Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Jupiter Farms Swap

Posted by trinigemini 10- Jupiter (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 30, 10 at 15:54

Here's the page where the swapping can begin. I just started some seeds of candlebush (Senna Alata), ylang ylang tree and various Four O'clocks (pink, white, yellow).

There is not much else I have to offer, unless you can take cuttings of Hibiscus. I also have some golden dewdrops that I can probably convince hubby to get rid of. Not sure what else is in the yard as most things are now starting to come back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Jupiter Farms Swap

I have what I used to think of as a "Hong Kong Orchid Tree" But I guess it is just a common one. The single sapling is about 3 feet high at the moment.

I also have plenty of coral nymph salvia as well as the reddish one and the white one that we all pass around.

Will also have various herbs.

Don't really need anything, but if anyone has any african blue basil to spare, I will take one. And can always use any of the less common butterfly plants.

Michelle

p.s. can bring the usual red and green salsas as well as chips.

o

I should also have quite a few seedlings of amaranth "love lies bleeding" which is a very cool plant

o

Michelle, could you save me a "love lies bleeding" ? It reminds me of the song "Hemmorage" What can I say?
Do you need giant milkweed?

o

Giant milkweed sounds awesome. I will save you a few "Hemmorages."

Thanks

o

I think I'll have some Chaya. Also Plumeria, let me know,which one Red or white.
I'll have to get with MsMarion for propagating the Jewel Orchid. If anyone wants some of that?
Sure looking foward to this swap.
Let me know if you need any food to help out?

o

• Posted by katkin 9b/10a PSL,Fl (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 1, 10 at 7:14

I'd like a love lies bleeding too, do you want a yellow milkweed seedling, Michelle?

o

The garden got pretty ravaged by the cold so I'm not sure what I have to swap. But I'd like to come. I'll look around.
Nancy

o

Katkin,

Will put you down for love lies bleeding. I already have yellow milkweed, so thanks anyway.

Michelle

o

I'll post a little later what I have to offer. Just today I see things popping up that I thought were dead.

Cherie

o

Hubby will be grilling hamburgers and hot dogs....if there are a lot of vegetarians we can also do some veggie burgers.

o

I have monstera, red firespike, purple firespike, everglades tomatoes,sanchezia, yellow walking iris, 1 apostle iris start, mexican sunflower,Nite blooming cactus, paddle type thornless cactus, begonia-type aralia, & assorted bromeliads. I have rooted cuttings of Fruit cocktail shrimp, red shrimp, 2 dragon fruit ready to climb up your wall and Brug starts.

I have stuff for Kat. A calathea for D'ann. Giant milkweed for Green acres Michelle

o

Fri, Apr 2, 10 at 9:20

Michelle, thank you, would you like some apple mint or a clerodendrum bridle veil?

o

I will take some apple mint, thanks. : )

o

GreenAcresGirl-I would like the love lies bleeding if there is one left---
I can start some African blue basil.
Kristi- is that giant milkweed the lavender one? I would like that.
I will take inventory and post my "haves" soon.
Kat

o

kat,
As long as nothing goes wrong there should be plenty. I have about 20 healthy seedlings and plan to plant 8 of them.

The one I have growing now is really cool. I didnt stake it though so it fell over, but it still flowers like crazy and looks interesting.

Michelle

o

okay greenacresgirl , now I want to give it a try. :) I think I have some veggie seeds you may want. I will put together a list.

o

I'll have:
Red firecracker
wart ferns
century plant pups
calamondin seedlings
jasmine seedlings
small rooted Joseph's coat ground cover
a small rooted croton that's kind of unusual, it's leaves are mitten shaped, light green with yellow speckles

I can also take cuttings and start rooting another unusual croton which has long slender green and yellow leaves that droop over in kind of a weeping habit, if anyone wants one.

And I should have Queen's Wreath seeds by then. Plus some dwarf ponciana seeds.

Sadly, that's about all my yard has to offer this year. Tough year for the yard.

Susannah

o

I have roses. Please give them a good home someone.
These are on fortuniana rootstock:
Belinda's Dream
Burgundy Iceberg
Moondance
St. Patrick
Lady E' Owen, Mini Flora Standard
These are not on fortuniana, most own root:
Folklore
Lime Sublime
Molineux
New Zealand
Sharifa Asma
Tamora
Valentine
Winter Sunset
Nancy

o

Nancy I would love the folklore and the burgundy iceberg. Is there anything I can offer you?

o

Susannah, I have nite blooming cactus for you.

o

Wonderful Kristi! I'm excited! I need something that blooms at night. I wish I had a wall for the dragon fruit. Wonder if it would grow up into an areca palm. I've got a huge one. I'm afraid my plastic shed would frustrate its little suckers.
The Joseph's coat I'm offering is yours, and one of my fave plants. I had rooted it to put more of it out front, but I've got plenty to do that later. It's just gorgeous pink this time of year and it's the only thing I've got that can squeeze out spanish needle.

o

Jupiter, You got it.

Nancy do you have a rose that would be good for my elderly Aunt who does not spray?

Michelle

o

Trini, I will put you down for those roses. The only thing at the moment that I'm looking for are landscape begonias.
Michelle,
Belinda's Dream is a no spray consistantly lovely rose, but she gets fairly large 5'x5'(the only reason she is leaving my garden). Will that work for your aunt?
Nancy

o

Actually Belindas dream would be perfect, I should have realized that.

What can I give you? I am no good at propagating roses, but maybe some cuttings? I have Mrs. Dudley Cross and old blush, plus a ton of moderns that probably should be on fortuniana.

If you are interested in any veggies or herbs, I could start something for you?

I also have tons of four o'clocks, various salvias etc.

Michelle

o

Does anyone need nursery pots? I've got all sizes.

o

Michelle,
I'll put you down for Belinda's Dream.
Nancy

o

Hi All,
I am going to try to make this garden warming but need to look around, so far I can offer

Yellow crown of thorns
Kings mantle - white
Croton cutting (will try to root) Mother/daughter and others
Native Coral bean cuttings
1 gal. aloe (lol)
jasmine (ground cover) forgot name

More later but getting ahead of myself as always, i'am interested in

Stuartwanda - red plumie and jewel orchid
Coffeemom - aralia and sanchezia
Katkin - your bridal veil I have the red one like bleeding heart did I give you any of that?
Native an Veggies your wart fern, would you like coral bean cuttings?
Teka - I would love your moondance rose

Let me know what you all might be looking for and I will try to find some.

Katie

o

greenacresgirl , thank you for the loves lies bleeding. I have never seen this plant before.

I have some veggie seeds for you. Both hybrid and heirloom. Do you have something in particular that you like ? I have some unusual beans, watermelon, an such.

I tried to email you privately but I see that you didn`t create the option. So feel fee to email me , and I will send you some info on what I am growing.

Other than that , I may have some coleus started. My bromeliads , Aroids , orchids,crotons, and just about all my tropical bushes took a big hit.
We need a swap in July :)

o

ZooKatie,

I'll be sure to get those together for you.

o

stuartwanda - thank you didn't know what a jewel orchid was but was sure i wanted one, it's beautiful, what can i bring you:)

katie

o

Katie, I'll bring you Moondance. I'd really like your White King's Mantle
Nancy

o

I've sent out emails to all of you with my address. If you did not get an email from me it means it did not go through or I did not have your email address. In that case please email me so that I can give you the information.

o

Tue, Apr 20, 10 at 14:29

ZooKatie,the clero bridal veil is a shrub, like all cleros, it suckers a bit. Has pretty white flowers.

o

Michele, I know your having hamberger and hot dogs, would you like for me to bring Lettuce, tomatoes and onions?
Katie, I'm not looking for anything but you always bring enough for everyone. I'll find something in you stach.

o

Wanda that sounds perfect. DH does food, I didn't even think of it :-)

o

I'll bring a potato salad. Yes, Butterfly Gardener I'll bring some cookies too! LOL

o

I will bring my standard swap dish, a romaine/roasted walnut, roasted red pepper and gorgonzola salad.
Nancy

o

Anyone have any interest in having Taco Salad again? Also found a few more things

Seedlings:
Longam
Canna indica
Green ginger
Common milkweed
2 Adenium "focus"
2 Robert Kemp cannas
Brunsfelsia americania
pink firespike

Cuttings:
Mangosteen
Calsuia

I also have some spiral peach ginger I can dig up, Sansiveria 'ehrenbergii', 'lettuce fern', some NOID rooted plumies no idea what color though, also lots of dwarf papyrus and a few Alocasia 'bornero giant'

Katie

o

Katie,

I am very much interested in the adenium. What kinds of things are you looking for?

Also what is calsuia?

Michelle

o

Wed, Apr 21, 10 at 18:51

Katie, I'd like some of the sansiveria ehrenbergii, did you want the clero bridal veil?

o

Zoo-katie, taco salad sounds yummy. As a matter of fact everything sounds yummy.

o

Thu, Apr 22, 10 at 7:14

Katie, I'd like to swap for the adenium focus as well as the sansiveria.

o

Michelle -
an Adenium for you the Calsuia is my bad spelling for Calusia (autograph or pitch apple tree lol)
If you have any cool natives for butterflys that would be great.

Katkin -
the Adenium and Sansiveria for you I would love the Clero.

The Adeniums are grown from seed so they may not come true to the mother plant this dosen't really bother me but just so you know.

Katie

o

Hi all, I'm a little late signing in, but I would love to come to the swap. In fact, I'll be coming with Kathy (katkin). Here is a list of some things I have to bring and at least 2 trades each:

Alocasia gagaena California
Colocasias 'coal miner' and 'teacups'
Porphyrocoma pohliana 'Brazilian Fireworks'(shade plant)
Eucrosia bicolor 'Peruvian Lily' (These are potted bulbs)
Amaryllis bulbs - not sure of names or which I will bring as a lot haven't bloomed yet and I've moved bulbs all around.
Aptenia Cordifolia - baby sun rose ice plant - yellow or red (cuttings)
Seedlings for the butterfly garden:
Hibiscus acetosella - false roselle. Leaves could be green or red and blooms could be med. pink, dark pink and dark red. I had all.
Cosmos - tall orange
Guara - red or green leaves and pink or white blooms. Can't tell what color as not blooming yet.

All of the above will be 1 gal. or smaller as don't want to take up too much room.

Will only bring the following if spoken for. Both vines are very beautiful, but can send suckers or seeds:

Thunbergia fragrans - white clock vine - seeds freely
Cleodendrum splendens 'flaming glorybower' Solid red blooms in fall and winter. Hummers love it! Suckers.

Looking for:

Acalypha hispida - red cattail chenille plant shrub. Lost mine to freeze and no sign of life. Would love a cutting.
Solanum seaforthianum or Solanum jasminoides - blue or white potato vine. I lost my blue one and love that little vine.
Desert rose - any except the common one. I had it planted in the ground and it is sending a new leaf. The others went to mush.

Looking forward to seeing you all at the swap.
I'll bring a dish, but don't know what yet. lol.

Ginny

o

Thu, Apr 22, 10 at 19:56

Katie, thanks, would you also like a thevetia, common name lucky nut? It's pale yellow. :o)

o

Hi Ginny, it will be great to see you! I would love any amaryliss bulbs you care to part with. The Lady Jane you gave me a few swaps ago has recently bloomed. WOW!
I have 2 red acalyphas. I'll check and see if it's what you're looking for.

o

Coffeemom - Looking forward to seeing you and putting your name on a couple of amaryllis
bulbs. Glad 'lady Jane' bloomed for you. She's a fav
of mine. The bromie I got from you is starting to really color up too.
natives and veggies - I would love a wart fern if you
have one left. See anything on my list or what are you
looking for?
Katie - I would love a yellow crown of thorns if not spoken for. See anything on my list?

Ginny

o
RE: WANTED: Jupiter Farms Swap .......

Michelle, thank you for having the garden warming/swap and I want to bring something to warm your garden. What kind of plants are you looking for to plant at your new home? I have lots of plants and would love to bring something you would like.

Ginny

o

Ginny...you are so sweet...it is my pleasure to finally be able to host a get together for all the great people I have met on this site. I have experienced such great hospitality from so many GWer's I'm happy to finally be able to have everyone over to my place :-)

I am not really looking for anything in particular and am really easy to please :-) DH and I have been working mainly on the hardscape (I had 22 tons of rocks delivered last week and I am hoping they are all in place for the swap) and taking it slow. (learned from GW of course). However, the two areas I am really concentrating on at this time are under the pergola which is bright/med shade (my favorite area) and over the leech field which is full sun and is currently a sand pit. We plan on putting flowers on the leech field (things with small roots like bromeliads and salvia for ex. that won't invade the septic system). We like many edibles (herbs, fruits, some veggies). I also like anything that attracts butterflies and hummingbirds anything fragrant or colorful. I told you we were easy to please :-)

o

Kathy - I would love the Thevetia :)

Ginny - How many yellow C.O.T.s would you like I have lots? I would love the Brazilian Fireworks and any Amaryllis you can spare.

Katie

o

Katie, I am interested in one of your cannas and the firespike.
I have a couple of these started. I believe it's Begonia Joe Haden. It had a spectacular bloom this year.
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Nancy

o

Zoo-Katie and Ginnibee - Wart ferns it is. I have about 20 coming up in the back. I'll pull them the morning of the swap and rig up some wet paper towels to keep them moist. There are a bunch of babies popping up right now, which I'll also grab because they may be the easiest to transplant.
Katie, I'd love the brunsfelsia and Ginny, any amarylis bulbs would be great. I'm planning to put in more amarylis in an area that has only one - she looks lonely.

I also have a lifesaver plant if anyone wants babies, plus a couple other cactus-succulent-rock gardeny plants that I'll bring.

Michelle, want to try some hyacinth bean? It's got really pretty purple leaves, flowers and beans. The beans are edible and the flowers attract butterflies. I've got some seeds. Someone on another thread suggested it as a cover crop over the summer. I'm not sure how it will do over the summer here, but might make it up where you are.

Looking forward to it!
Susannah

o

Michelle - I'll bring something for your shade area.
Katie - I think one yellow COT will do. I'll bring B fireworks and amaryllis
Natives & veggies - Thanks for wart ferns and I would love a lifesave start if you have enough. Amaryllis for you.
Nancy - I believe I have Joe Hayden and love that one. Do you have 'black velvet'? I could start you a piece as I know you are looking for ground begonias.

All of the Amaryllis are now spoken for.

I'm also looking for begonia 'caribbean corsair' if anyone has a small start. I have other begonias can trade.

Ginny

o

Fri, Apr 23, 10 at 14:40

Trini, you said you wanted herbs, so I potted you up a few this morning to say thank you for having the swap. :o) Apple mint, oregano, tarragon and celantro.

o

Susannah the hyacinth bean vine should do fine by you. I used to grow it when I was in Miami. I did not know you could eat it though. I loved the flowers. If you have extra I would not mind planting it again but you should definitely try it too.

Katkin while it is totally unneccessary, the herbs sound wonderful thank you.

ginny...thanks again...I can't wait to see my surprise :-)

o

Anyone need more of that voodoo lily/stinky flower plant? (over the leech field?)
How about day blooming jasmine? spider lilies?
Ginny I have a dwarf chenille in a pot-interested? I have red leaf acalyphas if you want,but no chenille bushes.

o

Coffeemom, I will try the voodoo lily...sounds perfect for the leech field :-) I'd also like spider lily if you have enough.

o

I got the name wrong. I mean the stinky star thing that smells awful and attracts flies. What's it called????

Will bring spider lilies. That one I know.

o

I think you mean starfish or carrion plant. I have that one already. It looks really cool. Mine is getting a bit red and kind of looks like medusas hair :-)

o

Kristi - Thanks for the dwarf chenille plant as I love that one too. I had that one before, but not now. However, I do have the red leaf acalypha coming back from the roots. I guess some are hardier than others.

o

Sat, Apr 24, 10 at 7:28

Coffeemom, do you have any more of the yellow stem EE? I lost it in the cold.

o

Ginny,
I missed you request for chenille. Mine has come back enough to take cuttings, and I think I have a few small plants. I'll try to gently dig one and pot it up for you.
And good to know Michelle. I have had them for a couple years now in the winter, but wasn't sure how they'd do in the summer. I'll definitely bring you some seeds.
Susannah

o

Hi All
In the beginning I was kind of like I don't have anything we all suffered but this is turning out to be wow everyone really has lots of great stuff :)

Nancy - Canna and Firespike for you forgot which was which so you have to take a red and a pink ok?

Susannah - a Brunsfelsia is set aside for you I will bring a rooted cutting an cut a bigger branch for u to try as well

Katie

o

natives - thanks for the chenille. It's very hard to find the shrub, but it is so impressive when in bloom.

o

No problem, I potted up a baby. I'm not sure why it had a baby, I've never had it self-seed before, but this was a separate plant from the mother, with its own roots and just the beginnings of blooms. It's not real big, but if it's anything like it's mother, it'll grow fast. It is one of my favorites for color and hardiness.

o

Katkin, my yellow EE died back in the winter and I'm still waiting for it's return.

o

Sun, Apr 25, 10 at 4:10

Coffeemom, ok thanks anyway, maybe mine just died back too. ;o)

o

I've been getting plants together for the swap and came across these for the shade groundcover if anyone is interested:

Houseplant spider lilies - green with white margins. Looks like a little low growing variegated flax lily. Love these for heavy shade.
Violets - purple/white

o

Sorry i am so late at posting, here is what I have to bring:
1 Mrs. Icetone Croton
Alpinia Formosa Pinstripe Ginger - for Veronika if she makes it
Crinum Lily Queen Emma pups - have several
Clerondendron Speciossissimum, Glory Bower - Orange Flowers - several
Justicia Spicigera Sidicara - Orange Flower
Jatropha Mulitfidia - Coral Tree seedlings
Tipuana Tree - 4' tall
Suriname Cherry seedlings
1 small pink flower Anthurium
2 Trellis
Pink Dwarf Poinciana seeds

Tons of baby Areca palms if anyone wants them

Katie, if you still have it, I would love a Borneo Giant, mine froze and turned to mush.

As for food, i will plan on a desert unless there is something else you know you are short on.

Cherie

o

Cherie,
I'd love any crinum pups. Do you see anything on my list you like?
Susannah

o

Everyone....if you did not get an email from me with my address please email me so that I can send to you.

Cherie...I would like the Justicia Spicigera Sidicara if you have enough...I got a cutting from Treefrog but the gardeners whacked it down.

I have alot of very big (5-6 feet tall) cassia trees. They are seeds that sprouted underneath my tree and were neglected. I was going to cut them all down. But if there is interest I will try to uproot them instead.

o
RE: WANTED: Forgot

Cherie I forgot....dessert sounds good, thank you. :)

o

Mon, Apr 26, 10 at 7:47

Cherie, I'd like the both trellises, I have a ginger, green mountain. It's 3 feet tall, with a burgandy underside on the leaves with a greenish flower. And a pink firespike. Interested?

o

Would anyone happen to have a cutting of Ruttyruspolia, which I call pink Ruttya or even the yellow/orange ruttya? This is another plant I love, but never see for sell. I lost mine to the hurricanes in 04 and haven't found it again.

Ginny

o

Ginny, I'd love a Black Velvet. I've been admiring that one.
Katie the firespike and canna in those colors sound great thanks.
Cherie, one of my Mrs. Iceton crotons is looking really sad I'd love yours if it is still available. Is there anything on your wish list?
Nancy

o

Michele, what kind of cassia?

o

Nancy - 'black velvet' has your name on it.

Do you by chance have a cutting of Joe Hayden? I thought I had that one, but it's different - has the dark fingered leaves and the pink blooms are on a stiff stalk. I'll try to post a picture. Do you or anyone know the name of this one?

Photobucket

Ginny

o

Mon, Apr 26, 10 at 17:25

Nancy, do you have another Joe Haden begonia? And what can I get for you? :o)

o

Trini, I will bring you the Justicia Spicigera Sidicara

Katkin, I have the Green Mountian (you gave it to me) but I will take the Pink Firespike and something else (?) for the 2 trellises. I'm sure you have something else i would love.

Nancy, I will bring you the Mrs. Icetone

Susannah, I'll bring you some Crinum pups

I am looking for Butterfly Plants, as i am starting a Butterfly garden Area.

Cherie

o

Kristi...I'm not sure but it looks to me like Cassia bicapsularis. I can wait to dig it up when you are here if you are not sure.

Cherie....want a cassia?

DH keeps harassing me to tell you guys that we will take whatever you need to get rid of. So bring it all on over.

I wanted to have the yard perfect for you guys but that is not going to happen. So there are three huge piles of dirt and one huge pile of rocks. When you are here just imagine that the yard looks as nice as under my pergola :-)

Hopefully it won't rain but even if it does we have a big shed in the back that should do nicely for swapping and then we can go back to the house to feast. In other words we will be covered rain or shine :-)

o

Tue, Apr 27, 10 at 6:24

Anybody into vines? I have three that self seeded.

asarina, purple with white center

solid yellow, black eyed susan.

double blue pea vine

o

Updating my list,

Nancy - Cannas, Firespike and Kings mantle

Cherie - Bornero giant I also have lots of the common milkweed if you want some. I would love your Clerodendrum S. and 1 or 2 seeds of the pink poinciana if you have extra.

Katie

o

Tue, Apr 27, 10 at 12:30

Cheri, ok on the pink firespike, how about a yellow lucky nut?

o

Katie, thanks for the Borneo Giant, I'll bring you a Clerondendron Speciossissimum, Glory Bower ( I have several more if anyone wants them). And some of the Pink Dwarf Poinciana seeds (I have plenty). I would love some butterfly weed as well.

Trini, you should have one of the Glory Bower as well if you are trying to fill space, it flowers all summer. I have the Cassia already.

Katkin, I am not sure about the Lucky Nut, looks like it grows into a tree, not really looking for anything like that right now, but you are still welcome to the trellises.

Coffeemom, I would like a brug start if you have
anything other than the frosty pink one (which I have). I bet you are wanting more pickles? If so, will try to get up to Ft. Pierce to see my Gram to get some if I can.

Cherie

o

Pickles? OMG you read my mind Cherie! I was just going to post and ask.
I have a variegated brug start. I can also bring you a white cutting.

o

Cherie I also have senna alata seeds (candlebush). It grows very quickly.

o

Hi, everyone, I have (1) share of pink princess Philodendron if anyone would like it. Ill have more plamts for Tanya's swap.

Michele, would you like me to bring a desert , or bring some bottled water ? Paper plates ?

o

Cherie might there be another Gram's begonia? I lost mine during the move last year.

o

Jupiterplants....we shop at costco and BJs so we have enough cups, plates and utensils...but thank you. For water I was just going to fill up some pitchers with ice and water but feel free to bottled if you prefer or desert would be good if you like. Whatever you want. Just glad you can make it. :-)

o

I will bring ratatoulle if I can find good eggplants.

I have: clay pots, salvia (native, pink, white, red and coral nymph) milkweed, Conoclinium coelestinum or mist flower, red kalanchoe, serissa foetida, blue spiderwart, native walking yellow iris, native rosemary, a native mint, native water hyssop, african blue basil, everglades tomato,Helianthus debilis=beach sunflower, I will also bring a few garden art items, 2 wire bicycles one will hold a plant the other needs a bracket, odds and ends of garden items.
Kat

o

Wed, Apr 28, 10 at 6:14

Cheri, how about blue LA iris?

o

Trini, I have the Senna Alata (lots of them) but thanks for the offer.

Katkin, I would love the LA Iris.

And MsMarion, yes I have plenty of Gram's Begonia, I kept a good size pot of it protected over the winter.

Coffee mom, the Varigated Brug sounds great.

Cherie

o

The swap will begin around 10:00. The side gate down by the shed will be open so you all can just drive right in and unload without traveling too far with your goodies.

o

Butterfly gardener - I would love some salvia, any color really. Is there anything on my list you'd like?

o

Wed, Apr 28, 10 at 17:26

Ok Cheri, you got it. :o)

o

Nancy - does the rose 'sharifa asma' bloom more than once a year and is it still available?

coffeemom - I'd like sanchezia if still available. Lost mine. What else can I bring you?

I'll bring pasta salad.

Ginny

o

Michele , I will bring something sweet. Also wanted you to know that my husband Steve will be there.

Green acres girl I will have " bean" veggie seeds for you.
Ginny , I will have coleus , and an attempted start at some candy corn ( Hope it roots )
Cherie and Veronika I will have the Philodendron pink princes for you.

Michele tell your hubby that now that you guys are in the neighborhood we will hooking you guys up with plants :)

Looking forward to seeing everybody.... its been a long cold winter. I thought we were living in Jacksonville !

o

Jupiterplants....my DH will be happy to have another male in attendance :-)

o

natives_and_veggies I am bringing lots of native salvia in various colors you may take your pick. I would like to see your succulent plants and/or lifesaver if you have any left.

Nancy- I will bring you some worms

Cherie- I have some butterfly plants if you are still interested

o

butterfly gardener...if natives is out of lifesaver plant do not worry....I have one that I can give you a piece of. The flower is burgundy. I also have a small succulent collection. I can give you some leaves...you just stick in soil and it grows the plants. Its how mine started.

o

Ginny,
I saw on the treasure coast swap you had Fatsia Japonica do you still have any? I tried to grow that from seed an no luck. I have a baby Andenium 'focus' to trade?

Katie

o

Katie, I do have another and will put your name on it. Would love the ademium.

Ginny

o

It looks like we will be around 20 or so on Sunday. Can't wait to see everyone. Call me if you need anything.

o

trinigemini- thanks!
Does anyone like ratatoulle? I haven't heard if that is okay to bring?
Kat

o

Kat....I've never had it before but it sounds good. Unless someone else has an objection I say go for it.

o

It is very good stuff..........

o

Ginny, yes Sharifa Asma blooms off and on and has a glorious scent. I'll put your name on it.
Kat, thanks I am so excited about the worms. My hubby thinks I've lost it. Maybe not for the first time.

Does anyone have Castor Bean seed? Also any plant with purple blooms that hold up well as cut flowers?
Thanks
Nancy

o

I have to apologize to coffeemom and Trini, looks like I will not be able to get up to Ft. Pierce to get the pickles and apple butter before the swap. I will get some next time I go and live close to Trini, so that won't be a problem.

Coffeemom, where do you live? If I can figure out a way to get it to you, I will do that.

Cherie

o

Ladies:

I've been out of the loop for awhile. Can't make this swap but I enjoyed the last one at Cherie's.

Trini- hope you have a great swap. How do you like being a lawyer? Our office is so busy right now fighting the evil insurance companies ;)

Beverly

o

Kat, I would love some butterfly plants if it is not too late to let you know. I have a nice Begonia you can have first shot at if you don't already have it. I don't know the name of it but maybe someone else will.

Cherie

o

Cherie,

No apologies needed. I should have asked you much sooner. Besides this way you have to come by again :-)

Beverly, Thanks for asking. I like being a lawyer, although now I am unemployed. My boss decided she wanted to hire one of her friends and she can not afford both of us. She still refers some of her cases to me but not enough to start my own firm. So now I am job hunting.

o

Anyone know how to separate the pups from the mother Crinum Lily? I just tried the first (and nicest one) and broke it! Plenty more, but have to figure out how.

Cherie

o

While you guys are answering Cherie I could use a little advice on separating banana pups while keeping the mother in place?

o

Nancy, thank you. The only thing purple I have that can be considered for a cut flower is purple firespike or Mexican sage. Interested in either of those?

Ginny

o

Fri, Apr 30, 10 at 19:23

To separate pups of any kind you need to drive a shovel between the mother and the pup. Sometimes a saw or knife works well to start the wedge. The bigger the plant the more force it takes to wedge the shovel between the two. Hope this helps some. :o)

o

stuartwanda - I know this is at the last minute, but would you have another start of the jewel orchid? Mine went to mush. If you don't see anything on my list you want, would you be interested in Nematanthus 'Black Gold' "Gold Fish Plant"? It's just a small cutting start.

I changed from pasta salad to picnic beans as I didn't see anyone bringing those. Hope that is ok?

Ginny

o

Michele,

I just found out that one of my girlfriend who normally works weekends has tomorrow off.

Is it alright for me to invite her ? Her name is Rita and she lives here in the farms.
Thanks,
D`Ann

o

Ginny, Mexican sage is pretty. I'd love one if you can spare it.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.
Nancy

o

Butterflygardener - great. I've got plenty of lifesaver and I'll bring a couple other succulents I've got. They may not be rooted yet, but as Michelle said, they're easy.
Susannah

o

Nancy, I'll pot you the Mex. sage.

Looking forward to seeing all tomorrow.

Ginny

o

D'Ann of course you can invite your friend. The more the merrier, plus I get to meet another neighbor. :-)

Ginny...if wanda can't spare another piece of the jewel orchid I believe I can give you a small piece. One of the few treasures I insisted on bringing with me from Miami :-) I believe I got it from D'Ann.

o

Been out pruning, so I have some cuttings if anyone is interested in:

firebush (this was sold to me as a dwarf, I've since learned that means small leaves, not small plant - plant gets very large. And it's hardy in all weather and makes bees and butterflies happy.)
dwarf mulberry - they're super sweet.
weeping croton

And one of my succulents has a bud on it that looks suspiciously like lifesaver plant - I've never seen it bloom, but it's a neat plant, so I'll bring extras of them since succulents that bloom are so cool, IMO.

I think that's pretty much all I have.

And I'll bring chips and dips and a bottle of white.

o

Michelle, how sweet of you and thank you.

Ginny

o

Ginny, glad I checked in here tonight. A piece of jewel orchid broke off so I'll bring that for you.
See everyone tomorrow!

o

Thanks Michele I just sent her your address.

I have been ( speed reading) the postings. And I haven`t been doing a good job !

I have plenty of jewel orchid . Ginny I will bring you some.

Who else would like some ?

I hope no one minds....... I bought one of Publix's Lemon cream cakes. I LOVE them , Steve HATES them.

And I never buy them because I will eat the whole thing. LOL !

o

jupiterplants - I'll take a jewel orchid. Anything on my list you like?

o

Natives , how about the mini mulberry :)

The jewel orchid will be a cutting.... but they are easy to root.

o

Natives I'll take mulberry and firebush cuttings if you have enough.

D'Ann you have to show me how to get the jewel orchid to root and where to cut it. Mine is blooming but I want to use it under the pergola as groundcover.

o

D'Ann I'd love another piece of jewel orchid. They were doing so well, I gave some to Wanda. Now not so much! LOL

o

I'm bringing Starfruit spice bread. I used frozen carambola and it's not as sweet. Try it, you'll like it!

I'll prob see y'all around 11 because I always leave late.

o

The car is packed! I don't think I have room for a chair! I will try.
I have lots of salvia that I am bringing!
I am very excited about tomorrow!
Kat

o

jupiterplants and Michelle - I'm bringing lots of mulberry cuttings. Don't worry, enough for everyone. The cutting I got at the last swap was too big for my pot, so I broke it in two and rooted both of them, and then had a left over green branch and stuck it in a glass of water and it not only rooted but flowered and fruited in my kitchen windowsill. No idea who polinated it, but my kitchen gets kind of wild. Fruits couldn't survive in the windowsill, but I've got plenty of cuttings and as far as I can tell, the smallest piece of this will root.
See y'all tomorrow. I'll be a little late because I've got a two-hour drive. But I'll be there, with a salsa I just made with tomatoes from the yard.

o

Since Natives is bringing red salsa should I just bring the green/verde and the chips?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Florida are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here