Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crueltyfre

HAVE: Tampa Swap Want/Have List

crueltyfre
14 years ago

I have lots of Lemon Grass at the moment, already potted up.

And I've started some Plumeria, Epiphyllum Pumilum and Oxpetalum cuttings.

I have some full grown Azaela and Nandina shrubs that I no longer want. You'll have to dig.

As things return from the freeze, I'll post more.

Lori

Comments (76)

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

Keiki, YYT is yours. Makes a beautiful bush, you will love it! If you have any begonias, or ferns, I would love some cuttings. Or, if you have any left over water lily colorado or vanda teres, I would love that. Otherwise, no worries - YYT is yours regardless :)

• rose_hip
    14 years ago

I may have missed something, has there been a date set yet?
    Let us know, would like to attend depending on the date.
    Thanks, Terry.

• saldut
    14 years ago

Well, I finally got my PC back, it's been at the Tech. for over a week and I had 200 messages waiting... I can bring rose cuttings and I read somewhere to wrap them in paper-towels - wet - I have never had any luck rooting them myself but am glad to bring cutings for YOU to root, and will cut them the night before the swap... I am getting lots of DON JUAN also BELINDA's DREAM now they are all covered with buds so should have some cuttings of them..... I went to a meeting in Lakeland of the Central Fla. Heritage Rose Society a week ago Sunday, Dr. Malcolm Manners of Fla. Southern College gave a great presentation of Fertilizers, for roses, also the Ag. Agent for Hillsborough Co. was there and spoke...also another gal from north Fla. with over 900 roses to tend spoke....... they are going to have their next meeting here in St Pete, the second Sunday of the month, at a Member's house... if any of you folks are into roses this is a great group to join, at only $15. per year it is CHEAP, they also have a raffle and I brought home a 3 gal. pot with the Polyantha "The Fairy", own-root, so I will put it into a big pot...... they also had a 'cookie-time' after the meeting and I had some finger-treats that gave me an idea what to bring to the swap-meet, little bites of pastry with whipped-cream filling... delish.. the gal got them at Publix.......how does that sound ?. ..... sally

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

Keiki, since you mentioned water plants...do you by chance have any lotus to trade? I have the yellow lotus (no name)...

• KaraLynn
    14 years ago

Stonecrabber, do you have any bambusa that hasn't already been spoken for? I'd love to have some.

Olyagrove, I'll be bringing some forsythia salvia as well as beach sunflowers.

Kay, how much liriope do you want? We have a bunch that's in need of a new home. I'd love to have one of you purple firespikes.

Keiki, if you still have any variegated crinums unspoken for I'd love to have one.

If I don't have any plants that your interested in I do make glass garden totems. Just let me know what size and color totem you'd prefer. Here's an example.

{{gwi:150529}}

Here's what I'm bring so far.
    native monarda
    native white rain lilies
    forsythia salvia
    1 chickasaw plum tree
    pineapple sage
    cast iron plant if anyone asks for it
    milk & wine crinum
    pagoda - orange flower
    queen's tears brom
    liriope

Wants:
    small water lilies/lorus
    I'm putting in a small pond and need some plants for it.
    anything unusual for either sun or shade

• KaraLynn
    14 years ago

As for food I think I'll bring some cupcakes. Some chocolate and some milk cake ones.

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Terry/Rosehip---April 17 check the reg. Fl Gardening thread for all the info.

Karalynn--I have bamboo if he doesn't. And I'd love a cutting or two of the pagoda. I have a pond with some freeze damaged hyacinth if you're interested. And a couple old books on starting ponds.

Keiki-earmarking a chirita plantlet for you. Also have some freeze damaged orchids I'm giving up on.

Bill-gotcha covered on the epies.

I found some old gardening books I'm going to put out. Also a bunch of terracotta pots.

****Could someone bring some drinks? I'll bring water, ice, cups, and someone else offered soda. I don't know what everyone drinks, but maybe some ice tea or such? You tell me.
    Lori

• stonecrabber
    14 years ago

Karalynn,
    I'll have a bamboo with your name on it.
    Can I get some forsythia salvia and pineapple sage.
    I'd also like to swap some of my crinums for one of
    your milk and wine crinums. I have two different kinds
    'Ellen Bosanquet' and amabile.

Lori,
    I can bring soda and ice tea.

Someone posted they had a million or so plastic pots.
    I'd be interested in a few of those if there not
    spoken for.

• yacheryl
    14 years ago

I need to jump in here.
    Already have a trade with Tom - vine for a plumeria
    keiki, I'd love to trade for a variegated crinium lily.
    I grow flowering and fragrant plants.
    Hopefully I will bring something you'd like to have.
    Who brought the red salvia last year?
    I would sure like another one.
    Can't wait.........cheryl

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

Cheryl, could I get a cutting of that lovely vine you posted a picture for some time ago?

I have a few water plants, I will see what is awake and can be dug out. I do have blue flag iris - but it gets big

If anyone has leftovers bamboo clumping, I would love to trade for that.

Karalynn, can I trade for monarda ? Thank you

I have lot of pink and red sage - reseeds and grows well, if anyone is interested. I really like the plant!

• KaraLynn
    14 years ago

Thanks, Lori. I'll take any bamboo as long as it's clumping. I dream of one day having a bamboo hedge between my neighbors yard and my back garden, not that they're bad neighbors I'd just like a little privacy. I'll bring as many pagoda plants as you'd like, my parents are thinning theirs this year. The pond books would be wonderful. I'll also bring some lemonade and some of the plates, napkins, and such that were leftover from the swap I hosted last year.

Stonecrabber, thanks for the bamboo and I'll be sure to bring all three of the plants you want. What does amabile look like?

Olyagrove, I'll make sure to bring several monardas with me.

Would anyone be interested in a small chaste tree?

• stonecrabber
    14 years ago

Olyagrove,
    I'll bring a bamboo for you.
    I'd like to get some of your begonias please.

karalynn,
    I'm not the most computer literate person, so
    I'm sure how to post a link to a pic. If you do google
    image search for 'crinum amabile' you'll find a pic.
    I also sent you an email about your 'totems'

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

I'd like to get some of your begonias please.

Thank you, and I will start a few begonias for you tomorrow :)

• tomncath
    14 years ago

Haves:

We're going to put in a Butterfly Garden so I have a lot of mature Monkey Grass to remove, see pictures here if you're interested.

Wants:

Lori - I may take some of your azaelas

Kay - I'd like some of your purple fire spike and some candlestick cassia seeds.

Olya - I'd like some Mexican Cosmos if you have some to spare

Stonecrabber - I'd like to buy some stonecrabs! I'll bring a cooler :-)

Kara - I want some Beach Sunflower too

Cheryl - I've got your JM plumies set aside :-)

Tom

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

To, I will have Mexican Cosmos planted up for you. I love the plant - even though it reseeds well, it has never become a nuisance.

More HAVEs:
    I have one (or two) rooted grape cuttings ready go be planted. I ordered the cuttings two years ago from the UC Davis repository and all rooted, and I do not have room for so many :) The cuttings have been rooted last year and ready to be out of the pot. They will need room, full sun, support for the vine, and soil amendment.

I can root Tithonia diversifolia, Giant Mexican Sunflower
    (http://floridagardener.com/pom/tithonia.htm) if anyone is interested

Anyone interested in Giant Walking iris? Neomarica caerulea 'Regina'. I have rooted pups

Does anyone have Black Magic taro bulbs/divisions to share?

Also, looking for pots bigger than 5 gallon. Will gladly trade with a gazillion of 3 gal and smaller pots.
    Also, if anyone wants 3 gal and 1 gal empty pots, please let me know. I have a bunch

• stonecrabber
    14 years ago

Olyagrove,
    I'd like to get a pup or two of the Giant Walking iris Neomarica caerulea 'Regina'.

I have some black magic taro, BUT they haven't resprouted yet
    so they may not have made it through the winter. If they
    sprout I'll bring a couple.

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

Stonecrabber, thank you. Will have the iris for you

Ok, I walked around the garden to see what else I have.
    I have a lot of pink Four O'Clock, both seedlings and tubers.
    http://www.floridata.com/ref/M/mira_jal.cfm
    Plant it as your own risk, as it responds a bit too well to love and care. I have one that never thrived in sandy soil. The one I put in the rose garden had to be moved, as the plant was getting bigger than roses. If you have a good spot where it is not going to compete with other plants, it is a very neat plant - lots of cute pink very fragrant blooms in the afternoon and evening.

I have one plant of Scutellaria (dark blue). I already have it potted up and ready to go. Adorable little plant, the mother plant originally from Lowes/HomeDepot. Grows very well in partial shade (although full sun is recommended, I had to move it to a more sheltered location)

Another interesting plant: Aster carolinianus

From Backyard Fall 2007

Not for every garden. It is a bog plant and likes moist soil. It only blooms once a year, but when it does, it puts up an unbelievable show - bees and butterflies are all over it. I love it (and have plenty of seedlings as it reseeds rather well)
    More info:

And I have this beautiful orange blooming bush, and I just cant remember its name, and do not have any pictures of the blooms. I will keep looking

• keiki
    14 years ago

Olya I can bring the lotus and or water lily. The lotus is momo botan and the water lily is colorado both are some of my favorite plants. The lotus has huge round leaves and pink blooms that stand up about 4' above the water. The lily has leaves that stand up above the water unlike many lilys but not as high as the lotus leaves do. The flower is a lovely peachy pink. FYI I have that aster in a dry spot in my yard and it thrives I think they are less picky than people think.

I am going to try to dig/divide more of the variegated crinium this week for the trade. Will earmark one for Cheryl and Karalynn.

Karalynn if I can bring you a crinium I am interested in your forsythia sage, mine went down this winter and hasn't returned. I am also interested in the monarda.

I will be able to bring a few more things like a black leaved begonia, black elephant ears, and a lady of the night baby.

Does anyone have any rooted old roses that don't get huge?

• keiki
    14 years ago

Karalynn forgot to mention I have parrots feather for your pond if you like.

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

Keiki, thank you so much
    I hate to keep asking you - if you have a lot of parrots feathers or black elephant ears, may I ask for some?

I do have a big keiki of phal pulchra I was ready to mount - if you do not have this species, I will gladly bring it to your. Let me know :)

Here is the mom plant, and you can see two keikis on the bottom. One already attached itself to the totem, but not the other one.Both keikis already bloomed {{gwi:198502}}From Orchids August 2009

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

Keiki, most of my antique roses are big roses. I did start Mutabilis and Louis Philippe (OR, Cramoisi Superieur).

If anyone is interested, I have Old Blush (gets big, but such a care free rose) and just remembered, a smaller one, Natchitoches Noisette.

I also have a cute small rose that I personally like, but it is not the most impressive rose. I think the closest ID to it is Martha's vineyard rose
    http://www.aquamarinestardust.net/images/photos/Martha%27s%20Vineyard.jpg
    The flowers are small and not fragrant, but I love the show it puts up during blooming.

Here is the picture of mine

From Roses Spring 2009

All the roses I mentioned root well for me.

I also have seedlings sweet peppers - and can bring a few with me - by the time of the swap, they will get much bigger (sprouted about a week ago, a whole bunch)

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

****Remember other people are coming that are not on GardenWeb. I invited a gardening friend and a neighbor, others are bringing their friends, relatives and such. So just because no GWer asked for your items, you can still bring them."
    Lori

• scoville
    14 years ago

I have some Rick-Rack cuttings,some Sugarcane,a Pencil Cactus,I can do a cutting of Lifesaver Cactus.For ponds I have lots of native purple Iris,and a native Lilly bulb,kind of like a Spider Lilly.My Mahoi Banana didn't make it Through the weather,so I'm interested in good quality Bananas.I will bring some pepper and tomato seedlings.If anybody would like a specific type of hot pepper variety,check with me and I might have the seeds.I'm in the process of re-potting orchids.I'll bring some bare-root cuttings of these,some named,some un-named.I'm looking for Cuban Mint,if anybody knows where I may obtain it!

• keiki
    14 years ago

Olya it seems like we have what the other wants :0) I would love the phal. The roses look great 2 I had a dissaster in my rose garden last year and need to replace 3. I have mutablis and love it but its a big girl. I would love the natchitoches noisette if its rooted. Also is Louise Phillipe red? I dislike blood red but love some shades.

Scoville I will be bringing some yummy bananas would love to swap for your orchids.

• scoville
    14 years ago

keiki,done deal,karalyn,I'm interested in the Chicksaw Plum.Is it the same as whats called Sandplum?Thanks!

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

Scoville , do you want to trade purple iris for blue flag?

From Backyard Spring 2008

Keiki, no, I have not started natchitoches noisette yet, but I will tonight. If roots, I will bring it.

• olyagrove
    14 years ago

Blanketflower/Gaillardia aristata, anyone? I will bring a few just in case.

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I keep forgetting to tell everyone that I have a solar heated pool that you are invited to use if you'd like. Bring your own towels.

The pool is NOT KID SAFE...it has sharp rocks around the edge and no screen. So no kids please.
    Lori

• KaraLynn
    14 years ago

Keiki, I'll bring some forsythia salvia and monarda for you and would be interested in trying the parrots feather.

Scoville, the chickasaw plum is very similar to the sandplum. I'll mark the one I have down for you.

• stonecrabber
    14 years ago

I'll also be bringing some Mexican sage(salvia leucantha) and I have a couple of turks cap hibiscus if anyone wants them.I've got some Boston ferns that needs a new home.

Keiki,
    Is the lady of the night a Brunfelsia americana?
    If it is I'd like to get that from you,PLEASE.

• scoville
    14 years ago

Olya,sorry,that appears to be the iris I have.I harvested from a ditch near Tampa 10 years ago.Thanks for naming it for me!Karalyn,thank you I used to pick them wild when a youngster.My Mom has a blue ribbon recipe for jelly!
    Stonecrabber,I'll go for the fern,mine has lost it's zest so to speak.False alarm on the Mahoi!The deluge of the past weekend has brought a new sprout!Keiki,I'm still up for your bananas and have a special orchid 4 you.

• keiki
    14 years ago

Stonecrabber yes its brunsfelsia americana, I will put your name on it.

Tom if you are starting a butterfly garden would you like some porterweed? I can pot a few if anyone wants some.

I found some more cool stuff I can bring but think I shall keep it a surprise.

If I am bringing you a water plant please bring something to take it home in. I will be bringing them in a cooler. Also if you are interested in my bananas I will be bringing them bare root dug the evening before. The reason I do this is they will be large and you can pop them right into your yard.

• saldut
    14 years ago

Does anybody have Brugmansia with yellow flower ? I saw a pic on the Forum and looks great, I'd like to try it.... and I'm bringing Blood Leaf, Hens and Chickens, Spyder Plant, Snake Plant, Purple Queen, Oyster Plant, ferns, and rose clippings.. I also have some Borage coming up and spreading and can dig some for you but ask me... let me know what you want.... also I'm bringing sweets from Publix, some 2- bite cupcakes and 2- bite Brownies and different kinds of non-fattening cookies ... also some Home & Garden Magazines, House Beautiful, Better Homes & Gardens, Good Housekeeping, Traditional Home., and more , lots of pretty pictures and garden ideas ..... sally

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sally-I have a brug blooming now that is a yellow/orange. It seems to start yellowy then get more orangy. I was told it was either Dr. Suess or Jean Pasco. I'm leaning towards Dr. Suess. I'll try to get a photo.
    Lori

• saldut
    14 years ago

Thanks Lori, I've never tried a Brug but have an area under a huge Magnolia tree with afternoon sun for abt. 4 hours, but the ground is all roots so anything going there has to be in pots.... I have a huge potted Ginger doing well but almost everything else I had there froze, so I want to get away from trying to have to cover that area when it's cold, and I read that this type of area might suit a brug..... what do you think ? I also have a Gardenia in a large pot there doing well and a big old Azalea, but the rest of the area is waiting ........... thanks, sally

• kgardens
    14 years ago

OK - I hope I read all the posts right.

Olya - I will definitely put your name on a forsythia sage

Karalynn - I will bring you a purple firespike

Stonecrabber - I have 3 gal. and 1 gal. pots I will be bringing lots. They are just black nursery pots.

Tom - I will have a purple firespike for you and the cassia seeds. (I would love your mature liriope if you don't decide to keep it.)

I can use all the mondo/monkey/liriope I can get so all who were planning to bring some, please do! If some other people want some I'll share, but I'm edging all of my beds with it and I can use LOTS.

• billehighacres
    13 years ago

I have a few items to add to what I am bringing to the swap. I don't have a lot of each but do have some rooted and unrooted cuttings as follows: A few very small succulent starts, that I think are Heuffelii, but IÂm not sure what kinds; Aptenia cordifolia - Baby Sun Rose both green and variegated and Swedish Ivy Plectranthus Hybrid 'Mona Lavender'.

• stonecrabber
    13 years ago

Kgardens,
    You mentioned above a ytt and clerodendrum quadriloculare.
    I'm interested both of those. I've posted a few things and
    will be bringing a few other things I haven't posted. Maybe
    we can work a swap?

• olyagrove
    13 years ago

I have one Blue Sage (Eranthemum pulchellum), rooted, growing next to mom-plant.

I can bring a few divisions/rooted shoots of the plant that looks similar to this:
    http://www.viveroseljardin.com/catalog/images/hamelia%20patens2.jpg
    Hamelia Patens
    -- Unfortunately, I cannot find the name of mine. It is a shrubby plant, blooms with orange trumpet looking flowers and is a hummingbird/butterfly attractor. Somewhat sensitive to extreme cold (well, which plant wasnt) - but is back in full strength in the Spring

I will bring a few extras of Blue Giant walking iris and the regular yellow walking iris (great for shadier areas)

Please let me know if anyone is interested in the grapes - I do not want to haul it otherwise. 1 gallon plant, rooted and ready to be planted, but will need something to climb on

Anyone with a pond or bog interested in yellow native cannas? Canna flaccida. I keep it in the pond not only for pretty flowers, but for the plant's ability to act as a biological water filter. Let me know, so I can dig a few out of the pond :)

• kgardens
    13 years ago

stonecrabber - I'll put your name on the clero and YTT. No need for a swap.

• keiki
    13 years ago

Karalynn I was looking at your page (hope you dont mind) - lovely! I love the hose guide!!!!! When you offered the totem was something like that available? Im not much into the glass ones but the ceramic is more my style.

Bill I would like the variegated sweedish ivy if its rooted.

• billehighacres
    13 years ago

I have recently set up a display on my deck using a bunch of antique crocks and pottery that have been in my family for generations. My plan is to fill the larger ones with water, put in a few mosquito fish and add some pond/water plants. To anyone coming to the Swap with these type of plants to share, I would like some to use here.
    Here's a photo:

• KaraLynn
    13 years ago

Olya, I'd love to have somenative yellow canna!

Keiki, I don't mind at all. That ceramic hose guide was an old lamp I found in a junk shop and that was the only time I found one that I could afford to turn into a hose guide. Would tou be interested in a stone one?

• tomncath
    13 years ago

Olya - I'd like to try one of those Carolina Asters, seeds would be okay if you don't want to mess with a plant.

Kay - The liriope is yours but I can't bring it to the swap, it would fill up the whole bed of my truck...we'll have to plan a day to dig it out and take it directly to your house....

Stonecrabber - I'd like to get some claws from you if possible.

Anyone have some Queen's Wreath vine cuttings or seeds? After seeing Anna's post I must have this vine!

Tom

• olyagrove
    13 years ago

Tom, I will bring you aster plants - the mom plant sends out lots of shoots after she is done blooming. And then, when the young pups are done blooming, they too send out pups - so the population grows rather well :)

I have QW vine, but unfortunately, this year, due to the nasty weather, it froze to the ground :( It is finally starting to coming back from the roots and has a long way to go. Anna is , I think, a bit more south of us, so her vine did much better through the winter....

Does anyone know the name of this plant? I forgot! And does anyone have it in other colors? I particularly have been looking for blue, not sure if I will ever find it :)
    {{gwi:764918}}From Backyard Summer 2008

• keiki
    13 years ago

Thanks Karalyn but Ill pass. The ceramic lamp style one would have been at home in my garden. LOL I think we have similar taste.

Tom my queens wreath is blooming its head off right now, I will try to bring you a few cuttings.

Olya that is an iochroma, I have one just like that. It does come in a beautiful burgandy and a lavender.

• keiki
    13 years ago

Is this still on? Its very quite here and I need an address and time please.

• olyagrove
    13 years ago

Keiki plaese email Lori for address. It is still on, I believe :):)

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yes, it's still on. Tomorrow morning. You can start backing into the driveway to drop off stuff anytime after 9. We'll start when everyone's here, probably around 10. DON'T BLOCK DRIVEWAY so others can back up into it, but parking in the street is fine.

Anyone interested in ground cover junipers? My whole front bed by the street needs to go. They just aren't getting enough sun and are getting spindly. You dig.

I'm thinking of putting wedelia in there...it's totally surrounded by concrete so it won't get out of control. So if anyone has some, bring it.

Can't wait to see you all..
    Lori

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm