Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wanted: wanted: pink bleeding heart vine - jacksonville

Posted by love_the_yard z9A Jax FL (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 26, 10 at 13:24

I am looking for a cutting of the pink/red/purple variety of Bleeding Heart Vine (also called Glory Bower or chlerodendrum thomsoniae) in the Jacksonville, Florida area. (I already have the white variety of Bleeding Heart Vine.) I would be happy to trade some white cuttings for a couple of your pink cuttings. I also have lots of other plants and cuttings I could trade: plumeria, yesterday-today-tomorrow, brugmansia/angels trumpet, chenille plant/firetail, amaryllis, crinum, pink or white jacobania, etc.

(Note that this is a different plant than the northern plant also called Bleeding Hearts Dicentra Spectabilis.)

The bleeding heart plant that I want looks like this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wanted: wanted: pink bleeding heart vine - jacksonville

I have some of that, love the yard. What color plumies and brugmansia do you have?

- Robin

o

I have peach brugs and white brugs. Tons of plumies but only one has ever bloomed that is the only one I know is pink for certain. All of the others, I know what they were labeled, but don't know the color for certain.

Are you in the Jacksonville area (I hope)?

o

Sorry, no -- I'm just west of Disney so we'd have to do this through the mail. If you don't want to, I understand. What's your white brug like? Would you happen to have an Aztec Gold plumie?

o

I hope to find local - just easier. My brugmansia is a double-white - no name. I don't have any yellow, gold or orange flowering plants at all - don't really like them. My yard is all pinks, blues and whites. So plumerias - if they ever bloom - should be various shades of pink and white if they bloom true to purchase! :)

o

Hope you find what you're looking for -- good luck!

o

hi i do have a bleeding heart vine that someone gave me last year but it hasn't bloom yet, it looks like it will be soon,I have blueish purple salvia,white, pink, lavendar mexican petunias,joe pye weed, double white althea cutting, i live in Callahan, so i would love to do some trading i have more but dont know some of the names,oh i also have white and light lavender salvia hope to hear from you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Florida are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here