Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
longwoodgradms

which Space Coast city is 'nicest'

longwoodgradms
17 years ago

any comment on quality of life/niceness and "look" comparisons between West Melbourne, Palm Bay and Indian Harbour Beach?

which has better homes, schools, stores, etc, less crime, scuzzy areas

Comments (5)

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

We lived on the Melbourne/Palm Bay border across from PB HS for two years and enjoyed it. I always wanted to live either in Indiatlantic or Melbourne Beach or wayyy out in Palm Bay where the lots are large and the undeveloped roads were empty! Honestly, I think they are all pretty good. There is a little not the best area around Eau Gallie, but other than that I don't think I ran into too many bad places. West Melbourne is a cute little place. Palm Bay south of PB Road, and east of Babcock is a little bit older, but quiet and easily accessible to Turkey Creek Sanctuary. There are some newer developments west of 95.

I don't think you can go wrong! Wish we'd of known better than to move south when we moved.

• longwoodgradms
    Original Author
    17 years ago

i heard of a new walmart tho in West Melbourne...made me wonder what the area is like

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

new? there's one in Palm Bay and a Walmart market store (just groceries) on Babcock north of Eber. I was in Melbourne a few months ago and didn't see it.

• beth7happy
    17 years ago

We have lived in Brevard County for almost thirty years! The changes are immense! This whole area is growing like crazy! There are still homes under $200K and then there are those of well over a million! You mentioned three towns, all of which have all of the things you mentioned!!!! Overall, the schools in Brevard are good - we raised our kids here (but we're in Rockledge, just to the north of Melbourne) and both did very well in school and were able to get into colleges of their choice. Personally, given the choice of moving ANYwhere that I have seen yet in my um....let's just say over 50 years, I'd choose to live right here where I live! You really should take a drive up sometime ... however, be fore-warned: there ARE Walmarts in Brevard County! :) Are you thinking of relocating here for work?

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

Oh I'd say another major plus is you get to see the largest loggerhead sea turtle nesting season in North America and I'm pretty sure the world. The Sea Turtle Preservation Society does tours in the summer. I volunteered one summer when I was there. Plus, the beches are clean, relatively not busy ('cept holidays!), and it's just nice!!!! Melbourne is wonderful...but there aren't too much jobs for us there. All those engineering/space stuff and not enough environmental. Plus, those sea turtles just don't pay other than in eggs and turtle tracks!!! lol...

If you want to live in Central Florida Brevard is great. Indian River is nice too because it isn't as fast growing. Sebastian would be quiet with a quick drive to Melbourne or Vero for the mall.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida