Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scoville_gw

WANTED: Heirloom Tomatoes for Hot Peppers

scoville
14 years ago

I have a variety af Hot pepper seeds to exchange for some provern Heirloom Tomatoes that will produce in zone 9.I'm offering 60-70 types.

Comments (6)

• captstinky
    14 years ago

What quantity of seed are you interested in per variety? I have some Paul Robeson, Carbon, Cherokee Chocolate, Black Brandywine, Orange flesh-purple smudge, money maker, mortgage lifter, striped roman...a few other white varieties, but these yield best for me in spring/fall.

I could also exchange cuttings perhaps if you were close enough to Pinellas County.

• CaptTurbo
    13 years ago

captstinky, I tried to email you about perhaps getting a few of your seeds (especially the Paul Robeons) but for whatever reason I can't seem to get it to work. If you have the time and interest, please email me at turbondr@aol.com Thanks. CaptTurbo

• tinael01
    13 years ago

Hello CaptStinky - I am located right at the western end of 102nd ave in Pinellas County right between Largo and Seminole. I just ordered some tomato seeds from tomatofest and I sure would like to see how you take care of yours and get some tips. I ordered:
    Cherokee Purple
    Creole
    Arkansas Marvel
    DagmaâÂÂs Perfection
    Tropic
    Neptune

Are you anywhere close to me?

• lauravsea
    13 years ago

Hi Tina, I found your post by doing a google search for "heirloom tomatoes in Pinellas county" and was surprised by the location because I live right off Hamlin. :) I'm getting ready to start a new garden and wondered if the tomatoes you ordered worked well for you in this climate?
    thanks!

• captstinky
    12 years ago

Well, life got busy and I haven't been too active here. LOTS of composted manure. I like to plant in late August for fall and Vallentines weekend for spring plantings...

Bt for pest control, and applications of liquid copper for antifungal

• jsschrstrcks
    12 years ago

*pokes list*

Anything you are interested in?

I'd Trade for some tomatoes.

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21