Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pllove_gw

Unusual pets,things and friends...

pllove
17 years ago

What are some of the most unusual that you have had and enjoyed, but...like pot bellied pigs,a monkey,reptiles,goat,saltwater tanks...or the gal/friend next door that comes by ever so often and trades plants and chit-chat,then you don't see for eons...and drives by everyday and doesn't even wave.

Comments (6)

• pllove
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I have had and seen many,over the the years.

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

LOL, talking to yourself? I do that too. Sometimes I"ll think a topic is interesting and then guess it gets no bites. Oh well...

Let's see unusual...we have poison dart frogs in our terrarium. We have a 180 gallon reef tank too. That's Chris' not mine! um...oh you should see the large storage tank for water in the garage. It holds the r/o water for the tank, but it's great for hurricanes. No need to buy bottled water!

LOL is that weird?

• pllove
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No honey, that's not strange at all.We had a couple of salt water tanks years ago...water on stand by, mellowing out..and hatching brine shrimp,on the counters... I sure would like to know how you moved that tank..to your new place! We gave ours up when we moved...too much going on. We've never had frogs..must be neat...raising/hatching their food and seeing the frogs in a terrarium....We've had terrariums..with out frogs.

• AmberSky
    17 years ago

We have corn snakes and a whole colony of mice. The mice are fancy, from a gold, long haired dad, and a very gold, satin mom, so we get some that are like silk.

And when I was a kid, we had hermit crabs.

• pllove
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The corn snakes come in so many beautiful colors.And the mice are cute,too. We still have our daughter's ball python...and just lost the last of many of my daughter's dwarf Cambell's hamsters...they were so neat sure did eat a lot and reproduce....and did back flip's...kept you intertained for hours.

• cindeea
    17 years ago

((((((AMBER)))))))) good to see you back m'dear. Corn snakes are cool, but your mice sound awesome! We had a corn snake kinda slither it's way up into our office canopied entrance when I first started working at Bonita Bay Group. People were freaking out, but it was so beautiful and docile. It just cozied itself up under the entrance way one day to get out of the rain. I put a sign by it...."if I scare you move away, but please do not harm me until my 'researcher' learns who I am"-that was me, the researcher...I ran back to my office and googled 'red snake', and there it was. I printed out a number of color photos and the description of the snake, and happily people liked learning about him and left it alone until it moved off.