Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tony_k_orlando

Vote for MBs Quilt and possibly win a prize

tony_k_orlando
16 years ago

Mary Beth (wifey) has been busy making quilts and has just entered this quilt at an on-line quilting forum that is having a contest where both the quilter AND the voter can when a prize of some sort.

Contest details:

Voting:

Begins December 10, 2007 (10:00:01 A.M. Central Time)

Closes January 11, 2008 (5:00:00 P.M. Central Time)

Winners announced January 15, 2008

If you have the time and are interested in seeing many different quilts and maybe even voting on one SPECIAL one (hint hint) do goto http://www.americanquilter.com/contest/entries.php?page=1&pagesubmit=Go&entry=

MBs quilt is # 1107 and its name is Silver Celebration.

Be sure to tell your friends to check the site and convince them to consider voting for # 1107

You can view a slide show which may not be BEST for viewing by clicking the view button under the quilt picture and to the right.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here to go to the Quilt viewing and voting site

Comments (22)

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Tony, please tell MB that she's got my vote! It's spectacular! I've always admired people who quilt. I can make garments but quilting just baffles me.
    Marion

• beth7happy
    16 years ago

Tony, that quilt is just awesome!! The colors and fabric print choices are wonderful, and the pattern is incredible! It's the perfect 'flower' for our group, isn't it?? (my first thought was flower and butterfly!) MaryBeth will have my vote, for sure, and I have lots of 'quilty' friends and family members to whom I'll share this website! They'll love it, for sure! Thanks for sharing 'wifey's' gift talent with us.

• wanda662
    16 years ago

That is a beautiful quilt Mary Beth! You have my vote for sure!
    I have 2 that my Grandmother made and when my Mother died she had one started and I had my DSL finish it for me.
    They are great herlooms for the family!

• pllove
    16 years ago

That is absolutely gorgeous...I can only imagine the beautiful quilts she makes...so very talented!

• countrynest
    16 years ago

Tony,Wow from both Sylvia and I. Yeap, Mary Beth gets another vote here too.
    Really talented lady you have,Tony. By the way, I heard some nice compliments about you today from my visitors.

Felix

• tony_k_orlando
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks everyone for checking it out, there are soooo many great quilts posted on that site it will be interesting to see how it all goes. I kinda like the fact that there are prizes to be had by both the quilters and the voters. I have never seen it dont this way anywhere else, it makes good sense to me.

And Felix, you must have been serving some potent beverages to get those comments from your guests!

The picturs they posted of your place are great !

Tony

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

Tony,

Tell her she has my vote too! What a "one of a kind". I checked out the site to look at the others. They all look liked they were trying to copy something. Your Wife's work looks so unique and artistic.

Nothing says comfort and security like a homemade quilt.

Cliff

• nova_gw
    16 years ago

Tony, Tell her she has another vote coming from me! What a beautiful quilt! My Grandmother was the quilter in our family and I have always admired people who had the patience and skill to produce such works of art!

nova

• tony_k_orlando
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I have some unexplainable news here......

Evelyn, with her keen eyes noticed this in the voting section rules.

"This Voter Drawing is governed by U.S. law and is subject to all federal, state, and local laws. Void where prohibited, including Florida, New York, and Rhode Island"

I have NO IDEA what this truly means. If I find out I will post something on it.

I am bummed.

Tony

• msmarion
    16 years ago

I voted! I think that we just aren't allowed to collect the prizes.

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    16 years ago

I voted too. It's a beautiful quilt.

• ginibee
    16 years ago

Such a beautiful quilt with an amazing amount of detail. I would never have the patience and really appreciate the work involved.

I voted!!

Ginny

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

I love it !
    But i wasn`t sure how to vote :(

I will look at it again.

• tony_k_orlando
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi D'Ann........

It took me a while to figure it out too, BUT I got it now.

Take a look under the quilt itself and there should be an icon that says something like 'VOTE FOR THIS QUILT'. Select that and then fill out the info and you are complete.

I still dont know anything about the rules of winning in Florida. It bums me out to even think there would be a reason to not include Florida.

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

yikes ! am I a dummy or what !

Thanks Tony :)....I voted :)

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

MAry Beth got my vote too....her quilt was gorgeous....and I checked out the other quilts...they really did not compare :-)

• countrynest
    16 years ago

My vote is in. It truly is the most beautiful. Good luck.
    Felix

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Wether it counts or not, she got my vote!

• lynne_melb
    16 years ago

It's beautiful. I just voted for her, hope it counts.

• katkin_gw
    16 years ago

Mary Beth got my vote too. She does beautiful work. :o)

• carmiewest
    16 years ago

I just voted! Mary Beth's quilt is beautiful.

Carmen

• tropicalfreak
    16 years ago

I voted as well.

Tropicalfreak