Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scents_from_heaven

The final straw - I can't take anymore!

scents_from_heaven
16 years ago

It is with many tears that I post this. I am sorry for crying on your shoulders but I need to share with someone. My beloved baby and child, Smokey Wiltsey passed away around 11:30 PM last night the 27th/ He came into the computer room where I was and mewed pathetically and then fell over and that was it. He was 12. He was the other love of my life and my husband says he believes he was the main love of my life. My heart is broken and I can not see to type for the tears. I don't know how much more I can take. First my step-son and then my cousin, the news of my goddaughter and now my baby. It is too much for the month of December. I will bury Smokey in the early morning hours in the back flower bed and plant a small tree over him so that he can rest in peace and not be disturbed by human hands for years to come. Thank you for understanding as I know how much each of you treasure your beloved pets and he was my precious kitty. Linda

Comments (13)

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It is now 3:13 AM and I just added Smokey to the flower bed and later today I will begin thinking of what is going over him. I miss him so much and want to do something special to commemorate his life. He was what kept me sane admist all this chaos and now he is gone. Lee doesn't know what to do to comfort me. I just miss him. Linda

• msmarion
    16 years ago

(((Linda))) I am so sorry. It's so hard to loose a furbaby. Know that Smokey is with the angels.
    You have so much on your plate this year. Heres hoping that 2008 will be a better year.
    Marion

• mistiaggie
    16 years ago

I'm sorry about your baby. :(

• wanna_run_faster
    16 years ago

Linda Sweetie, please know my thoughts are with you and I hope that 2008 is a much happier, healthier and prosperous year for you and your family.

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

Linda, I'm sorry to hear this. Here's to hoping that 2008 will be a much better year for you and your family.

• carmiewest
    16 years ago

Linda,

I am sorry to hear you have suffered another loss. Take time to grieve.

Hugs,
    Carmen

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

Linda ~ I also am sorry to hear of the loss of your baby, on top of everything else. May this new year be filled with good things for you.

Below is a little piece that helps to sooth our sore hearts when we lose our pets. We will be reunited some day.

FlowerLady

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

T%hank each of you so very much. Smokey hurt the most because he was my child and I gave him all my love. Thanks for the beautiful poem as it does help to soothe the coul but oh how many animals are going to jump on me when I reach heaven. I will be smothered with love. I can just picture it now. This year will be better and though I would like two kittens one persian and one hemalayan I am go to take in some ordinary kittens also, My husband asked me if we were going to get a new cat (this from a man who never had any indoor cats and does not bond to people but loved Smokey to pieces). I told him I needed $1000 to get my two kittens. He said he guessed we weren't getting one and he looked so disappointed. I am searching the paper today for free kittens and he is going to be surprised. *s* Linda

• olyagrove
    16 years ago

Linda, so sorry to hear about the loss of the kitty..I understand how it feels... :(

Hey, I am fostering a bunch of kittens - four are russian blues/smokeys...if you are ready for another kitten
    http://picasaweb.google.com/OlyaGrove/FosterKittiesDec07

Olya

• scents_from_heaven
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Olya, if you can provide me with further info as regards the kittens, how old, genders, shots, spayed, neutered, colors in detail including eyes, number you have and if from same litter, etc and what cost for the kittens I amy be interested. I looked at the photos but need a little more detail to help me decide. I have to get a new cat as my husband has already asked if we were getting another one and he said he did not want a house full of cates but he knows I want two so they have each other for company and if I want more well, I generally get what I want. *s* Linda

My email is loverofdisney@hotmail.com

• laura1
    16 years ago

Linda, so sorry to read of your loss. I lost my best kitty friend last year. He was my love and I cried and cried and I still can cry when I talk about him. On a more sane level I thought that I was taking this a bit too hard and I expressed that to my husband who is a minister. He told me that I was not only mourning Oz kitty but also all (ALL) the losses in my life. That made some sense to me and it did not deminish the fact that I lost my "most favorite" pussy cat.

I have gotten another cat (actually 2). Mojo is a pretty neat kitten, lots of personality and I know he will be a favorite. But I sometimes remind Mojo and Oz (who must be listening!) that Mojo is NO Oz. Mojo can't steal my heart that easily. It is kind of weird of me but ... what can I say?
    Time heals all wounds.
    My prayers go out to you for all your loses.

• alexis
    16 years ago

I lost my favorite cat, a beautiful female norwegian forest cat November 5, 2004. Samantha, the norwegian forest cat, had to be put to sleep due to a bad seizure and loss of recognition. I still miss her today. I also lost a dart frog/fire walking frog named Rain, May 23, 2007 that I still miss. I buried Samantha at a pet cemetery with a gravestone. I also buried Rain, her best friend, next to her. It is hard losing a favorite animal.

• corar4gw
    16 years ago

Linda, my heart grieves with yours. Two years ago, I buried my miniature poodle Kissie in the garden and marked her place with a pink crape myrtle. Last Christmas, my son & DIL gifted me with a toy poodle, Sassy, who has filled that hole in my heart. You don't forget the pets of the past, but you really need a present pet to hold and cuddle and love. cora

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert