Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
butterflygardener_gw

Marion needs a hug!

butterflygardener
16 years ago

For those of you who don't know:

MsMarion's DH had an untreated heart attack a little while back (just recently confirmed). Naturally she has been very worried. No medical insurance and trying to keep afloat with their business. Medical expenses piling up and now unable to get needed treatment (heart cath w/ poss. stent vs open heart bypass graft) due to financial issues. She has been staying close at home and work for obvious reasons. Just thought some of you would like to pray for her and others could just voice some support with good wishes.

Love and prayers to you Marion,

Kat

Comments (29)

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Oh dear, Marion my prayers go out to you and DH! If you need anything just let me know!!

• tannatonk23_fl_z9a
    16 years ago

Awww, that stinks! MsMarion, consider yourself hugged and your hubby too.

Betsy

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Marion,

So sorry to hear this. Sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your hubby.

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Marion, you know my heart goes out to you. I am in the process of attempting to locate a surgeon and hospital who will do the procedures out of their dedication to the oath they took. I also know that piblicity (though not always wanted) can assist with getting a lot of things done. If doctors here can give away their services to people overseas who can not afford treatment - then why not take care of our own. I have had to do this for a friend and know it can be done. If you would like me to hit the road hard for you to locate services please let me know. I love you a lot and want to do whatever I can to assist you. I am powerful with a pen and I know the journalistic world well. I feel your pain and stress and know it is truly felt and not just lip service. I LOVE YOU and will ask the angels to provide your needs and for God to keep you close to his side and to guide you in the path you should go. *hugssssss* Linda

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

Marion,

So sorry. Steve and I are thinking of you!

• gcmastiffs
    16 years ago

Marion, We're so sorry to hear about your troubles! I hope your husband is not in pain, and that you can get the help he needs.

Please try to avoid Martin Memorial Hospital (North and South)! They are TERRIBLE. A great gal I work with, has a pacemaker, is in heart failure, and bleeds out from her leg veins. She went to Martim M for difficulty breathing, and sat there in the ER from 7AM until 9PM without treatment. She needed transfusions, which she finally got the next day, (3 units of blood). She then waited 2 days for a doctor to see her, and is still in the hospital, being pretty much ignored. With that lack of care, she won't get better! She has insurance, but apparently not enough to cover all medical bills, so she is worried sick about how to pay her bills.

Is there anything we can do to help you? Can I bring you some home-cooked meals to ease your burden a little bit?

Lisa

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

MsMarion ~ Love, hugs and prayers for you and your DH.

FlowerLady

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Thank you all so much for thoughts and prayers they mean so much. DH has been accepted into a program that's sponsored by the Department of Education, Vocational Rehab.
    They provide funding for workers. Martin Memorial is a vendor, but none of the cardilogists in this county are willing to take on people in this program.
    There is a Dr in St Lucie county but St Lucie county's hospitals are not allowed to take out of county residents.

The woman from Voc Rehab called today with good news she found a Dr in Ft Pierce who also has an office in Vero. He has privlages at Indian River Medical in Vero and they are a vendor. He was in surgery today and will look over DH's reports and hopefully will be able to see DH soon and schedule what ever treatment needed.
    The woman at Voc Rehab was telling me that she has to send people to Gainesville that need orthopedic care. There is just something very very wrong with that.

Please keep DH in your thoughts and prayers.
    Marion

• ginibee
    16 years ago

Marion, I'm so sorry to hear about your DH. It's so sad when we're at the mercy of insurance companies to get the medical help we need. I'll keep you both in my thoughts and prayers that he will see the doctor soon and on the road to recovery. God Bless!

Ginny

• wanna_run_faster
    16 years ago

Hi Marion, How's your hubby doing? And how are YOU doing? Have you been able to make an appointment with the cardiologist? Let me know if I can do anything to help.

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Today's update: DH gets to see the cardiologist next Thursday. I'm thankful but I was hoping it would be sooner. I'm going to call tomorrow and beg. DH is down to 200 lbs, which is not such a bad thing but the weight loss was so quick it worries me. He doesn't sleep well and one of the meds makes him dizzy. He's been coming to the shop, but supervises from his big rolling office chair and can answer custoner's questions that I can't, he's such a good salesman. He's frustrated that he can't do anything and he's going nuts that he can't ride his bike. It's such a stress reliever and a good sales tool.

I'm better this week. Last week not so good. LOL My faith and my GW friends are helping alot. My gardens are a mess of weeds, but I'm off on Sunday and will get out and get some weeding done.

Thank you all for your concern and your prayers.

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

Hi Marion,

WOW !

positive vibes and thoughts heading your way.

do check your email too please.

Tony

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

MsMarion,

So sorry to hear about your troubles and tribulations. I wish you and husband well. You're a really special and sweet person. : >) Take care.

Cliff

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

MsMarion,

So sorry to hear about your hubbby....sending good thought your way.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

(((((((((((((Marion)))))))))I was glad I got to talk to you this week. I hope you are hanging in there babe. I love you much!

OK guys, time to step up and help Marion and her hubby out. I am taking up a collection to help them. Starting with $100.00 from me. Your contribution will remain anonomous, if you like. Please contact me if you are able to make a contribution. Marion is a very special person, her Hubby Dick is so great to her and they deserve to be comfortable, happy and stress free. I would hope if I was in their situation, you all would help me out. C'mon guys, you helped my DIL's cancer walk, now let's help out MsMarion. Dig into those sofa cushions, scrape the change off your desk and grab that $20 you were gonna spend on beer. This is way more important~~coming from a beer lover!!

God will smile on you if you help! PLEASE?????

email cindeeaddessi@aol.com

Marion you and Dick are in my prayers every day, babe!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

OK, I should have spoke to Marion first before starting this. I am respecting her wishes and recinding my offer.

Hey I'm a fundraiser. I've raised more $$ for strangers in my lifetime, so I thought, why not help someone I care about.

So Marion, you can get all the (((hugs))) from me you want!

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Cindeea,
    I'm sure Marion loves you for the thought!
    It was very thoughtful of you!
    Just say a prayer and keep them in your thoughts and maybe down the road they can use our help, it's always here!

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    16 years ago

MsMarion, just wanted to wish you and your DH the best! May god be with you and your family always!
    Cindee, you have a caring heart! bless you!
    Jan

• carmiewest
    16 years ago

Marion,

Only today I came to the board and read about your husband. I am sorry you are going through this. Do you have the appointment tomorrow? I will be praying for good news. Please keep us posted.

Hugs,
    Carmen

• growgrow
    16 years ago

Marion,
    I too have not been to conversation in a long time and am just catching up.
    I am so sorry to read about you DH heart troubles!!! You and your hubby are in our prayers. If there is anything you need just let me know.
    Take care of your self too!!!
    Veronika

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

Hi Marion,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. I hope by now you've gotten some positive news from the cardiologist and your husband is on the mend and ready to ride.
    A long distance hug from me.

Barb

• solstice98
    16 years ago

(((((((((Marion)))))))))))

Thinking of you and sending hugs and positive thoughts your way,
    Kate

• butterflygardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dick is in the hospital tonight. He has had "chest pain" for past two days. I will post an update when I hear from Marion.
    Kat

• scents_from_heaven
    16 years ago

Marion, I know you have more important things to worry about at the moment other than GW, but I want you to know that I am saying a prayer for both you and Dick as I type this. I am praying that the angels watch over Dick and keep him safe until the doctors can decide what to do for him and for you to find peace of soul and mind and the strength to be ther for him both day and night. I know you will not rest until you know he is safe and I pray that you be given the energy and drive you need until he is out of the woods and then that you get rest so that you can take care of him when he comes home to your loving arns. I am praying for the business to prosper and for your love to bind both of you closer together. *****hug**** Linda

• carmiewest
    16 years ago

Thanks Kat for letting us know.

Marion, I am praying for Dick. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do.

Hugs,
    Carmen

• butterflygardener
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Update: Dick is still in hospital, chest pain improved with nitro and 4 chewable baby aspirin. Now his cardiac cath is moved up to tomorrow. It was previously scheduled for Tuesday. Glad to see he is getting needed care finally!

Marion is gratful for all the wonderful thoughts and prayers.
    May God bless them both,
    Kat

• cindeea
    16 years ago

((((Marion))))) I am off to Chicago on Tuesday, but just know you are in my heart! Love ya babe.

• ginibee
    16 years ago

Marion, I'm praying that Dick will get the medication and help he needs to get back to being healthy and doing the things he enjoys. I know from experience how hard it is to see your loved one having problems, but love and caring is half the battle to recovery. Hope you are doing well too. Take care of yourself.

Ginny

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

Marion ~ Love and prayers going out for you and your DH.

FlowerLady