Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Louisiana Iris

Posted by nova z9A Ocklawaha (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 17, 12 at 16:02

I have lots of these that need new homes. There are yellows, purples, and blues but they are mixed up so I can't guarantee what colors you might get. They are in large landscape tubs and you are welcome to take the tubs with you. Needless to say I would prefer you came and picked them up. I am in Marion County not too far from Ocala or the Villages. They do well in a pond or bog but also do well in regular garden soil.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Louisiana Iris

Do you still have irises? If so, please let me know. I would love to have some. Thanks. Patricia

o

• Posted by nova z9A Ocklawaha (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 28, 12 at 11:50

Patricia - Sent you an e mail!

o

I'm interested nova if you still have some. How large are the tubs? I will be traveling up that way next weekend (actually trenton) but could swing by there.

o

Tue, Sep 4, 12 at 6:24

The tubs are large tree pots. I can however divide a bunch of fans for you if you want. I still have a plenty to share.

Susan

o

Thanks so much Susan. I have wanted these for a long time and never seen them available anywhere.

Darren

o

Thu, Sep 6, 12 at 9:43

Still have plenty left if anyone is interested! Might even consider doing some for postage!

o

Hi,
Kind of late to the message, but would love some if they are still available. I work in the Villages and actually all over Lake County so it would be no problem to pick some up. Anything on your wish list? I might have it.

o

Hi,
I have a Confederate Rose Bush cutting that I just potted. They grow large similar habit to Rose of Sharon. I have an unusual Hibiscus called Red Shield, the foliage looks a lot like a Japanese Maple and it gets cranberry colored flowers twice a year. It can be grown as a large bush, or after blooming, can be trimmed. I have Yellow Cestrum, big butterfly attractor, but will grow quite large if not trimmed. I can start Nun's Orchids, but I have to wait until they bloom. They grow nicely under oak trees. Other stuff: Night Blooming Jasmine, Persian Shield, Devil's Backbone, Ornamental Sweet Potato, Christmas Cactus, Firespike, baby Crinum Lilies that I have potted, and Tiger Grass. Could probably dig up a patch of Australian Violet, it really likes moist shade, gets small purple and white flowers., a good ground cover for shade. Let me know, thanks for the offer of Irises.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Florida are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here