Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Everyone at Cidee's Fort Myers swap wanted the recipe for the corn dip I brought, so here it is.

CORN DIP

2 cans Mexicorn (drain)

1 bunch green onions (chop)

8 oz sour cream

8 oz mayo

1 can diced jalapenos (don't drain)

8 oz shredded 4 blend Mexican cheese

Blend all ingredients. To make it more mild drain the jalapenos. Let stand overnight or for at least several hours. Serve with corn chips. Enjoy!

Linda Leaf

Comments (9)

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Linda, I couldn't make the swap, Ralph didn't want to drive that far on a holiday weekend, but this dip looks great! Thanks for posting the recipe. I'll have to try it soon. ;o)

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

It's a party in your mouth!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Linda, that stuff was soooo good. Everyone was hovering around the kitchen bar scooping this stuff up like gold nuggets. Me, I thought I'd be sly and hide that last bit in the fridge to secretly devour later...well, after getting home from the garden tours on Monday I went to have a snack, there was the container in the fridge....EMPTY!! I think Jan ate it up behind my back! That tiny lil thing was going "it ain't hot, it ain't hot"! Whaaaaa I loved the way the heat grew on you and it was such a crunchy fresh taste of corn, peppers and onion. Absolutely YUM O! Do you want me to send your empty container back to you? Did you get the lid? Or is that my container...lol See I burned some brain cells, too!

Speaking of recipes...thre rum cake was absolutely CHOCOLATE DECADENCE! WOW! So rich and yummy, my guys are loving the last bits of morsels. Evas bean salad was so fresh and wonderful! I loved the combination of the different beans textures. Then MsMarions cookies, brownies and Blue Berry Muffins. The choc chips with Macadamia nuts were out of this world...I say "were" since my guys scooped the up the last ones and even ate all the crumbs. Lady's Sangria made my toes curl. That is good stuff babe!

Thank you everyone for such delicious foods! We gardeners know not just how to garden but how to eat well too!

• jardinerafloridana
    16 years ago

Linda, Thank you for the recipe. It was delicious.

Cindee, I am glad everyone enjoyed the rum cake. I was a little worried cause I am not a very good baker. I can cook but baking I don't do well.

All the food was great! A big thankyou to Denis for cooking the meats for us. Great Job!!!!

The whole day was just fantastic!!!
    Susana

• linda_leaf _z10a_southwest_fl
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am glad everyone enjoyed the corn dip. Cindee, the container was disposable.
    Linda Leaf

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Thanks Linda, this is a keeper recipe!

I also found Eva's bean salad recipe which she was kind enough to leave for me.

Asian-Style 3 Bean Salad (copyright, Ellie Krieger)

1 pound string beans, trimmed and cut to one inch pieces
    1 10 oz bag frozen shelled edamame-green soy beans
    3 tablespoons canola oil
    3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
    1/4 cup 100% fruit apricot preserves
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1 teaspoon fres grated ginger
    1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
    2 scallions, sliced
    salt

Put the string beans and frozen edamame into a steamer basket and steam for 4 minutes. Transfer the beans to a large bowl and put into the refridgerator to cool for 15 minutes or longer.

In a small bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, preserves, sugar and ginger. Add the black beans and scallions to the other chilled beans. Drizzle with dressing mix and toss to coat. Salt to taste.

Hey naplesgardner....Dennis loved the potato salad. Please share that and the chicken salad recipe with us too.

Boy this is making me hungry!

Happy eating!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Well, I got somewhat of a recipe for the potato and chicken salads Denise and Steve made. I think they must be really secret family recipes! lol I just know they were yummy and Dennis is chomping at the bit for me to make the potato salad. They are heading off for 2 weeks so Denise emailed me a description of how they come together.

(Denise says)
    OK the secret ingredients are:
    chicken salad: mayonnaise with curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. plus a little celery seed

potato salad: mayonnaise with dry mustard, salt and pepper to taste. plus a little celery seed.

We don't measure much in cooking just fool around until it tastes good.

There you have it! Now if I can just make it taste as good as hers!

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

Okay.......

I couldn`t make it either :(

Susana , how about giving up the rum cake info ?

sounds yummy!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

jupiter, that cake would make your toes curl!! Both my guys are chocoholics, but soon learned to eat small pieces, it was so heavenly rich!

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz