Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

SadNews

scents_from_heaven
15 years ago

For thioseof you who have not heard my beloved husband of ten years went home to be with the Lord this past Thursday, November 6. It was unexpected but his aneurysm ruptured during a simple surgery to insert a feeding tube. He lost a lot of blood ad died three hours after the surgery. He will be buried tomorrow at Florida National Cemetery with full military honors. He went peacefully and was with him th entire time until the end and gave him permission to go. Now I am facing the wrath of his children whom hw did not wish to learn of his death until after the funeral. They are going to attempt to change the date tomorrow but they can not over rule me. I need closure and I was hospitalized less than a day after his death due to anziety attacks and elevated blood pressure. I was just released from the hospital today and the conversation I had with one of the children tonight has my blood pressure elevated once again and I have to go to the emergency room to have it checked and brought down. They know the funeral is tomorrow and will not keep me but that is the saga of his children. Thanks for all who prayed for him and me also and I appreciate you thoughts, prayers, emails and understanding. Linda

Comments (13)

• msmarion
    15 years ago

Linda, Please know that my thoughts and prayers have been there for you and Lee. Stay strong my friend. Take comfort in your memories of your good times together.
    Marion

• solstice98
    15 years ago

Thoughts and prayers...

It's been a long fight and you have been a good and devoted partner to Lee.

Kate

• beth7happy
    15 years ago

Linda, our thoughts and prayers are with you. In sympathy, Joe and Beth

• wanda662
    15 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you also.

(((HUGS)))

• jupiterplants
    15 years ago

Linda, so sorry for your loss.

This is one of the hardest things to go through.

He loved his children, but YOU are his wife !

I am sure he wants you to be healthy and happy.

Give him what he wants :)

My prayers are with you.

D`Ann

• atreelady
    15 years ago

Linda,

I am so sorry to hear about your husband. May you take comfort in knowing there is one more angel above you.

Judy

• lellie
    15 years ago

Miss Linda...please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Linda ~ I am sorry for your loss. May you feel God's love and peace surrounding you during this difficult time.

FlowerLady

• tony_k_orlando
    15 years ago

Linda,

Positive, comforting thoughts on their way....

Tony

• florah
    15 years ago

Linda,

My sincerest condolences. Lee would want you to lead a healthy life. Take care of youself.

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you for all your5 kind and comassionate words. Lee's burial helped bring closure to me and now it is the unexpected things that bring sadness and tears. They have finally scheduled me for work as of tomorrow and that will help. Once again thank you for the prayers and being there just to listen to me and give me a shoulder to cry on during all of this. Linda

• Irma_StPete
    15 years ago

Linda,
    How are you today? You have always been such a compassionate voice our Garden Web forum. I'm sure it saddens many of us to know you have had such grief and such trying times. Please let us know how you are, and what you need.
    I am thinking of you tonight.
    Irma

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Irma, thank you for the thoughts and your kind words. I am still experiencing anxiety attacks and attempting to plan what my next move is going to be. At the present time I have returned to work and due to the generosity of the servers I worked with at night I have had enough funds to eat and keep going the past several weeks. I am still waiting for the insurance money which is enough to pay the rent for December and pay a few bills and for my annunity payment from Lee to begin. It will not be enough to allow me to stay where I am unless my friend moves in. I am still not physically healed myself and it will take time for me to regain my strength and to heal emotionally. Disney had me work Thanksgiving and that helped as I was too tired to think about things as I worked 10 hours and then turned around and worked 6 hours the following morning. My foot that underwent surgery is very painful today and feels very numb and swollen. I hope it feels better by Monday. I had Thanksgiving with my friend and his mother on Fri ad I also had to stand to cook the turkey and make pies. I am exhausted and am so glad to have my fur babies thanks to Judy's generosity. They are sticking to me like glue and giving lots of love. I still cry off and on but I keep alot of it inside and smile for the world. I am worried about a lot of things but know that God and my angels will take care of me. Christmas is going to be the hardest as that was our time of the year and Disney is where we spent Christmas. I am beginning to cry with the Chistmas decorations, commercials and shows. I have no family to spend Christmas with and I will have eye surgery Christmas week to remove my first cataract. Thanks once again for caring and for everyone else who has been there. Linda