Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Spring Swap-a-Que - April 24, 2010

Posted by fawnridge 10A (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 2, 10 at 8:07

Yes it's true, we're having another Swap-a-Que despite what the garden looks like right now. All are welcome and the details are here: Swap-a-Que Info.

I'll send gate passes and directions a week or so before the party. Hope to see you all here!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Spring Swap-a-Que - April 24, 2010

Ricky, is it my computer or is there no send button?
Nancy

o

Nancy - the send button will go live at the end of the first week in April. I started this thread so the swapping can begin.

o

Having trouble starting seeds here. A master gardener/friend suggested I change my potting soil, so going to do that.

Anyhow, I'm starting cuttings of various basils here, and also have a couple of small yellow shrimp plants taking root now, if there's any interest. If there's someone new to Florida, I can bring a nice pineapple plant too, which may fruit this year. Also have a pretty herbacious begonia that roots well, but don't know the name of it.

Randy

o

Have cutting of a variegated Mandeville that blooms a beautiful light lavender and white blossom. This has survived the cold with flying colors. I will list more as I see which herbs will be ready to travel and what else I have. Linda

o

As with most of us, this winter has been hard on my garden. Herbs have done well through the cold though. A quick look and I have these to share:

Curly parsley
Lemon Thyme (pretty variegated)
Oregano

I also have seeds of basil, burgandy basil and borage.
This begonia has done pretty well in the cold without being covered, in fact it is ready to bloom: I believe it's Joe Hayden, I can get maybe three cuttings.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I have 60 roses and can post the list if anyone wants one started. I'll keep looking. I am interesting in landscape begonias, Acalypha hispida (chenille plant) and any old roses (cuttings are fine.)
Nancy

o

Nancy,
I'll try to start a cutting of my chenille plant for you. No guarantees, however. Mine were killed back pretty severely by the cold. They're coming back but might not root really well. We'll see.

Anyone else want:
small jasmine (don't know the name, but mine is a 15-foot tree with babies everywhere, smells lovely.)
small calamondin (a sour orange great for marinades and cute in cocktails)
Joseph's coat (alternathera)
sapodilla seeds
dwarf ponciana seeds
Queen's wreath seeds

o

N&V,
Thanks I'd appreciate the chenille plant or cuttings. Mine flat died no coming back. Is there anything that you are looking for that I might provide?
Nancy

o

If anyone has Boston Fern that's spread to areas you didn't intend it to, I'll take it.

o

The swap is canceled.

o

Oh no, Ricky. Not cancelled. That's too bad. Take care and hope all is well.

Randy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Florida are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here