Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trinigemini

WANTED: Jupiter Farms Swap

trinigemini
14 years ago

Here's the page where the swapping can begin. I just started some seeds of candlebush (Senna Alata), ylang ylang tree and various Four O'clocks (pink, white, yellow).

There is not much else I have to offer, unless you can take cuttings of Hibiscus. I also have some golden dewdrops that I can probably convince hubby to get rid of. Not sure what else is in the yard as most things are now starting to come back.

Comments (133)

• cdbinfl
    13 years ago

Katie, thanks for the Borneo Giant, I'll bring you a Clerondendron Speciossissimum, Glory Bower ( I have several more if anyone wants them). And some of the Pink Dwarf Poinciana seeds (I have plenty). I would love some butterfly weed as well.

Trini, you should have one of the Glory Bower as well if you are trying to fill space, it flowers all summer. I have the Cassia already.

Katkin, I am not sure about the Lucky Nut, looks like it grows into a tree, not really looking for anything like that right now, but you are still welcome to the trellises.

Coffeemom, I would like a brug start if you have
    anything other than the frosty pink one (which I have). I bet you are wanting more pickles? If so, will try to get up to Ft. Pierce to see my Gram to get some if I can.

Cherie

• coffeemom
    13 years ago

Pickles? OMG you read my mind Cherie! I was just going to post and ask.
    I have a variegated brug start. I can also bring you a white cutting.

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Cherie I also have senna alata seeds (candlebush). It grows very quickly.

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Hi, everyone, I have (1) share of pink princess Philodendron if anyone would like it. Ill have more plamts for Tanya's swap.

Michele, would you like me to bring a desert , or bring some bottled water ? Paper plates ?

• msmarion
    13 years ago

Cherie might there be another Gram's begonia? I lost mine during the move last year.

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jupiterplants....we shop at costco and BJs so we have enough cups, plates and utensils...but thank you. For water I was just going to fill up some pitchers with ice and water but feel free to bottled if you prefer or desert would be good if you like. Whatever you want. Just glad you can make it. :-)

• butterflygardener
    13 years ago

I will bring ratatoulle if I can find good eggplants.

I have: clay pots, salvia (native, pink, white, red and coral nymph) milkweed, Conoclinium coelestinum or mist flower, red kalanchoe, serissa foetida, blue spiderwart, native walking yellow iris, native rosemary, a native mint, native water hyssop, african blue basil, everglades tomato,Helianthus debilis=beach sunflower, I will also bring a few garden art items, 2 wire bicycles one will hold a plant the other needs a bracket, odds and ends of garden items.
    Kat

• katkin_gw
    13 years ago

Cheri, how about blue LA iris?

• cdbinfl
    13 years ago

Trini, I have the Senna Alata (lots of them) but thanks for the offer.

Katkin, I would love the LA Iris.

And MsMarion, yes I have plenty of Gram's Begonia, I kept a good size pot of it protected over the winter.

Coffee mom, the Varigated Brug sounds great.

Cherie

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The swap will begin around 10:00. The side gate down by the shed will be open so you all can just drive right in and unload without traveling too far with your goodies.

• natives_and_veggies
    13 years ago

Butterfly gardener - I would love some salvia, any color really. Is there anything on my list you'd like?

• katkin_gw
    13 years ago

Ok Cheri, you got it. :o)

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Nancy - does the rose 'sharifa asma' bloom more than once a year and is it still available?

coffeemom - I'd like sanchezia if still available. Lost mine. What else can I bring you?

I'll bring pasta salad.

Ginny

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Michele , I will bring something sweet. Also wanted you to know that my husband Steve will be there.

Green acres girl I will have " bean" veggie seeds for you.
    Ginny , I will have coleus , and an attempted start at some candy corn ( Hope it roots )
    Cherie and Veronika I will have the Philodendron pink princes for you.

Michele tell your hubby that now that you guys are in the neighborhood we will hooking you guys up with plants :)

Looking forward to seeing everybody.... its been a long cold winter. I thought we were living in Jacksonville !

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Jupiterplants....my DH will be happy to have another male in attendance :-)

• butterflygardener
    13 years ago

natives_and_veggies I am bringing lots of native salvia in various colors you may take your pick. I would like to see your succulent plants and/or lifesaver if you have any left.

Nancy- I will bring you some worms

Cherie- I have some butterfly plants if you are still interested

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

butterfly gardener...if natives is out of lifesaver plant do not worry....I have one that I can give you a piece of. The flower is burgundy. I also have a small succulent collection. I can give you some leaves...you just stick in soil and it grows the plants. Its how mine started.

• katieauthier
    13 years ago

Ginny,
    I saw on the treasure coast swap you had Fatsia Japonica do you still have any? I tried to grow that from seed an no luck. I have a baby Andenium 'focus' to trade?

Katie

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Katie, I do have another and will put your name on it. Would love the ademium.

Ginny

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It looks like we will be around 20 or so on Sunday. Can't wait to see everyone. Call me if you need anything.

• butterflygardener
    13 years ago

trinigemini- thanks!
    Does anyone like ratatoulle? I haven't heard if that is okay to bring?
    Kat

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Kat....I've never had it before but it sounds good. Unless someone else has an objection I say go for it.

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

It is very good stuff..........

• teka2rjleffel
    13 years ago

Ginny, yes Sharifa Asma blooms off and on and has a glorious scent. I'll put your name on it.
    Kat, thanks I am so excited about the worms. My hubby thinks I've lost it. Maybe not for the first time.

Does anyone have Castor Bean seed? Also any plant with purple blooms that hold up well as cut flowers?
    Thanks
    Nancy

• cdbinfl
    13 years ago

I have to apologize to coffeemom and Trini, looks like I will not be able to get up to Ft. Pierce to get the pickles and apple butter before the swap. I will get some next time I go and live close to Trini, so that won't be a problem.

Coffeemom, where do you live? If I can figure out a way to get it to you, I will do that.

Cherie

• shellfreak
    13 years ago

Ladies:

I've been out of the loop for awhile. Can't make this swap but I enjoyed the last one at Cherie's.

Trini- hope you have a great swap. How do you like being a lawyer? Our office is so busy right now fighting the evil insurance companies ;)

Beverly

• cdbinfl
    13 years ago

Kat, I would love some butterfly plants if it is not too late to let you know. I have a nice Begonia you can have first shot at if you don't already have it. I don't know the name of it but maybe someone else will.

Cherie

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Cherie,

No apologies needed. I should have asked you much sooner. Besides this way you have to come by again :-)

Beverly, Thanks for asking. I like being a lawyer, although now I am unemployed. My boss decided she wanted to hire one of her friends and she can not afford both of us. She still refers some of her cases to me but not enough to start my own firm. So now I am job hunting.

• cdbinfl
    13 years ago

Anyone know how to separate the pups from the mother Crinum Lily? I just tried the first (and nicest one) and broke it! Plenty more, but have to figure out how.

Cherie

• greenacresgirl
    13 years ago

While you guys are answering Cherie I could use a little advice on separating banana pups while keeping the mother in place?

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Nancy, thank you. The only thing purple I have that can be considered for a cut flower is purple firespike or Mexican sage. Interested in either of those?

Ginny

• katkin_gw
    13 years ago

To separate pups of any kind you need to drive a shovel between the mother and the pup. Sometimes a saw or knife works well to start the wedge. The bigger the plant the more force it takes to wedge the shovel between the two. Hope this helps some. :o)

• ginibee
    13 years ago

stuartwanda - I know this is at the last minute, but would you have another start of the jewel orchid? Mine went to mush. If you don't see anything on my list you want, would you be interested in Nematanthus 'Black Gold' "Gold Fish Plant"? It's just a small cutting start.

I changed from pasta salad to picnic beans as I didn't see anyone bringing those. Hope that is ok?

Ginny

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Michele,

I just found out that one of my girlfriend who normally works weekends has tomorrow off.

Is it alright for me to invite her ? Her name is Rita and she lives here in the farms.
    Thanks,
    D`Ann

• teka2rjleffel
    13 years ago

Ginny, Mexican sage is pretty. I'd love one if you can spare it.
    I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
    Nancy

• natives_and_veggies
    13 years ago

Butterflygardener - great. I've got plenty of lifesaver and I'll bring a couple other succulents I've got. They may not be rooted yet, but as Michelle said, they're easy.
    Susannah

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Nancy, I'll pot you the Mex. sage.

Looking forward to seeing all tomorrow.

Ginny

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

D'Ann of course you can invite your friend. The more the merrier, plus I get to meet another neighbor. :-)

Ginny...if wanda can't spare another piece of the jewel orchid I believe I can give you a small piece. One of the few treasures I insisted on bringing with me from Miami :-) I believe I got it from D'Ann.

• natives_and_veggies
    13 years ago

Been out pruning, so I have some cuttings if anyone is interested in:

firebush (this was sold to me as a dwarf, I've since learned that means small leaves, not small plant - plant gets very large. And it's hardy in all weather and makes bees and butterflies happy.)
    dwarf mulberry - they're super sweet.
    weeping croton

And one of my succulents has a bud on it that looks suspiciously like lifesaver plant - I've never seen it bloom, but it's a neat plant, so I'll bring extras of them since succulents that bloom are so cool, IMO.

I think that's pretty much all I have.

And I'll bring chips and dips and a bottle of white.

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Michelle, how sweet of you and thank you.

Ginny

• stuartwanda
    13 years ago

Ginny, glad I checked in here tonight. A piece of jewel orchid broke off so I'll bring that for you.
    See everyone tomorrow!

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Thanks Michele I just sent her your address.

I have been ( speed reading) the postings. And I haven`t been doing a good job !

I have plenty of jewel orchid . Ginny I will bring you some.

Who else would like some ?

I hope no one minds....... I bought one of Publix's Lemon cream cakes. I LOVE them , Steve HATES them.

And I never buy them because I will eat the whole thing. LOL !

• natives_and_veggies
    13 years ago

jupiterplants - I'll take a jewel orchid. Anything on my list you like?

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Natives , how about the mini mulberry :)

The jewel orchid will be a cutting.... but they are easy to root.

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Natives I'll take mulberry and firebush cuttings if you have enough.

D'Ann you have to show me how to get the jewel orchid to root and where to cut it. Mine is blooming but I want to use it under the pergola as groundcover.

• msmarion
    13 years ago

D'Ann I'd love another piece of jewel orchid. They were doing so well, I gave some to Wanda. Now not so much! LOL

• coffeemom
    13 years ago

I'm bringing Starfruit spice bread. I used frozen carambola and it's not as sweet. Try it, you'll like it!

I'll prob see y'all around 11 because I always leave late.

• butterflygardener
    13 years ago

The car is packed! I don't think I have room for a chair! I will try.
    I have lots of salvia that I am bringing!
    I am very excited about tomorrow!
    Kat

• natives_and_veggies
    13 years ago

jupiterplants and Michelle - I'm bringing lots of mulberry cuttings. Don't worry, enough for everyone. The cutting I got at the last swap was too big for my pot, so I broke it in two and rooted both of them, and then had a left over green branch and stuck it in a glass of water and it not only rooted but flowered and fruited in my kitchen windowsill. No idea who polinated it, but my kitchen gets kind of wild. Fruits couldn't survive in the windowsill, but I've got plenty of cuttings and as far as I can tell, the smallest piece of this will root.
    See y'all tomorrow. I'll be a little late because I've got a two-hour drive. But I'll be there, with a salsa I just made with tomatoes from the yard.

• greenacresgirl
    13 years ago

Since Natives is bringing red salsa should I just bring the green/verde and the chips?

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH