living on crickets and dew. So she presented it to us, as we just lost our little snuggles. Wasn't thrilled at first, but have fallen in love with her now. Our pets are all seniors and it's nice to have a young one around. Haven't got a pic of her yet, but will post it when I do.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations