Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crueltyfre

have: tampa swap have/want lists

crueltyfre
15 years ago

I have a lot of amaryllis bulbs that need a new home. Some Apple Blossom, others noid.

Also divisions of BC Maikai Mayuma.

Tons and tons of houseplants that must go...spider plants, corn plants, dracena, pothos, arrowhead, blue daze, etc.

Many types of ferns..leather, rabbits foot, boston, etc.

I have three largish Monstera I'd like gone, you dig

Other houseplants...easter and Christmas cactus, episcia.

lot's more, but drawing a blank at the moment, lol. Check my list or photo page -

http://s732.photobucket.com/albums/ww324/Crueltyfre/Garden%20Pictures/?albumview=grid

Looking for orchids, Nun orchids, datura or brugs, shade plants.

Always interested in yard art, bird feeders, windchimes, etc. Nothing cutesy.

Comments (30)

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    15 years ago

While I've been gardening for quite some time, I've only recently started going past the usual Home Depot type stuff. So I don't have a lot of rare or unusual stuff. I kinda think most of you want the exotic stuff. But just in case I'm wrong, anyone want any --

four o clocks, fushcia and varigated yellow?
    How about white or purple lantana ground cover?
    confederate Jasmine or honeysuckle?
    staghorn fern not sure how to take pieces off of mine yet
    foxtail ferns
    lemon grass
    turks cap mallow
    jatropha

I think I should just walk the garden with a notepad, much more efficient than my memory, lol
    Lori

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I forgot to tell you all that as a Hostess/thank you for coming gift, I'm sending you all home with stink vine and passion flower. No need to thank me.
    Lori

• ladyaustin96
    15 years ago

LOL,

Passion flower is ok...got enuff stink with the kids and the dogs!

Shall I post what I have to swap here?

Kim

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Kim, yep, post what you can bring to swap or eat/drink. I think this is the easiest way to keep track of it all.

Everyone...I got a bunch of crinums, anyone want any?

Lori

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just bought some Florida Anise, Illicium floridanum, which is endangered/threatened. Let me know if you're interested so I can start some cuttings before the swap.
    Lori

• laura1
    14 years ago

I have: rouge plants (native), dotted horsemint (native), Alocasia gageana, 1 variety of brugmansia, will take cuttings of hoyas upon request (many varieties but some are young). I'll pot up some clumping grass(babies): muhly and fountain grass.
    I'm interested in succulents.

• tomncath
    14 years ago

Hi Lori,

Thanks for hosting this get-together. For eats Cathy and I will bring a tomato-cucumber salad.

Beyond foraging, we'll be bringing mostly supplies:

1 gallon nursery containers
    2 gallon nursery contaniers
    3 gallon nursery containers
    3' T-posts
    6' T-posts
    Nurticote Total CRF 13-13-13 (Dynamite, but $1.67 vs. $5/lb)
    Bananas - Mahoi pups
    Alocasia wentii - three pots, first come, first gone ;-)

See pictures half way down this link, if there's any interest I'll cut some Bambusa Malengensis corms and bring them along too.

Tom

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Tom I'd love some of that bamboo! I think it might be perfect for shielding the view of neighbors.
    Lori

• laura1
    14 years ago

Tom-tell me about the Nurticote. Do you have bags or are you selling by the lb?
    Shoot I should just go buy a bag. Can you get that at Lesco?

• scoville
    14 years ago

I'll be bringing various Hot Pepper plants.Native Florida Wild Bird Pepper,Piri Piri,Seasoning peppers,maybe some rere Trinidad Peppers.Fragrant White Datura.I just saw this I'll have to look around.Orchids,Bromilliads,Succulents.

• irma_stpete_10a
    14 years ago

Bump! I wish I could come - even have plants ready to bring, but I'm spending the night before and Sunday at the historic, huge, Belleview Biltmore hotel in Bellaire (south of Clearwater) which is closing then for a 3-year restoration. This it an awesome wood structure 100 years old from the golden age of post-victorian hotels, set among golf courses. I tell you this off-topic info so you can be aware this great "lady" (and the Town of Bellaire)is facing many challenges - so cross your fingers that the restoration will be completed, all parking put underground as planned, and it and the surrounding property will be reopened so all can enjoy. Have a wonderful swap!

• tomncath
    14 years ago

Lori - I'll bring some bamboo corms....

Laura - I have two unopened 50lb bags of Nurticote Total 13-13-13 if you want to buy one, the cost was $85. I was planning on bringing a bag and several 2 gallon buckets with lids for anyone wanting to get some of it. I don't think Lesco carries Florikan products, do they? Also, if anyone is making their own potting mix an 8 quart bag (2 gallon) of MG perlite at HD is $5. I get 4CF bags (30 gallon) for $9.75...$2.50/gallon vs. $0.32/gallon, I have five bags on hand so if anyone has an interest, let me know and I'll bring a bag or two.

I'll bring all my veggie seeds too, lots of folks trying the Oriental and Asian seeds this summer as cucumber and squash substitutes since we can grow traditional varieties here in the summer.

Any interest in the Mahoi bananas?

Tom

• laura1
    14 years ago

oh, Tom, I'd like one of those 50 pounders!!! It does have minors, right?
    Scoville I'd like that white datura!
    I have potted up some seedling daylilies. They are blooming size and some will even be in bloom or have bloom spikes These are nice plants even if I have to say so myself! Several are orange...seedlings of Tangerine Horses (you can look up on Linda Samples' website) one is peach and the other ... hum...can't really describe except to say it is bi-colored. Let me know if you are interested I'll put your name on it.

• thonotorose
    14 years ago

Tom, I'd like a mahoi and I would like to try some of that fertilizer, too. I'd like a piece of that Easter cactus, Lori.

I will be bringing at least one each of:

white datura
    Black Knight buddleia
    Carnation rose
    Prosperity rose
    Twilight rose (Crepuscule)
    Chinese sacred lily bulbs
    Zephyranthes rain lilies, yellow,small and pink medium
    Asian mini eggplant
    epi cuttings, purple/magenta
    Dragonfruit cuttings
    nopale cactus cuttings, thornless and edible
    ashwaganda seeds
    snowpeas seeds
    yard long bean seeds, yummy!
    Grandpa Ott's
    rapini seeds

Haven't decided on snacks, yet.

Veronica

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Veronica, I'm starting an obsession with epi's, despite never ever seeing a bloom in my whole life. I'd love a purple one.

Scoville, I'm always interested in orchids. I have two that can be shared...the BC Maikai Mayumi and Onc. Gower Ramsey if anyones interested.

Lori

• scoville
    14 years ago

Tom,I'm interested in the Mahoy's and 3 gal pots are always needed in the pepper patch.

Here is a link that might be useful: Some garden pics

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just found a keiki on my Dendrobium Burana Charming. Anyone want it? I won't cut it till you get here, but wanted to mention it now so I won't forget later,it's inside and you know, out of sight, out of mind...
    Lori

• tomncath
    14 years ago

Hi Folks, I'll bring everything on my list above. Anyone want me to bring a 4CF bag or two of perlite?

Tom

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Scoville-love all the peppers, I'm craving Mexican already, can't wait to get some.

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Veronica, I've started some easter cactus cuttings and it looks like they're rooting.

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cuttings of double red flower hibiscus, turks cap mallow, star jasmine, joesphs coat, all seem to be doing fine. Anyone want any?

AS to the rest of my stuff...I ran out of pots and soil, so I'll just give you fresh cuttings of anything you want when you get here.
    Lori

• laura1
    14 years ago

I'm trying to get some salvia (hot lips and a red one like it...it may be a sage). I've got some begonias (small) but don't forget I have some NICE daylilies in 3 gal pots.

Also...I don't want to rain on Lori's parade...but I live a little over a mile away if ya want to stop by before or after...email me.

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've invited others who aren't on GardenWeb (and so can you). So just because no one here at GW has asked for what you have, others might.

I invited some friends who are gardeners as well as put up a sign in my subdivision for the whole neighborhood. So who knows how many will come.
    Lori

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

anyone want a set of Woodstock Garden Bells or a water powered hose reel? Available at the swap.
    Lori

• tomncath
    14 years ago

Anyone here want a few dwarf okra plants in 5 gallon containers?

Baby Bubba

Little Lucy Red

• laura1
    14 years ago

for those with a pond or just a big bucket/pot I have a baby lotus (flower). This from a seed that I got from Olya. Although this guy is small now they grow pretty fast.
    I've got one that is just a little older and it is getting some size...I have it in a big pot (no drainage hole).

• junglegal
    14 years ago

Lori,

I got your email & I regret I will not be able to make it after all. I hope it is a success. Sounds as though you'll have a nice turn out.

JG

• rowdy13
    14 years ago

I've been collecting up a few each of a number of plants to bring to Sunday's swap. I haven't heard much as far as requests so for the most part, I'm bringing plants that will eventually be discarded as I clean up overgrown flower beds.

Bromiliads
    I'm bringing 5 different types of bromiliads. Two of them appear to be varieties of Billbergia nutans (one with spots on the leaves and one without)-
    QueenÂs Tears, Friendship Plant, Hardy Queen's Tears, Hardy Friendship Plant. I found this bromeliad at DaveÂs Garden at: http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2116/ . A third one is varigated and may be the one pictured on the following page: http://www.rainforestflora.com/bromcare.htm The other two I believe are fairly common, Matchstick Plant , and one with dark green leaves and a large red ball of flowers.

Iris
    I've pulled up a number of walking iris, white with purple. I believe they're called Apostle Plant. I've also got a couple of yellow ones.

Salvias
    I dug up two each of the following salvias. I'm not sure how they'll look tomorrow as I usually cut off most of the plant when transplanting them. I've left most of the plant so you can see what the plant looks like including the blooms.

Black and Blue Salvia - Salvia guarantica
    Belize Sage - Salvia miniata
    Tropical Sage - Salvia coccinea (red and Pink varieties)

Indian Curry tree
    Coral Bean Tree (also have seeds)
    Red Chinese Hat
    Heliconia - Red with yellow flowers
    Red Canna - one plant, plenty of seeds
    4 O'Clock seeds (pink) yellow flowerng plant available upon request.
    one blue Plumbago
    2 Ruttya fruticosa - Hummingbird Plant or Rabbit Ears
    cuttings of 2 varieties of purple firespike

That's if they'll all fit in my car.

I've update my wish list:
    Amaryllis bulbs - all we have is red ones
    Bromiliads
    Orchids
    Heliconias
    Begonias: wax and angle wing
    Peppers - My wife and son are on a big pepper kick so I could use some of them. All I have is a serano.
    Ocra - My wife is also on a pickling kick and loves Ocra.
    Almost any flowering plant, especially if it flowers in the winter

Steve

Here is a link that might be useful: Billbergia nutans

• rowdy13
    14 years ago

It looks like I erred in making the link in my post to the Billbergia nutans. Use the link at bottom of the post to see those photos.

Steve

• tomncath
    14 years ago

Hi Steve,

I'll bring you two containers of Okra and one pepper that are currently producing, I want some of all your salvia plants :-)

Tom