Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trinigemini

The Housing Market has Improved

trinigemini
14 years ago

My house was on the market for three days....and it SOLD. We had four offers in that time. No wonder I haven't been able to find anything in Jupiter yet.

Comments (10)

• msmarion
    14 years ago

Congrats you guys! I wonder if it's our nephew, he was just hired by the Justice Dept. and will be moving to Miami. I'll have to call him. When do you close?

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    14 years ago

They wanted to close by Nov. 30th for the incentive, but the incentive has been expanded so now we close on Dec. 18.

But I still haven't found a place in Jupiter. All the houses you see on the internet are under contract or look nothing like the pics. We go up there again on Sunday.

• stuartwanda
    14 years ago

Wow, that was fast! Good luck finding a new place fast.

• mistiaggie
    14 years ago

Jupiter is so nice! I love that area and wish I could live up there!

• natives_and_veggies
    14 years ago

Good for you! And for me! I own a home in Dade, where I want to live for a long time, but it's always nice to hear about someone selling quickly and getting the price they wanted. Makes everything feel a little less dodgy.
    Good luck in the Jupiter search!
    S

• goldenpond
    14 years ago

If you have a decent home to sell and it is not a short sale or foreclosure people will flock to it. My hubby just sold one in a week because no one wants to wait forever for the banks to make a decision. Often it is a NO.
    Good for you and Good Luck!!!!

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Goldenpond..that is exactly what our realtor said. We sold our home in a very short time. Buying was much much harder. We were going to build, because there was literally nothing that fit our criteria, but a house just dropped drastically in price so we grabbed it up. So many many homes are sitting there because the banks don't want to lose too much money. With all the short sales and forclosures it really is not a buyers market...unless you're willing to waste months and months waiting for banks to make a decision.

We did not look at anything that was short sale. Just not worth the hassle. Plus the homes are usually not in the best shape because the people don't have money.

• wanna_run_faster
    14 years ago

I have a friend who has a short sale under consideration and has been waiting to hear back from the bank...for 13 months!!! And still no word of when the house will eventually close! You definitely did the smart thing, Trinigemini :)

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks WRF....it was my realtors I have to thank for that. They warned us that Short sales could take over a year to close and may still be denied. We found out that we could build a house in much less time than it takes a short sale to close, build it cheaper, and if we built it would be brand new whereas if we bought a short sale we would still have to remodel.

We were just about to sign with the builders when the house we are buying went down in price. Both my closings are happening within a month of the contract being signed. :-)

Tell your friend she may want to reconsider. We were in a rush to buy because my boss wants me up in jupiter by the beginning of the year. Otherwise, we would have waited for the builder. 6-9 months for a brand new home. I have a great reference if she is interested.

• sharbear50
    14 years ago

I wish the market was better here in Port Saint Lucie. I did a search for homes $180,000 to $250,000 and there is 290 homes. I had my house on the market for a year and nothing. We will stay until the market improves or permanently if my hubby gets a job closer. Hubby is working in Miramar...105 miles away!