Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ariel73

Weight Watchers

ariel73
18 years ago

Is anyone doing weight watchers? I joined a few weeks ago and have lost a few pounds, only 25 more to go!

Where is the magic pill to take off this weight?

Any ways have any of you had luck with WW or any other program?

Ariel

Comments (9)

• pete41
    18 years ago

On the back of the rose forum there is a very active conversation forum.If you don't get answers here,go there.Your question is one of the most asked.LOL

• bruggirl100
    18 years ago

If I could afford to join a group, it would be weight watchers. They were the first, and still the best I think. Congrats on your weight loss!

• fuzzy
    18 years ago

I joined about a year ago and really enjoyed it, but can't get back to it until the baby comes and life gets a little more settled again. It works, but unfortunately, there is no magic pill involved. :) (If you find one, let me know! I'd prefer a pill to gallons and gallons of water and endless walking...)

• AmberSky
    18 years ago

I'm a WW follower, thou I haven't been going to meetngs for the last year. I get my support at Dotti's Weight loss Zone, with its talk forums, its recipes and its food lists.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dotti's

• gatormomx2
    18 years ago

Join our free Habitat For Humanity Spa and Fitness Program .
    I run the Habitat Bargain Barn and my volunteers work SO hard that all have lost weight . Those who are able to come in several days a week have lost the most weight . Over the summer I have had volunteers - both men and women lose 35 , 27 , 25 , and 23 pounds . I myself have dropped an entire dress size in three months of working there and have packed on the muscle and stamina .
    Our secret ? We work five hours or so a day at hard physical labor . We drink gallons of water but take no lunch breaks . We do snack on apples or energy bars occasionally . The combination of more exercise and fewer calories does it . The real trick is to have so much fun ( as we do ! ) that you don't even realize how hard you are working . The pounds literally melt away .

• tony_k_orlando
    18 years ago

Holy Cow ! Ariel, where do you expect to lose 25lbs from?

Thats a typo, right?

If its not a typo, I must have 100 extra lbs to shed!

best of luck to you.

Tony

• julieyankfan
    18 years ago

If I could afford it, I would go. My neighbor goes and she keeps her weight in check. My friend in NY just started and already lost 15 lbs. There is this young girl at the bank I go to that was HUGE, but she had the most gorgeous long brown hair. It was to die for!!! I hadn't seen her for a while and then there she was - only half of her!!! She lost 130 lbs.!!!!! She is gorgeous. What a beauty and the hair is even better. I'll bet her hair weighs more than her now.

My neighbor did show me the books she has from WWers. They follow a very intelligent plan for eating. My whole problem is that I can't do much in the way of exercising because of my back. My doctor said the cortisone shots I get in my back and hips shouldn't be causing the weight gain, but I gained 2 more lbs. after the last round of shots, so he's wrong.

Anyway, try it and see how you like it.

• ariel73
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Amber- great site!!

Tony- I knew I liked you for more then just your tomatoes!

Seriously I carry most of my weight in the middle which I can usually hide pretty well. Minus the 3 times this year people have asked me if I was pregnant. 7 years ago I weighted 105 which was great!! I don't ever expect to get that small again nor am I trying. But I would like to get down to around 120-125.

I love to eat, especially sweets. And the holidays are almost here and I LOVE to bake!!!!!! So this is going to be interesting.
    I am trying to get in more exercize. So hopefully that will help.

I agree that weight watchers is expensive. So I won't be going to anymore meetings. I mainly went to get the point counter card.
    We have a new addition to the family. We are proud foster parents of a 15 yr old girl. We already new her through some friends. She was in a horrible situation so we took her in and now I think it is going to be permanent. We shall see. Anyways we are definately watching our money.

• Lynn_Z9
    18 years ago

Ariel - I did do weight watchers last year, and it does work. The thing I liked most was that it taught you how to eat sensibly (and healthy!) from "regular food" - you don't have to buy special foods that REALLY run into money. I lost about 15 lbs., but haven't been sticking to it for the last 6-or-so months and have gained back much of it. Just goes to show how much starch, etc. is in our regular diet, because I honestly am not a big junk food eater.
    Try it, and it will work. If you can get through about the first 3 weeks, they are the hardest. By the 4th week it becomes almost second nature ... and after you lose the first 5-8 lbs you are really inspired.
    There is also a WW website that gives you tips and recipes - www.weightwatchers.com You have to subscribe to get into some items on the site, but there is a lot of free-access stuff too. And get a buddy to do it with you - you keep each other motivated. Good Luck !!