Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annafl_gw

Larger photobucket photos

annafl
17 years ago

All my photos at photobucket are about the same size. When I post them, I can only make them smaller, not bigger. Now I know I'm a computer dunce, but there must be an easy way. Everyone seems to know how to do it but me!

How do I post the photos larger than how my computer placed them in photobucket? Photobucket gives me the option of 50% of original or 25% original, but not larger than original.

Comments (8)

• maureen155
    17 years ago

Hi Anna -

I'm a little confused by your question. Are the photos you're trying to post on gardenweb coming out too small or is it the pictures you're seeing in your photobucket album that are too small?

I don't believe photobucket will let you enlarge the photo once you upload it. If they did, I doubt you'd be happy with the result.

Maureen

• solstice98
    17 years ago

You can't enlarge anything once it is in photobucket or any other holding site I know of. Click on edit and see what size it says your pictures are. Also check to see what size they are on your computer before you upload them. I've never had photobucket change mine in the process of uploading so you must be feeding them in as small.?.

If they are small coming off your camera, you'll need photoshop or another program to enlarge them, I think. Most computers have a basic photo managing program and you can try that too.

Tell us more and maybe we can provide better help.

• annafl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

For example, one photo that I put in a file on my computer says 962kb, and it covers maybe 2/3 or 3/4 of my screen when I click on it. However, I put this in my photobucket album and there it is 91k. I did not try to modify the size. When I click on it from my photobucket album, it occupies much, much less of my screen and it is too far away frequently to see details (ducks, frogs, etc).

Is there any way to keep the original size of my photo, as copied onto my computer, in the photobucket album?

Thanks for trying to help me!

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Anna - when I upload into photobucket the images come out the same size as on my computer so I don't know what to tell you! Wish I could help!
    You might want to try posting this question on the GardenWeb Photography Forum. A few people there are very skilled and may be able to help.
    Kate

Anybody else have any ideas?

• maureen155
    17 years ago

Photobucket will automagically resize uploaded pictures larger than 1 meg. Try resizing your picture to the one of the dimensions I mentioned above before uploading so photobucket doesn't resize for you.

Maureen

• maureen155
    17 years ago

OOPS. I didn't mention a suggested size in my previous post. I thought I had.

Try resizing to 400x300 or 500x375.

Maureen

• annafl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Maureen, I just spent a long time trying to see if I could figure out how to do it. I was not successful. For size, it just says 961kb. It does not give two dimensions. Sorry.

• maureen155
    17 years ago

Anna -

The 961kb is the size of the file. What you want to do is to decrease the dimensions of the photo (in pixels.) This, in turn, will decrease the file size and make your picture much easier to view online. I don't know what software you're using to manage your pictures, but almost any of them should provide a way to resize your photos. There should be an option to change the dimensions, which are likely now much much larger than the numbers I gave you.

If you want to, feel free to email me with specifics about your software and if I'm familiar with it, perhaps I can walk you through the process.

Maureen