It's time for Fish TV!

It's been a rough day Mom!

Comments (58)

• olyagrove
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Beautiful birdies!
    Scooter, the tailess wonder..how sweet
    My Miah has a bit of tail left ...most of it was amputated due to an injury..But now she is too cute with a little "nub"

Here is Miah after surgery, a few years ago (notice different colored eyes!)
    {{gwi:760610}}From My Kitties

She is a big girl now!
    {{gwi:760615}}From My Kitties

• puglvr1
    15 years ago

Adorable pet pictures!! Thanks for sharing your pets with all of us...Keep the photos coming!!

Here is my "Max"
    {{gwi:112868}}
    This is pretty much the way he spends his day...
    {{gwi:760620}}

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

this is Jinxie,Felix and Dixie Duck being enjoyed by the grand boys
    {{gwi:760624}}
    Junior is has short man syndrome so he is trying to get buff
    {{gwi:127297}}
    Kitten Little cannot figure out where the mouse went on my hubby's wireless computer
    {{gwi:127298}}
    This is Ank Heron. He is considered a pet since he s a regular around here!
    {{gwi:760627}}
    Dixie,Jinxie and Felix have graduated to the BIG pond now
    {{gwi:760630}}
    Kisses for me from Daisy Dog after a hard day in the garden
    {{gwi:760633}}
    Daisy had to raise Kitten Little who was born dead but I revived her.Mama cat would not care for her so I held the MOM cat down til she nursed and Daisy would clean and cuddle and let her suckle til nursing time came around again
    {{gwi:127282}}
    She still tries to mother Kitten Little even though KL is ten now and NOT appreciative!!
    {{gwi:760637}}
    Junior is first mate on our YACHT!
    {{gwi:760640}}

• manature
    15 years ago

Awwww, I'm loving these piccies! Kate, Big Petunia is such a winner...I LOVE great big cats! All of these babies are adorable!

Here are a few pictures of some of my animals.

This is Abby the Tabby...she's a mite fatter these days, being a sweet, but not too bright, cat whose main focus in life is the food bowl. Abby is a brown and white patched tabby longhair, which we rescued from a litter born under a truck.

This is Molly, who is somewhat fatter these days, too. (Funny how that seems to be the way of it with ALL creatures living in this household). Molly is a "torbie," which is a cat that is marked half tabby and half tortoiseshell. Her face & tummy are tabby striped, her back is tortoiseshell. Molly was rescued from a shelter.

This is Snickers, another rescue I bottled fed. She thinks she is a person, and doesn't like any of the other animals in the house. They are beneath her. She is a black and cream toroiseshell shorthair.

This is my precious baby Potter, a red & white piebald dachshund. We rescued Potter after he was taken from an abusive home. When we first got him, two years ago, he wouldn't tolerate Mark getting close to him, and was terrified of everything and everyone. He was a neurotic mess, and almost uncontrollable. Now is he much, much better, and loves almost all women, though he is still hesitant around men. He likes Mark now, too, though he will piddle all over the floor when Mark reaches for him. He likes him...but he doesn't trust him. He is my daylong shadow, staying beside me everywhere I go. A sweet dog, but definitely one with drain-bammage.

And of course, this is my baby, "Dancing With Weiners Star, Maksim Hotdogsky." Maks is just a sweetheart. Only seven months old, and still being stubborn about housebreaking, as dachshunds so often are. But he's coming along slowly. Dachshunds, as some of you might already know, do NOT live to please their owners. They are bred to be independent thinkers and therefore, can be really stubborn about things. They want to make their own rules, and my having been laid up for 8 weeks during the crucial training period means that Maks is behind schedule. But he'll get there. Potter did, and lord knows he wasn't at all housebroken when we got him. He was wild. So I know (and my vet has confirmed) that Maks is doing just fine for his age. He's just a little dollbaby.

Sadly, Maks will probably need surgery in a few months when he is finished growing, due to a bone deformity in his right rear leg which is causing him to limp, and getting worse daily. It's not painful (yet), but if it is going to impact his quality of life, we will have it corrected. If it is just cosmetic, I won't put him through that kind of surgery.

Pets That Have Crossed The Rainbow Bridge:

I can't share every pet I ever had over many years worth of cats and a couple of dogs, but there are a couple that are still part of every day. They just live in my heart that clearly.

This is Oscar, my first piebald dachshund. He was a dilute red and white piebald, as opposed to Potter. That means he had brighter, lighter coppery red markings and a liver colored nose, instead of black. He was one of the first piebalds available in the Orlando area (it is a relatively new color for dachsies) and therefore, his conformation was terrible...legs way too long, ears way too short. But he was all dachshund at heart, and was a dog like no other. He loved everyone, and everyone loved him. Oscar rests in his own flower bed, under a birdbath, and I miss him every single day.

This is Pierre Gustav Toutant Beauregard the Sasquatch. (P.G.T. Beauregard was the Confederate general who "started" the Civil War by firing on Ft. Sumpter. Make said it was obvious Beau was dressed in Confederate grey, so he picked the name.) Beau was a HUGE longhaired, blue & white polydactyl cat with extra toes on his front and back feet, both, which isn't common. He was my all time favorite cat, and losing him this past spring to a brain tumor still makes me cry. Beau was 12 when he started to have seizures, and I was NOT ready to let him go. He rests under a reflective blue gazing ball in my Bali hut bed.

Beau & Oscar...both gone now.

Sybil T. Smudge, a registered Persian black & cream tortoiseshell who never grew up. She weighed only six pounds at her largest. She was a gentle but slightly snobby little thing who liked to lie on the back of the chair or sofa, curled around your head. She died at 13 from liver failure, most likely a congenital problem related to her very small (for Persians) size. Her name was Sybil, but she was most often referred to as Biskitty.

And lastly, this is Hubert T. Hariball, or Huey. He was an amazing and beautiful red & white medium haired tabby who had personality plus. My husband cried every single day for a week after we lost him. Huey died at 16 from lung cancer. Who knew cats could even GET lung cancer? He lived in a non-smoking home, so we were never sure why it happened. He and Biskitty are buried in a "Pet Cemetery" in the backyard of our last house.

And that's my guys, past and present.

• manature
    15 years ago

Puglvr, your doggie is adorable! I love pugs, too! And GP, your pictures and stories are GREAT! And Ank Heron?? Hahahaha! I LOVE it!

Keep 'em comin', guys!

Marcia

• solstice98
    15 years ago

I'm still laughing about Ank Heron too!
    These pictures are all wonderful. This forum is so much more fun than working!!!

You've seen the cats, so it's time for the Solstice Household Dog Show. Most of you have seen these pictures before but I haven't done new ones for a while.

Here are the best garden buddies ever, The Daisy Dogs!
    Bandit the Rescued on the left and Sarah the Princess Dog on the right.

Sarah is 11 but refuses to discuss what that might be in dogs years. She does not recognize that she's a dog. If she really were a human, she would only dress in frilly pink dresses, I'm certain. She is a princess and DH Jim has never given her a reason to suspect otherwise.
    Herding sheep on the Moors? Are you kidding?!?
    Herding cats in the family room? Absolutely!

Bandit came to us when he was 5 years old as a rescue. He's 14 now and showing the effects of a difficult youth spent living mostly outside. He's deaf, arthritic, grumpy and can't use his right hind leg. He's sweet with us but can be a bit growly with others. We don't know why but the cats all love him. I mean seriously LOVE him. They rub on him and sleep next to him and follow him around like little side kicks. He growls at them and even curls his lip, but they just lick him. He never nips at them. He must have a natural capnip smell or a cat-hypnotic aura.

Kate

• cindeea
    15 years ago

It's wonderful seeing everyone's buddies again...I love them all! Pets do become family! Ank Heron is the best name in the house. I also love The duckies and an all time fav is Big petunia HAH! Marcia, Huey MUST have had tons of character to think his fat butt was going to fit in that little basket!

I have Tootie, a 15 yr old Tabby and Smudge a 14 year old Tortie. Tootie adopted Smudge at the vets and I had to go back to bring Smudge home after Tootie cried all weekend for her.
    Christiana Learned how to be gentle with the Cats after she got scratched trying to pull Tootie out from under the bed.
    {{gwi:760669}}From Photos for Dennis

She taught the younger boys to be gentle with the kitties too because "they're old, like Grampa and Cindee"!!
    Tootie and Anthony
    {{gwi:760670}}From Photos for Dennis

Toots and Dominic
    {{gwi:760672}}From Grandkids May-Jun 08

Smudge or Smudgie all curled up. She is really THE BABY and Tootie even babies her too.
    {{gwi:760674}}From Misc. Stuff

Tootie hates being disturbed when she is napping-which is MOST of the time! Talk about a Princess with an Attitude!
    {{gwi:760676}}From Misc. Stuff

• deeosu
    15 years ago

How do you post the pictures? I wouldlovetopostmine.

• gcmastiffs
    15 years ago

Every night we host WWMW(World Wide Mastiff Wrestling) in our living room. Ten-month old "Teeger" and 3 year-old "Gunner" are best buddies. They tend to get so rowdy and enthusiastic that they push the recliners across the room (with people sitting in them!) They toss toys in the air, and either drop them on our heads over the backs of the recliners, or shove the wet, dirty toys in our ears(G). Tug of war is favorite game, with few toys surviving more than one session.

Here "Ruby" is trying to break them up. She cuts in between them and gives them "the evil eye".

The clever Pug stays in her crate during these tussles(G).

Teeger is 140 lbs, and Gunner is now 180. He was a Rescue that nearly was put down due to aggression and a heart condition. He is now a big, happy, goofy mush, and likes everyone.

Sorry for the darkness of the pictures, I had only one light on and was using the flash.

Lisa

• solstice98
    15 years ago

* Posted by deeosu (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 30, 08 at 17:55

How do you post the pictures? I wouldlovetopostmine.

Deeosu, look at the posting on this Conversations page call "Easy Photo Posting Instructions". If you have trouble with it, send me an email and I'll help.

Kate

• tampaart
    15 years ago

Here are Sadie (the B&W one) and Max (the W one). Sadie has me wrapped around her finger, whereas Max just knows he is loved!

• claferg zone 9a Fl
    15 years ago

Foxy my Pomeranian loves my flowers
    {{gwi:760692}}

{{gwi:760695}}

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Lisa, I love to see Beeg Ol Dawgs rolling around like puppies! Pug is smart to stay outta the way.

TArt, how cute. Look at those faces...just begging for a SMOOCH!

claferg Foxy is a pretty little bloom!

• Lisa Brown
    15 years ago

LOL I love the pics.
    This is Chopper, my "kid" he is a 7 yo German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Chow mix. He is a special boy, diagnosed with severe Hip Displaysia when he was 2 and the vet didn't give us much hope for a long life. But I did a bunch of research myself and with proper diet, supplements and exercise, etc. (we bought a house with a pool mostly for him - the best low impact exercise is swimming, keeps his muscles strong) he is still going strong. He is my heart dog, I don't think I will ever have another like him.

Here he is with our kitty Voodoo. They play together alot, but she lets him know when she has had enough!

• manature
    15 years ago

Flanative, Chopper is gorgeous! I love that first picture. A lovely portrait. And congratulations on taking such good care of him. My Oscar was a special needs dog, too, with a condition called megaesophagus. He couldn't eat or drink anything that wasn't gravy consistency without choking. Most dogs with it die by two years of age, usually from aspiration pneumonia. (Which he did get several times, but we pulled him through). Oscar made it to a bit over four years before he finally got so sick nothing worked any more. It broke my heart to lose him, but I know I gave him double the life he would likely have had elsewhere. It was VERY hard taking care of him and making sure he didn't snarf up food anywhere. I applaud you for your efforts with Chopper! Hope he makes it a very long time for you.

Claferg, that is one of the prettiest poms I've ever seen. Just a lovely little foxy thing!!

Tampaart, Sadie and Max or sooo cute! What kind of dogs are they?

Lisa, your mastiffs are works of art! Such big ol' funny things...I love them! And the pug definitely knows the best way to avoid getting caught in the scuffle. Too cute!

Cindee, I love Tootie and Smudge. You'll notice my tortie Persian was called Sybil T. Smudge. (The "T" stood for "The"). Torties are especially cute to me. Such little mishmash markings. Tootie looks like she could actually be called a "torbie." I think I see some tortoiseshell markings on her in addition to her pretty tabby face and legs. They look well loved to me, with the kids enjoying them so much!

Kate, you know I think your doggies are wonderful! Just such beautiful things. I can now tell them apart, having just realized that bandit doesn't have the white blaze on his face. Great pics! And of course, Big Petunia is a special girl. Great pictures of Jack Bauer, too. I didn't even notice that his ear was tipped. So glad you were able to give him a home! Ya gotta love a black and white cat that has a PINK nose. Too sweet!

Cindee, Huey WAS a true character! And believe me, I found him squoosed into smaller containers than that basket. You would think he would be way to uncomfortable to sleep, but nope. He actually enjoyed cramming his lardly self into tight spaces. He reminded me of women who buy shoes too small because they think people won't realize how big their feet are!

GP, all of your animals are precious, but I especially have a soft spot in my heart for wire-haired terriers. Daisy is wonderful. I love the picture of her with you...she's so in love with you! And with the kitty, too, of course. Junior and Kitten Little are great, and you look like you have just the coolest yard/pond for them and for the ducks. It's terrific!

Puglovr, the picture with Max ought to be your Christmas Card. I've seen a lot of pugs, but Max has an especially pretty face and soft fawn coloring. He's so cute sleeping on the couch like that. Potter does that from time to time, too...but with way less LEGS hanging down! *grin*

Olya, Miah is so pretty...you can't beat a tuxedo cat for a classy looking feline! All your kitties are special, and you are to be commended for working so hard to find homes for the unwanted and/or abandoned kitties that cross your doorstep. I know you are their tireless champion, and I applaud you for that effort. The photos of your foster babies are wonderful, and I hope you find homes for every one of them. I especially love the blue point Siamese mix. He's stunning!

Lellie, your Scooter is precious, too, with or without a tail, and I love your birds. I used to raise parrots of various types, and I had two pet amazons and an African grey, as well. I ended up placing all my larger birds in breeding situations, as there is such a shortage (especially of Amazons) in the wild that preserving the species is a real issue. And mine had reached a point where they really wanted to mate, so they are now happily producing little parrots in a private breeding program. At one point, I had 46 birds in the house! (Because I am nothing if not compulsive and can't do anything halfway.) But now I am leaving raising them to younger, stronger folks! Is your amazon a yellow-front?

Solstice, forgot to mention McQueen who is toooo cute for words! I love his blue eyes with his apricotish tabby coloring. Very unusual and pretty!!

Laura, Mojo is such a pretty color, he almost looks like one of the tabby Bengals. (They aren't all spotted). I love his face, and the picture in the chair is too cute.

What a nice thread this is, and such a relief to find a spot where no one is arguing. Thanks for all the love shown here! I'm enjoying these photos so much!

Marcia

• tampaart
    15 years ago

They are Havanese dogs!

• puglvr1
    15 years ago

Thanks Marcia, He is a really funny dog...and a great big HAM!!

Great photos everyone!! Keep them coming...

• manature
    15 years ago

I should have guessed, Tampaart, but sometimes the "fuzzy" guys get confusing. They are related to bichon frises, right? And the little cotons?

I love dog breeds. Even before we became dog owners, I loved seeing the variety of dogs man has created for so many purposes. I have always been a cat person, as is my husband, but I have always admired and enjoyed other people's dogs. Just never could adjust to having one around the house. (My theory is that having a cat is sharing your house with a fairly well-behaved roommate, but having a dog is basically the same as having a child. Much more care involved in many ways.) But then I met my cousin's dachshund and all was lost. And dachshunds are very similar to cats in attitude. This is a good thing when they are being used for what they were bred for (hunting badgers in deep burrows, with no human alongside to tell them what to do) but can be a bad thing when you are trying to teach them to LISTEN to you in your home. They don't see the need, as, like cats, they figure they are smarter than you are, anyway.

But there is no animal on earth that has been bred to such a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and coats, nor for so many uses as the dog. And in such a relatively short period of time.

How many of you watch The Westminster Dog Show on tv each year? I'm addicted and watch all six hours every February, just to enjoy the beauty of all these breeds, and to learn more about the new ones they accept every year. I'm a hopeless information geek!

More pictures, please!!

Marcia

• solstice98
    15 years ago

I watch Westminster every year. It usually falls on or very near my birthday. We always cheer for the breeds of dogs we've lived with: the Golden Retrievers, the Norwegian Elkhounds (oh I still miss my big babies!), and the Shetland Sheepdogs.

I love it when they talk about the Shelties watching over their flocks, braving cold rainy weather on the moors, and alerting their people to danger around their farmsteads. Sarah has the alerting thing down, but refuses to walk on the grass if it's wet. I suspect that if we showed her a sheep her first reaction would be "What the **** is THAT? Eeeeeewwuuuuuu, it smells funny! Make it go away! I'll be over here defending my chewies. Tell me when it's gone."

• manature
    15 years ago

Hahahaha! I love it, Kate. I have a friend who had a Corgi (also a herding dog) who would round up the neighborhood kids, forcing them into a tighter and tighter circle, with obvious delight. Herders are too much, and they encompass such a wide variety of dog types, from Old English sheepdogs to Australian cattle dogs, to the little Corgis and the shelties or larger collies. Pulis and border collies and so many more. A very interesting group of dogs.

Me, I'm partial to terriers and dachsies, of course, though if I ever get a big dog, I'm going straight to the top and getting an Irish Wolfhound, the tallest breed of all. I love their rough, wild Celtic look. Wolfhounds and Scottish deerhounds touch something in my soul, conjuring up images of the highlands and brawny men in kilts. (And lord knows, one can never get enough of men in kilts...oooooh! Be still my heart!)

Irish Wolfhound:

Scottish Deerhound (not quite as tall as the wolfhound, but quite an impressive dog, nonetheless)

Marcia

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Im madly in love with Sadie,what a cutie!
    .But my eyes are really drawn to the brown eyes of Chopper,he needs to be on a pet calender.
    Dachies are cute but they leak LOL!
    And I absolutely love ALL the kitty photos but I promised myself No more kitties when KL is gone.I am in love with siamese and always had one til of late.
    The pomeranian looks like sweety too!
    And The pugs!!!!!!!! Oh I would take one of those any day.
    The birds are GORGEOUS but I prefer mine outside thats why Ill stick to ducks.
    I love my Daisy dog but I must say I will never have another. Terriers have earned the nick name of terrorists for a reason. I pity ANY one with a Jack Russell and the wire hair fox terriers are almost as bad. Jack Russells were made from the wire hair fox and something else ,I think maybe a Tazmanian devil! So while my wire hair fox terrier has finally slowed down a bit at 11 years old i cannot fathom going through that again!
    These pictures are GREAT!

• manature
    15 years ago

GP, funny you should say that about wire fox terriers. My mother had one as a child, and growing up I thought the pictures of her long-gone dog were the cutest things ever. The first dog I decided to get was a wire fox terrier, and OMG! The dog was adorable but had the personality of a Speed Freak. I found out the hard way what the true meaning of the term "wired" was with these dogs! We lived in a mobile home at the time, and the dog literally bounced off of the walls all day long. As much as I loved her, I had to find her another home with someone that had plenty of yard and that knew wirehaireds well. They had lost theirs recently and were very eager to get another, so she went to a good place. I knew at that time that I'd never get another of the really active terriers, as much as I love the look of them. They just didn't work with our lifestyle at all. In fact, until I found dachshunds, I didn't expect to ever own a dog. Figured we would alway stick to cats. And Mark fought me tooth and nail when I got my first dachsie, but has since grown to love them very much. (It's that cat-like part of their personality that works for him.)

You are right. Dachsies leak. But they can be controlled if you don't let them get all excited. With mine, it works best if people coming in the door (including me returning from the store, etc) ignore them completely until they calm down. Then they are usually fine. But if you respond to their excitement, be prepared to get the paper towels out.
    As they get older, they seem to get better about that, too. I just love their smiling faces! And the cool thing about dachsies is that they come in two sizes, three different coat types, and about 25 different colors and patterns.

Here are a few of my favorite dachsie pics (since no one is posting new pet pics today). Enjoy!

Marcia

See what I mean about smiling faces?

• Randy Ritchie
    15 years ago

I love seeing peoples' pets! Wonderful to see all those furry and feathered faces. :-)

Here's mine. Simon's my pound kitty, a gigantic Himalayan, swimming in the canal out back. Watch Catty Phelps going for the gold:

And, Simon sporting his brand new lion cut, stalking birdies and lizards:

Missy is a six-month foster doggie - when she is through with quarantine, she will fly over the big pond to join her number one mum and dad in Great Britain, with me most likely accompanying her. Here she's settling down for a nappie with Simon:

Our current duck family begging for lunch:

• olyagrove
    15 years ago

wow...what an amazing array of pictures! Everyone has such great family members, and what a diversity!
    Goldenpond, I am particularly impressed by sweet Daisy Dog, and care for Kitten Little...What a good mama!

I have one foster kitty, she is an older girl, who got fixed pretty late, and had lot and lots of kittens while a stray. Soon after she got spayed, I was fostering a bunch of kittens, and Daisy, my foster girl, acted like their mom and even had milk for a while!

Daisy cleaning little Fay (adopted)
    {{gwi:760761}}From Daisy the Super Mom

• puglvr1
    15 years ago

ADORBLE PICTURES you guys...

Marcia, that little puppy on that scale is sooo cute!!

• babalu_aye
    15 years ago

Here's Babalú, our Corgi and my online alterego. Sadly we had to have him put to sleep a year ago in July. We were devastated. He was a very friendly dog, but definitely had an alpha-dog complex - always trying to test the limits. And he loved to herd kids and the cat. (I'll have to hunt for pictures of the cat - Chi Chi - on the other computer to post later)

Then last October we got Samson, a West Highland White Terrier. He just turned a year old in August. I've always wanted a Westie but was reluctant after hearing stories about "holy terror" terriers.

But I have to say Samson is the sweetest, most easy to train dog I've ever had. He's so obedient he'll even sit and stay while while I throw a piece of chicken on the floor for the cat to eat, waiting until I tell him it's ok for him go get it.

Here's Samson:

• Lisa Brown
    15 years ago

I am starting to think love of gardening goes hand in hand with being a pet lover too. Everyone has such cute fur-bubs.
    I forgot to post the most appropriate picture ever. This is what I came home to one night, after being angry about being informed that Chopper was tromping in my new flower bed, squishing the new plants I put in. (After that we put up a few rows of string for a few months to train him to keep out)

LOL!

• solstice98
    15 years ago

I am in love with Chopper! The face, the coloring, everything. He can tromp through my garden anytime.

Anybody ever look at the pets up for adoption on the petfinder.com website? I was helping a co-worker look for a dog earlier this week and came across a merle colored sheltie that's up for adoption. (OK, I admit it, I didn't just come across it, I actually looked up 'shelties'.) With 3 cats and 2 dogs - one of them elderly with lots of medical needs - I can not have another dog. But he's so beautiful! Anyway, it's a great web site and if you are in the market for any type of pet, you should check it out.

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Petfinder.com

• manature
    15 years ago

Flanative, that dog has about the most expressive face I've ever seen! He's just so sweet looking! Love the sign. My guys would have torn it off and eaten it in about 3 seconds! In the big portrait in your first post, Chopper's face looks very like a leonberger, to me. Lovely dog.

Babalu, your corgi was a real beauty! They are such sweet and cuddly doggies. I love their thick fur, and of course, being long and low, they have a special place in my heart. (I'm crazy for all things short, stubby-legged and sausagey! Well, except for that one check-out guy at Publix!) And loving terriers as much as I do, I think Westies are adorable. As a group, terriers are SO smart and quick to train, if sometimes very high energy. But Westies and Scotties seem to have a lower energy level. At least some of them, anyway. Yours is darling!

Puglvr, that puppy photo is a great favorite of mine. And I love the one of the dachshund that has crawled completely into the sweater sleeve. Nuthin' but nose tip showing. They LOVE to burrow. Mine will pull couch pillows down over their heads to sleep, if they can't find a blankie.

Olya, I love the picture of the cat licking the little striped kitten. So sweet! The little one reminds me of the strays I caught last year. Here's a blurry picture of Thing Two.

Girlsaylor, I love Himmies, and yours looks beautiful in the couch picture. But...somebody stole his FUUUUUR!!! Waaaaah! *grin* Missy looks very sweet, too.

This is a great, CHEERFUL thread! Thanks for starting it, Laura! Here are some pictures of my parrots who have been put in breeding programs. They are much happier now that they have lady loves to keep them satisfied!

This is Basil, our green-cheeked amazon, also called a Red-headed Mexican amazon. Basil was supposed to be MY bird, but bonded immediately with Mark and wouldn't have anything to do with me if Mark was around. These birds are extremely endangered in the wild and they expect that the only way to keep them from extinction is through captive breeding programs. He is in a private home where he is coddled and loved, in addition to having his mate now.

I can't find my pictures of my African grey, but here is a little guy we really loved. This is Sgt. Peeper, and he lived with us for 16 years before he died. He's a green-cheeked conure, and he was a funny little bird with loads of personality.

That's about it for now, I reckon...okay, maybe one more funny dachshund picture to make you smile. Oh, go ahead and laugh...HE is!!

Marcia

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

Marcia are you sure thats not a Kanga roo????

• manature
    15 years ago

Hehehe...he IS pretty funny looking, isn't he? It isn't one of mine, but I've seen mine do the very same thing, with the very same look on their faces.

Marcia

• scottrell
    15 years ago

This is fun! here are a couple of my babies.
    Norm and Duma - You can't tell from here but they are both tail less! Chelsea and michelle in the backround

src="http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq73/lertok/1021071132-01.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">

• cindeea
    15 years ago

Oh my gosh I am = LOVING all thes pet pics. I found some of Tootie last Christmas...she only wanted to wear the ribbon so long...{{gwi:760776}}From Christmas 2007
    {{gwi:760777}}From Christmas 2007

Then she YELLED at me ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
    {{gwi:760778}}From Christmas 2007

Baba-that Corgi is a beautiful little dog. How are they as a pet? I am thinking ahead, after Tootie and Smudge, maybe a smallish dog. My cats have been with me about 5-6 years before Dennis and Dan and although they tolerate and love them, I am their Mama and I think a small dog would be a nice all around family member. Oh and Samson is superb!

• solstice98
    15 years ago

While trying to figure out where to put this large TV we picked up used, it's sitting on the floor in the family room in front of the fireplace. We were surprised by McQueen's reaction. He hasn't left this rug in 4 days! He rolls around, paws at the screen and talks to it in a very Siamese way!

The other animals ignore it completely.

Just for the record, McQueenie did not appear to show any political preference.

• KaraLynn
    15 years ago

There are so many adorable pet pics! Here are a few of my own.
    Here's a recent picture of my lovable Khyssa lounging on the bed. And another of her being cute outside. She's a real cuddler, particularly when I'm trying to go to sleep at night!

Here's a slimmed down Koneko lounging in an old gape vine basket that she loves. She used to be much too fat to fit in that basket.

This is my friend Destin's poodle Souix who is only 6 months old and already weighs over 50 LBs! I figured I'd post pictures of him here since I've pretty much bee named his godmother! In the pictures he's playing keep away with a straw and is wet from having just been for a swim. Isn't he adorable!!

Kara

• tony_k_orlando
    15 years ago

Here is Ms Buppydog smelling what's cooking in the neighborhood.
    {{gwi:760796}}

Here is a face shot, I guess no one was cooking at the time.

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

That is a magnificient animal Tony and a nice ornament to your coleus garden

• auntiejan
    15 years ago

I am really enjoying all of these beautiful pet pictures... I agree that Chopper is a very special boy, you can see it in his face. Great photos everyone! I haven't posted much lately but I can't resist! Here's a few of ours, I live with my sister and we have a "blended" family.

This is Skeeter, he is a certified meowologist. He keeps us all updated on the latest weather happenings.

And little Mindy with her prized beanbag toy.

And her big "brother" Murphy, Mommy's Boy.

Sporting a sweet profile is my Molly, a golden retriever/ shepherd mix.

This the cat entertainment area, otherwise know as squirrel watching on the screened porch. This is Snickers, the callie, who is sibs with Skeeter, and Onyx, who tolerates the others.

They all love this little cat bed.

Snickers in the same bed.

This is a pic of Skeeter and Snickers in the same bed (cover was being washed) when I was bottle feeding them.

Here's both of them now.

Keep up the wonderful pictures everyone!

• cindeea
    15 years ago

WOW Tony, your Dog looks just like you...without the white hair!!

• imatallun
    15 years ago

Awwww...what a wonderful time I've spent with your posts of magnificent pics and stories about the ones you love best, whether feline, canine or marvelous birds, those still happily romping or dearly departed.

Here is my dear Ruby, an Isabella...fawn doberman. I was in search of a Boston Terrier female from a rescue society in SE Fla. According to the web site, that Boston had been rescued from a puppy mill and had been confined to a cage her entire life. The rescue society didn't respond to my e-mails or calls, so I drove to the general vicinity and right up to a vet's office. The staff there were so kind. They called everyone they could think of in animal rescue and came up empty.

Then they asked me if I would consider adopting a doberman. I met Ruby (they called her Nube) and took her home that day. She was a year old. She got carsick on the way home, 40 miles.

She used to be one horrid critter. I replanted a cardboard palm 16 times before I finally gave it away to a neighbor, because Ruby ripped that plant out of the ground 17 times, and ran triumphantly through the yard with it hanging from her mouth.

Even at her ripe age of 7 (almost 8) she locks eyes with me and messes with anything I've been out in the garden working on. For instance, I dug up and potted a banana pup for Ricky's swap. Ruby looked at me, stuck her snout under the lowest leaves, and gave the whole pup a big shake.

But I love her to bits, and love the memories of that beloved Boston Terrier I was seeking to replace. Here she is, my aging hunter/killer. She has killed 3 coral snakes (aghh!), rats, roaches, moles, and she still loves to use a stuffed kitty as a pillow.

{{gwi:760829}}

This may be the dog I loved the most, even though she has been a genuine pain in the glutes.

• auntiejan
    15 years ago

I adore Ruby... what a sweet picture! Sorry about all of your lost plantings... maybe she wanted to put them in a different place! ;O)

• Lisa Brown
    15 years ago

Wow Ruby is beautiful, and I've never seen a fawn dobe before, how neat!
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments about Chopper. He is a special boy for sure.
    I keep coming back here to check out the pics, I love em!

• imatallun
    15 years ago

Thanks, auntiejan & flanative! Ruby's a pip! Her favorite treats are all the usual dog stuff plus sweet potatoe skin, left over butternut squash, and licking the residue from a Haas avacado skin and/or yogurt container.

Her kitty pillow is currently headless (again). I've sewed that head back on three times; have decided not to get out that upholstery needle (yet). I'll probably cave in. She has plenty of toys, just loves kitty the best.

Her worst garden escapade this year was knocking over 10 fresh hoya cuttings I had laid out in dappled sun. I was devastated when it happened, but am happy to report that the cuttings survided just fine.

Here's my favorite picture of her (so far)
    {{gwi:760833}}

And an earlier one with her doing the "dobie grin". That big stuffed animal was intended for my great niece, who was horrified by it, but loved splashing her hands in Ruby's water bowls!

{{gwi:760836}}

• mikeyannie
    15 years ago

I'm really lovin' all of these pet pics. Thanks for sharing. I wanted a big dog. My Hubby wanted a "tote along" dog, so you could pick him up and tote him along. We are now the happy owners of our portable pooch, Tanner. Here he is.

• atreelady
    15 years ago

I just LOVE this thread. It's so happy. What cute cute babies everyone has. So I had to take some pics of mine to share.

Max - He lives up to his name
    {{gwi:760851}}

The owl and the pussycat.
    This is several years old. An owl came to visit and stayed outside the window for over an hour looking at Max.
    {{gwi:760855}}

Miss Tiggy - What's on the pool cage roof?
    {{gwi:760859}}

Cinnamon - Rainwater for the plants always tastes better.
    {{gwi:760863}}

• jollyjp
    15 years ago

Everyone's picts of your fur-kids are so adorable! Just had to add ours to the mix- 1st is Mysti, next is Thor, then our new baby Shadow,
    finally Boobie & Frosty.

src="http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll281/jollyjp/Im000118.jpg"; border="0" alt="Mysti">

p/?action=view¤t=P8200005.jpg" target="_blank">

[IMG]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll281/jollyjp/Im000118.jpg[/IMG]

• puglvr1
    15 years ago

Had to share a picture of my Halloween Lady Bug Pug...

Here is Max...

{{gwi:760877}}

• imatallun
    15 years ago

Wow! ATreelady, that is the coolest picture with Max and the owl. How cool that the owl was there for an hour. Did either of those critters make sounds or was it a silent stare down? Thank you so much for sharing.

And pugluver, your Max is just too cute! Thanks for all of the smiles you brought to my morning, everyone who has posted!

• atreelady
    15 years ago

Imatallun glad you liked the owl and cat pic. Max is a very low-key kinda cat. Nothing rattles him. He just sat there and looked. However the owl did this loud clicking thing with his beak and spread his(or her) wings out several times. It was sure strange - one of those once in a life time things.

• puglvr1
    15 years ago

Thanks Imatallun!!

I agree the owl and the pussycat is so cute...