Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fawnridge69

WANTED: Spring Swap-a-Que - April 24, 2010

fawnridge (Ricky)
14 years ago

Yes it's true, we're having another Swap-a-Que despite what the garden looks like right now. All are welcome and the details are here: Swap-a-Que Info.

I'll send gate passes and directions a week or so before the party. Hope to see you all here!

Comments (10)

• teka2rjleffel
    14 years ago

Ricky, is it my computer or is there no send button?
    Nancy

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nancy - the send button will go live at the end of the first week in April. I started this thread so the swapping can begin.

• Randy Ritchie
    14 years ago

Having trouble starting seeds here. A master gardener/friend suggested I change my potting soil, so going to do that.

Anyhow, I'm starting cuttings of various basils here, and also have a couple of small yellow shrimp plants taking root now, if there's any interest. If there's someone new to Florida, I can bring a nice pineapple plant too, which may fruit this year. Also have a pretty herbacious begonia that roots well, but don't know the name of it.

Randy

• scents_from_heaven
    14 years ago

Have cutting of a variegated Mandeville that blooms a beautiful light lavender and white blossom. This has survived the cold with flying colors. I will list more as I see which herbs will be ready to travel and what else I have. Linda

• teka2rjleffel
    14 years ago

As with most of us, this winter has been hard on my garden. Herbs have done well through the cold though. A quick look and I have these to share:

Curly parsley
    Lemon Thyme (pretty variegated)
    Oregano

I also have seeds of basil, burgandy basil and borage.
    This begonia has done pretty well in the cold without being covered, in fact it is ready to bloom: I believe it's Joe Hayden, I can get maybe three cuttings.

I have 60 roses and can post the list if anyone wants one started. I'll keep looking. I am interesting in landscape begonias, Acalypha hispida (chenille plant) and any old roses (cuttings are fine.)
    Nancy

• natives_and_veggies
    14 years ago

Nancy,
    I'll try to start a cutting of my chenille plant for you. No guarantees, however. Mine were killed back pretty severely by the cold. They're coming back but might not root really well. We'll see.

Anyone else want:
    small jasmine (don't know the name, but mine is a 15-foot tree with babies everywhere, smells lovely.)
    small calamondin (a sour orange great for marinades and cute in cocktails)
    Joseph's coat (alternathera)
    sapodilla seeds
    dwarf ponciana seeds
    Queen's wreath seeds

• teka2rjleffel
    14 years ago

N&V,
    Thanks I'd appreciate the chenille plant or cuttings. Mine flat died no coming back. Is there anything that you are looking for that I might provide?
    Nancy

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

If anyone has Boston Fern that's spread to areas you didn't intend it to, I'll take it.

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    Original Author
    14 years ago

The swap is canceled.

• Randy Ritchie
    14 years ago

Oh no, Ricky. Not cancelled. That's too bad. Take care and hope all is well.

Randy

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler