Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katkin_gw

Bait and Switch

katkin_gw
17 years ago

I am a little annoyed. Someone posted about doing a TRADE and granted it was a desirable plant, now they say they want to SELL it to me. It was done off line, so I can't report them to GW, but I feel it was the old Bait & Switch. I even borrowed a camera to take a picture of my bromeliads to show what I would be sending. :(

Comments (8)

• jupiterplants
    17 years ago

You have a right to be ticked off... If they want to sell, let them get their occupational license and their resale certificate from the state !

This site is about sharing...And the thrill of growing.
    ~~~~~~~~D`Ann~~~~~~~~~~~

• katkin_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anyone who know me, knows I am a very generous trader and I also give away tons of plants. I was really set up this morning only to receive an email tonight saying they would sell me the plant plus shipping. He is probably someone who sells on Ebay and thought he could use this forum for more sales as they just joined in Nov.

BTW, D'Ann, when are you coming to see me? I have lots of plants for you. :)

• cindeea
    17 years ago

Katkin, was this someone connected with GardenWeb? You should tell us who it is and we will all be AWARE! Let's run him outta town guys.

Katkin, you are such a kind, sharing and generous person, I am sorry you had a run in with a good-for-nothing scheister!

• ginibee
    17 years ago

So sorry this happened to you. No one is more generous with their plants than you and the offer of a sale only had to be offensive.

Ginny

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    17 years ago

I made a trade a few months back, sent the seeds and a self stamped envelope. Never heard back. E-mailed a couple of times. Gave up. That was my first garden web trade. Haven't seem the person posting anymore. Im thinking they probable had some personal problems and couldn't follow through.

• solstice98
    17 years ago

Is this the person on the exchange page that listed dozens of broms? That looked a bit like a scam to me, especially when I saw they had just joined GardenWeb. I urge you to report your experience to iVillage. Even if some of it happened off-line, they should know someone is trying to use this forum to sell their product.
    Kate

• jupiterplants
    17 years ago

Kathy , I would love to come see you......After the holidays ?
    I was looking at this guys pictures........
    The neo Fannosia , Rose blush, blue barron caught my eye. Which ones were you interested in ? I have a blue tango to share with you if you would like.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~D`Ann~~~~~~~~~

• katkin_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

D'Ann, I would love a blue tango! So please do come, I have several sun full brom's I can share with you along with lots of other plants. :)

Kate, I still have the red powder puff seedling for you too. I will take your advice and report them. You are right as to who it was.