Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
naplesgardener

suggestions for name change

naplesgardener
15 years ago

For New Years I thought to change my GW name since it's almost a year since we moved from Naples and "Englewood" is TOO long to type.

Any suggestions? On another group my handle is "imagardener" but there's prob. already one of those on GW (duh). Of course I could add a number after it.

It would be a good change, I'm tired of seeing naplesgardener when I'm not anymore.

Comments (14)

• trinigemini
    15 years ago

Is there a particular flower or plant you like? I use the same name on every forum and its not very imaginitive :-)

• solstice98
    15 years ago

I was going to ask if there was a plant you like too.

Here's another thought - rearrange all the letter in your name and see if you can come up with something unique. That's how Michael came up with his name. There's a couple fun websites that will do it for you. I linked one of them below but just search for 'anagram' and some others will come up.

Englewood can be rearranged to:
    Wooden Leg
    Golden Woe
    Loon Wedge

OK, those are all fairly odd, but if you play with your name, city, favorite hobby, etc, I'm sure you can find something that suits you! (Although "Loon Wedge" is pretty unique...)

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Anagrams

• solstice98
    15 years ago

Now I'm thinking of changing my name to "Awoke Toasted" (Eastwood Kate). Ah, a reminder of my college days!

Or maybe "Ragweed Tornadoes" (Eastwood Gardener).

Or "koala rodent" (Orlando Kate).

Or how about "Nerd Talooka" (another Orlando Kate construct)?

Wow, this is a lot more fun than working!!!

Kate (aka Koala Rodent)

Here is a link that might be useful: Andy's Anagrams

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    15 years ago

When I chose Hopeful in brevard it was to mean I had hope of becoming a good gardener. Over the years of being addressed as hopeful I suddenly realized I started to live up to the name and it has actually improved my outlook on life. It has helped me through a few tough challanges in the past two years. On the other hand a negative might lead to liveing down to it, as was recently exhibited on this forum. Pick wisely if it is a descriptive choice.

• solstice98
    15 years ago

So you are saying Nerd Talooka may not be my best choice?!? LOL

• naplesgardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I am enjoying the responses VERY much. Making me smile. I tried the anagram generator but nothing struck me yet as "me".

Hopeful-your approach is probably what I'm thinking of, an attitude, a one second summation. Wow that doesn't sound easy. Maybe try the anagram again...

trini and solstice
    the problem with a specific plant is I go thru phases (bamboo, tomatoes, roses, orchids) who knows what it will be next. I love them all.

thanks everyone for your thoughts. I'm still thinking....

• maureen155
    15 years ago

Too funny, Kate.

Here are some of mine (using my name and Citrus):

minus creature
    mucus retainer
    ruminates ecru

I think I like 'ruminates ecru' the best...

Happy Christmas!

Maureen

• naplesgardener
    Original Author
    15 years ago

How names go wrong: license tag I saw in former neighborhood "fungal". I think she meant "fun gal" but it always seemed creepy to me.

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

naplesgardener ~ There are usually more than one flowerlady on different forums, I add a number at the end of mine for signing in, otherwise I'm FlowerLady in forums and have not run into any of the others. :-)

I like imagardener. So add a number to yours and go from there.

FlowerLady

• hopeful_in_Brevard
    15 years ago

Thanks for the jolly laugh! Soltice, Nerd might not be bad if you think of it as very intelligent, studious and successful like Gates. I can see it now." Fla. soltice has been nominated one of the most successful gardeners on the planet." Fungal is too funny for words. Maureen, clever girl! Guess I will need to have some fun with my name.

• imagardener2
    15 years ago

Recognize me? New name, same me. I left my old identity active with email in case someone sees an old post and wants tomato seeds.
    Thanks for your suggestions.
    "A Wronged Older Gene" and "A Gowned Older Green"=englewoodgardener and just a bit wordy.

Denise
    imagardener2

• FlowerLady6
    15 years ago

Hi Denise ~ I saw your new nic on another thread. Glad adding a number worked for you. imagardener, youragardener, wereallgardeners.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

• solstice98
    15 years ago

Imagardener2 works OK but I'm still a little sorry you didn't pick "loon wedge". LOL Congrats on the new name. It fits you just fine.

Kate

• natives_and_veggies
    15 years ago

Denise,

I think a true gardener must be someone who helps others grow things. And I have tomato plants setting fruit from your tomato seed swap work. So it fits.

Congrats on the new nomenclature.

susannah