Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lisa_brown264

Newbie - Introduction

Lisa Brown
15 years ago

Hi all I will admit I have been 'lurking' a bit for a month or so and figured I should make it official. We bought our first house in West Volusia last July and I am thrilled to make the move from container gardening to landscaping and learning how to veggie garden. I have barely done anything to the inside of the house (which needs serious work) because I have concentrated on the outside this whole year. No one around me really gets it but I think you will ;o) Although we are getting comments on how much nicer it looks since we bought the place. I spent a month after we first moved in teaching myself as much as I could about Florida native plants because I want to incorporate those as much as I can.

So far we ripped out the horrible looking/smelling leggy bushes in the front of the house and started a butterfly garden from plants, seeds, and cuttings. Started another butterfly garden on the side of one fence in the back yard, and planted many of my container plants in another area. Finally was able to plant my Aloe and Bromeliads in the ground in another place and 'appropriated' some self-seeded Lily of the Nile from outside my office building and popped those in the same place.

We started our first raised bed for veggies in May. Which is what drew me here so I can learn more. We are looking at it as an 'experiment' right now since it is our first time and we are trying not to get discouraged when things don't work.

I am composting and loving it. We are starting a new bed shortly (these 'canes are making me wait!).

I guess that's about it. I wasn't sure, but I belong to some MSN groups and introductions are the way to go there, so I figured it'd be the same here. I look forward to getting to know you (and your gardens). If you have any questions feel free to ask.

My name is Lisa, it looks like you have at least one other Lisa here. You can call me Lisa B... :o)

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor