Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trinigemini

WANTED: Jupiter Swap page

trinigemini
13 years ago

Now that we know we are having a swap I figured I would start the list here.

I have Devils backbone (I believe it is Pedilanthus variegatus, the leaves get pink with sun).

Lemon Grass

Dwarf papyrus

So far that looks like all the cold has not touched. Everything else looks a bit tiny or brown right now :-)

Comments (18)

• wanna_run_faster
    13 years ago

Trini, I would love a start of the Devils backbone! I have a nice size Plumeria jamaicensis (in the ground...maybe 5 feet) - it's just in the wrong place and I have another, so if someone wants it I'll dig it up and bring it. I also am planning on cutting back my plumeria pudica if anyone wants some cuttings. I also have a bunch of landscape-type (i.e. big and sharp) bromeliads. And some gingers that need dividing, along with some other plumeria's I'm planning on cutting back. I have a list of ID's of my broms, plumerias & gingers but have long since given up trying to keep track of what's what. I can always provide pictures and the list if you want to try to correct id.

I'll look around tomorrow and see what else I can bring.

If anyone has tithonia diversifolia or alpinia purpurata or hedychium (sp?) I'd love a start...

Helen

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Hi everyone :) I was wondering if anyone has Clerodendron Paniculatum ( Pagoda flower). I know it grows like a weed, but when Scruffy died we planted a very small one over her grave and then we got hit by Decembers frost. Steve loves the plant , and I need to replace it.

I am looking forward to the get together !

D'Ann

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Helen, I actually have tithonia diversifolia. It looks like a big sunflower and the leaves are exactly the same. It seems to be coming back from the freeze, so if I have some you are welcome to a piece.

• ginibee
    13 years ago

D'Ann, I could only see one little plant of the C. paniculatum coming back, but I have C. Speciosissimum (also commonly called pagoda flower)which is one of my favorite hummingbird magnets. I also have C. Splendens (flaming glorybower) which is the solid red, winter blooming vine. If you or anyone else would like either I will bring to the swap. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Ginny

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Ginny , yes please save the C Paniculatum for me :) I have the others. I should have some coleus for you :)

• ginibee
    13 years ago

D'Ann, I potted the pagoda flower for you, but I have to tell you it's a puny little thing, so not sure how it will do.

I have 2 trades of Solanum Seaforthianum (purple potato vine)if anyone wants.

Would love Solanum jasminoides (white potato vine) if anyone has.

Ginny

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I have yellow and pink 4 0'clocks. They are popping up everywhere.

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Here is a list of plants I know I can bring:

Solanum seaforthianum - purple potato vine (2)
    Abutilon flowering maple tree - rooted (1)
    Coral honeysuckle - rooted (1)
    Jasmine sambac
    Orange cosmos - seedlings or seeds
    Blackberry lily
    Scented geranium with lavender blooms (not sure what scent)

Trini - I'll try a yellow 4 o'clock. Can't wait to see your new garden!!

Ginny

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ginny,

yellow 4'o clock is waiting for you. I can't wait to see everyone.

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Michelle, thanks. Anything special on your wish list?
    Ginny

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

So its settled . April 30 th at 10:00 . Looking forward to seeing everybody. I thought I would have some coleus to share , but gephart didn,t seed me my order till yesterday. And the others arn't big yet.
    Maybe we can have a playdate in the summer.
    I'm still thinking about what to bring. I got a few recipes I would like to try out .

• cdbinfl
    13 years ago

Michelle,
    I would have loved to come, especially since I live just around the corner. I had already made plans with the Jupiter Orchid Society to have a repotting event at my house the same morning. If you end up not going to a nursery you are all welcome to swing by my house. I know you haven't been to it yet, but some of the others have. We have added a lot since the last swap I had, including a pond with waterfall. And if anyone is interested in an orchid repotting lesson, I can leave something to demonstrate while you are there.

I also have a few plants I would like to donate to the swap, just to get rid of stuff I have sitting around in pots. I'll make a list and post it.

Let me know if you guys want to stop over after your swap. I may do a swap later in the year, maybe Fall.

D'Ann, is that the Pagoda flower we bought at Tropical Acres? IF so I have lots of them that came up last year and was going to pull about half of them out.

Cherie

• trinigemini
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Cherie,

You just sold me. I would love to see your place. I did not know orchids really needed re-potting....I guess that means I need a lesson or more :-)

Ginny, that is very nice of you. But I am very easy. A true Gemini I have no favorites...or can't decide. I really do not need anything special. I am just looking forward to the swap, showing off the work I've done (to people who appreciate it) and now to seeing Cherie's place as well.

• cdbinfl
    13 years ago

great! D,Ann knows where I live or you can e-mail me at cherieblick@bellsouth.net for address and directions.
    Cherie

• stuartwanda
    13 years ago

That sound great Cherie! Marion and I are looking forward to seeing everyone!

• cdbinfl
    12 years ago

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone. The yard is not in great conditon right now, still in winter recovery mode, so keep your blinders on. And hubby has a work project going on that is not complete but you will see the "before", and hope to have a swap in the Fall so everyone can see the "After".

I will have a few plants to donate plus others that can be dug up, if anyone wants one of the Pagoda flower mentioned above, I have lots, we can just dig them up when you come.

Cherie

• Kim_in_Jupiter_Farms
    12 years ago

Hi everyone! New to this site - any events/swaps going on currently? I'd love to meet fellow gardeners in my area!

• stuartwanda
    12 years ago

Hi Kim, Keep watching around Sept. or Oct. for Swaps. Just too hot right now. Hope to meet you at one of the swaps!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting