Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
regine_gw

Funny Garden Poems?

regine_Z 10 Fl gw
15 years ago

I just read Flowerlady's beautiful poem and loved it. I am a member of a Garden Club and the chairman of a committee (I'm the only one on the committee!). Before I give my report, I always read a poem related to gardening, so I am always looking for garden poems, preferably humorous ones. The members of the club have told me how much they enjoy them. If anyone has a funny or even serious garden poem, would you share it with me or let me know where I can find it? I think I've been to all the web sites by now and have quite a collection, but I can always use more.

Regina

Comments (8)

• goldenpond
    15 years ago

I only half remember one from my YOUTH and I sure wish someone could help me with it.

There's an Ogre running naked in my bean patch, squishing bean plants with his toes
    Theres an Ogre running naked in my bean patch, how he got there no one Knows.
    Why,Oh Why did he have to pick my bean patch to squish the bean plants with his toes

• solstice98
    15 years ago

A few years ago we had a long thread with lots of garden limericks and poems, mostly written I think by GardenWebbers. I did a quick search and couldn't find it but maybe someone else remembers it and what the Subject line was?

• sooth
    15 years ago

Nine times trine...

There once lived a bug
    Whose name was Kent Ellis
    Everything he grew
    He grew on a trellis

He checked and rechecked
    His beloved trellis garden
    But how slow did it grow
    Now that darned him

An awful slothful way
    Too sluggish for Kent
    Always the same
    With no development

He howled one day;
    A spent little bug who was bugged enough to say:
    Grow ye tendrils
    Twist, twine, vine
    Grow ye the magnitude
    Nine times trine
    Mayhem blew up with inconceivable growthÂÂbent over by weightÂÂand holey smokes! Kent never knew what trine truly meant

His trellis garden grew past mere infinity
    Kent Ellis got punked by divine trinity

ÐÏÏÏн

• regine_Z 10 Fl gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you, Sooth.That is cute and I will add that poem to my stash. Did you write it?

Thank you Goldenpond and Solstice for responding.I googled "ogre running naked" but couldn't find anything. That would have been cute too.

Regina

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    15 years ago

I wrote a few limricks. This is some.

Little bug chewing on my grass
    You certainly have a lot of class,
    Apon a weed you wouldn't feed
    You claim they give you gas.

I once knew a little green lime,
    who wanted to be in a rhyme.
    I told him I would if I possible could,
    so there and I hope you didn't mind.

• sooth
    15 years ago

Regina, yes I wrote it but it sure is a lot revised from the original, and will get revised again because it still needs work. For instance, in my mind, Kent gets squished--not just his wish. Hey, maybe that's what the title of it should be. lol.

Bugs kind of frustrate me...not in a real big way but just enough to make my head wonder about some of them and if I were only smart then I wouldn't get stuck on really dumb issues such as....why do you eat up your food source bug; so, um, anyway, in my mind, that bug Kent was brilliant to grow his own. However, since bugs don't really do that (I mean, bugs meaning Aphids, or scale, etc.), the poem is more a cautionary...(the moral of the story) be careful for what is wished and/or maybe rather how it is wished. You could get squished.

The Limerick by Hopeful In Brevard is ten thousand times better:
    Little bug chewing on my grass
    You certainly have a lot of class,
    Apon a weed you wouldn't feed
    You claim they give you gas.

Straight to the point and a knee slapper! Lol! Bravo!

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    15 years ago

Sooth: I understand your revising your poem over and over. I have a poem on Politicians that I have been tweeking for about 20 years. I think I finally have it. I love your explanation of your creative struggel even if I had to read it over twice LOL. However I suspect I have ADD. Thanks for your kind comment.

• regine_Z 10 Fl gw
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hopeful, I think your bug poem is great!There's another one for my collection. I knew that if I posted here, somebody would come through.
    Thank you everybody!

Regina