Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goldenpond_gw

wanted: treasure coast haves and have nots list

goldenpond
13 years ago

OK this is it lets post your haves and have nots. You can also just bring things.Doesn't have to be a plant can be garden art,birdhouses,mosaics,books etc that you no longer need or want.

tanya

Comments (58)

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I agree as we get close we will know more and you can bring whatever as any leftovers will find a good home .

Ms Marion I love that you have tiles for me!I will gladly set aside a rose for you!

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Jupiter, I have a lot of Amaryllis and some are blooming now and more to come. I'll put your name on a couple as I see which ones I have multiples of. I've moved them all around and not sure what's what - plus, I don't have names for all of them. Has your 'black pearl' bloomed yet? I googled it and the picture looks amazing!
    Tanya, I can't wait to see your purple path.

Ginny

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Ginny , the black pearl bloomed last year and is sending off a spike now. It is the deepest red ....... almost maroon color. I love it. Ill take pic of it when it opens. I know that you can divide the bulbs by cutting into them. I have never done this before. Ill get you one in the future. Remind me. :)

I think the coleus has lost its charm , I don`t have any takers. I guess I am a glutton for punishment. I still love them.
    I will root some up anyways LOL !

• ginibee
    13 years ago

No! No! The coleus has not lost it's charm!! I want some!! lol. I bought 4 at the nursery and I was going to take cuttings if possible to bring to the swap. I still love them and they just fill in the bare spots so well. The 4 I got are the more common ones, but I lost ALL of mine. I'm sure there are others that want them too, but haven't seen your post yet.

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Ginny the coleus are yours. I will take cuttings tomorrow. You can grow them out and share with everybody up your way.
    Kat has cuttings / plants also. So everybody will have some. Thanks for the amaryllis :)

• butterflygardener
    13 years ago

Ginny and anyone, do you want a goatweed start? It is supposed to be a butterfly nectar plant I believe. It is a native with a sweet little white flower, not showy but I like it. I also have a native mint, I grow in a container which doesn't drain as it is a bog plant. It is so pretty now with all the little white flowers on it.
    Kat

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Ginny , I just looked up Fatsia Japonica and I am interested in it if no one esle wants it. :) I have some veggie seeds. If anybody wants some email me for the list. I am going to trim the yard soon. I will start cuttings. Its starting to look like spring :)

• ginibee
    13 years ago

jupiterplants, I'll pot you a Fatsia. It's a great shade plant.

I have another if anyone else is interested.

Ginny

• butterflygardener
    13 years ago

Remind me of the date please.
    Kat

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Kat , Its on Sat May 22.

• ginibee
    13 years ago

You asked how the black eyed susan was doing from last year's swap, here is mine with the first bloom this year. It also provided me with 2 more seedlings, so I am very happy. I wanted to get this thread going again as I have lots more to add to my list later. Anyway, here is Tanya's black eyed susan I got last year.

I'll revise my list later. Looking forward to the swap.

Ginny

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Don't they just make you smile! They LOOK Great.
    thanks Ginny for letting me know how they thrived for you.
    tanya

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Yes, they definitely make me smile!! I especially love how just about every plant in the B'fly garden came from friends and swaps and a lot are still recovering from the freeze. Some of my biggest plants - cherries jubilee, yesterday/today/tomorrow, blue butterfly bush, and abutilon chittendebi are just now getting growth from the roots. On the other side of the bed 3 big firebushes that were about 8 ft are now about a foot high. I can't wait to see it all come together.

Here is my revised listing of plants for the swap:

Blackberry lily seedlings
    Cannas - Indica Orange and probably others
    Swamp sunflower - (I think this is Helianthus Angustifolius, but not positive). Tall perennial.
    Fatsia Japonica - likes shade
    Louisana Iris - Purple
    Dianthera nodosa - shade, hummingbirds
    Shrimp plant 'fruit cocktail' - will root cuttings
    Purple or White Beautyberry - will root cuttings
    Thunbergia Battiscombeii
    Petrea Volubilis 'queen's wreath' (hopefully rooted)
    Clerodendrum Wallichii 'bridal veil'
    Clerodendrum splendens vine 'flaming glorybower' (bright solid red clusters in fall/winter - hummers love it)
    Colocasia 'coal miner' elephant ear (this is a runner, but beautiful for a pot)
    Mexican sage
    Big Blue Salvia - not sure which one.
    Red salvia - riverside sage
    Hibiscus acetosella seedlings - red leaf hibiscus
    Coleus

Have only one trade of some, but most at least 2 or more.

Ginny

• msmarion
    13 years ago

I know this is not a plant, but I am looking for an old aluminum colander. It doesn't have to be perfect, just needs to work. If you find one at a yardsale or thrift shop for a dollar or two I will gladly pay you for it. I've been looking for 6 months with no success.

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Tanya , what do you need us to bring for food ?

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Oh yes it is getting to be time to think about food. Well, Jim said he will gladly grill and take care of meat so start adding your specialties here!
    tanya

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Where is everybody?? Only 2 weeks until the swap and not many responses. Is it still on?

I'll bring Deviled Eggs if that's ok.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and Tanya's garden.

Ginny

• msmarion
    13 years ago

Ginny they must be out in the garden potting up things to trade. LOL

I have a partial bag of Osmocote if any one would like it. I also have a ton of 4" pots.

I have 6-7 small pots of Scilla Violacea (makes a great house plant, although I grow it in dappled shade).

I'll bring bottled water and a dessert.
    Can't wait to see everyone. Iris will be joining me and is just thrilled to be asked back! LOL

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

I believe there 4 of us coming from the north palm area . I always love this time of year and and look forward to another swap.

I will bring a barley and veggie salad that changes every time I make it :) I looked at Tanya's wants , and I really don't have what she is looking for.
    My aroids are just now starting to perk up. Unfortunately they are real puny. I think allot has rotten in the ground because of all the cold rain we had this winter. In fact, I plan to dig up all my caladium next winter for safekeeping. Same with my gingers.

I will go thru my flower seeds and post soon.

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Marion - I know that's what I've been doing - potting plants and planting too. I'm glad Iris is coming to the swap. I know she will miss them when she moves, but she will have family around. Maybe they are gardeners too.

D'Ann - was there anything else for you besides the fatsia?

Anybody want purple horsemint? - I think!! It's not blooming yet, but it smells good, so that's what I think it is. Hope it's not a weed. lol

Ginny

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Ill take some horsemint.
    the bees love it :)

• ginibee
    13 years ago

I love the horsemint too, but I had 3 big clumps come up and I think I pulled a lot out thinking it was a weed. I'm still not 100% sure. lol. Anyway, I'll pot some.

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Tanya, I sent you an email for directions. Hope it went through.

Ginny

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Hi , I have someperennial peanut that I am going to remove for my new veggie bed.

Would anybody like some ?

• butterflygardener
    13 years ago

I am bring a layered salad.
    Looking forward to the swap!

• smallfern
    13 years ago

Hi,

Please, please count me in.
    Just got back from a 1-mth trip to Asia & my garden is a mess! Not sure what I can offer yet, plant or seed wise. But I can bring Asian style chicken wings as I've brought some fresh spices home with me ~ no worries, spicy but not hot ~ & Achar (Indonesian pickles) made from homegrown radishes & carrots.

Plus I would love to see Goldenpond's garden again.
    Plus I've become a mint lover - Ginibee, may I request a horsemint cutting please?

fern

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

All Right Fern!
    JIm was asking about you guys last night!
    jupter plants, I will take some perennial peanut.
    Ginny if you have another fatsia Ill take one ,
    what color is the intrigue?
    I don't want to hog everything!
    tanya

• ginibee
    13 years ago

fern - I was wondering about you too - hope you had a great time in Asia. I'm potting horsemit tomorrow and putting your name on a pot.

Tanya - I do have another small fatsia and I'll put your name on it. The intrique is dark leaves with orange blooms. I got it in a trade last year and she was overly generous.

Ginny

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Kat - I would love a goat weed if still available.

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Glad I can give you something you want ! :)

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Marion, I have a colander for you if you haven't gotten one yet. Also, I tried to send you an email, but it kicked back.

Ginny

• msmarion
    13 years ago

Ginny you have mail!

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

By the way anyone need any Ducks or 6 wk old ducklings????????

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Tanya , would you or anybody else like some spanish moss ? We are trimming up some oaks.

• butterflygardener
    13 years ago

Ginny-I will get a goatweed potted up for you.

Tanya-I would like another start of the black eyed susan if you have one you can spare. Mine didn't come back.
    Is there anything I have posted on the Jupiter Farms swap that you would like?

only 3 days away!

• smallfern
    13 years ago

Jupiterplants, can I take up your offer of spanish moss please? I've been trying in vain to grow some on my 'old oak tree' but it's still bald. :(

My garden is still a mess after our 1-mth absence but I've got Asian vegetable seeds - Kai Lan, Pak Choy & Choy Sum, lantana seeds, seedlings of Coreopsis (tickseed with buds) grown from seeds given to me during the last swap, lots of rooted Lemongrass and 2 little seagrape seedlings.

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Kat - thanks for the goat weed.

Fern - I'd like a lemon grass if you have enough. I can bring you apple mint if you don't have that one. I got it from a friend, but I'll get more later.

Can't wait to see everyone.

Ginny

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Small fern.. the moss is yours :)

• smallfern
    13 years ago

Ginibee - Lemongrass coming you way.

Jupiterplants - thanks.

Also found 4 Asparagus plants which survived. I can pot some if anyone is interested. It's supposed to bear shoots which are edible but I'm not sure when and/or how many.

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Butterflygardener do you still have any , african blue basil, everglades tomato?
    Also,,,, does anyone have the tall red cannas?
    String of pearls or other unusual succulant?
    An OLD doorknob? We picked up a planter box at a yard sale with door knobs for hooks/decor but it is missing one.
    smallfern,a lemongrass if you have one and yes I have blackeyed susans beaming at me in the garden and I will
    gladly share,some I have potted.
    tanya

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I invited some of my friends from the other tours so if you have extra plants bring em on!

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Marion and Iris
    jupiter plants is bringing 3
    Kat
    Ginny
    Fern and ( hubby?)
    Gayle and Lee
    Sharon
    Jerry and maybe friend
    Sylvia (are you still on?)
    WHO am I missing?May have a neighbor or two or .......

• smallfern
    13 years ago

Yes, confirmed. Going with DH.
    He's really looking forward to this event.

• msmarion
    13 years ago

Ooops...Iris will not be joining us. I will be coming with Kat and Jupiterplants. I don't believe her friends will be coming.

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Add Mike.

• msmarion
    13 years ago

I'm sorry I'm not going to make it. Hope you all have a great time trading plants and getting to know each other.

• jupiterplants
    13 years ago

Tanya ,
    Kat and I will be there. See you soon :)

• ginibee
    13 years ago

Tanya, I'll be there.

Marion - so sorry to see you are not coming. Was looking forward to seeing you again.

Ginny

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Not too late to decide to come!!!!!

• goldenpond
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The END! Til next time........

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews