Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nova_gw

HAVE: Rose Cuttings Swap Lists

nova_gw
14 years ago

Here is my list of the roses I will have cuttings from this year. The ones with a "L" following the name will be in limited quantities.

For those looking for cuttings for postage, trades will have priority but ask and I will try to accommodate as many requests as I can.

Anne Olivier/pale yellow/Tea-Bermuda Mystery Rose

Arethusa/Apricot/China/"L"

Bermuda's Kathleen/Pink/Shrub-Bermuda Mystery Rose

Blumenschmidt/Yellow/Tea/"L"

Bon Silene/Dark Pink/Tea

Brightside Cream/white/Noisette-Bermuda Mystery Rose

Carnation/Pink/China-Bermuda Mystery Rose

Cherokee Rose/white/Wild Rose/once bloomer

Cl Cramoisi Superieur/Red/china

Cornelia/Pink Blend/Hybrid Musk

Crepuscule/Apricot/Noisette

Isabelle Sprunt/Pale Yellow/Tea

Le Marne/Pink/Polyantha

Louis Philippi/Red/China

Madam Lombard/Pink/Tea

Miss Caroline/pink/Tea

Mlle Franziska Kruger/Pink/Tea

Mme Laurette Messimy/Pink/China "L"

Mrs Dudley Cross/Light Yellow/Tea

Mutabilis/Yellow Blend/China

Natchitoches Noisette/Pink/noisette-Found Rose

Old Blush/Pink/China

Prosperity/White/Hybrid Musk

Red Cascade/Red/Climber

Tausendschon/pink/Rambler/once bloomer

The Fairy/Pink/Polyantha

The Gift/White/Polyantha

Vincent Godsif/Dark Pink/China

Here is a link to my Rose Album that has pictures of most of my roses-

My Roses

Susan

Comments (18)

• teka2rjleffel
    14 years ago

Susan, most of mine just got their big haircut for the year, drat. Also most are modern roses, can I still get in? If so I'll post a list.
    Nancy

• joycrick
    14 years ago

I actually have nothing, but am begging for whatever anyone has excess of.

I spent seven years developing a beautiful garden full of antique and Austin roses in New Smyrna, and now am starting with nothing in Eustis. I'll be happy to pay postage!!

Thanks in advance for your generosity. I will give any donated plants a good home!!!

Joyce

• nova_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nacny -Feel free to list what you have. You never know what someone may be interested in!

Joyce- Once I fulfill my trade obligations I am sure I will be able to put together a "Care Package" for you! Email me a list of what roses you are interested in and I will see what I can do.

Susan

• gatormomx2
    14 years ago

I am a newbie and most of my roses are small - just starting to grow into bushes and not ready for a trim - yet . Go visit helpmefind.com and do a search for these names . Great pictures and info on how big the roses get , how much sun and so much more .
    I do have these to share -

HAVE :

Louis Phillipe - rooted cuttings
    red and can have hints of pink at times , 1834

Bermuda Spice
    white - slight scent - often called a mystery tea rose

Emmy Gray
    single red flower - named after a teacher in Bermuda

Smith's Parish
    single white flower

Pink Pet - also called Caldwell Pink
    a petite pink ruffle bush stays somewhat small

WANT :

Arethusa

Bermuda's Kathleen/Pink

Bon Silene/Dark Pink

Crepuscule/Apricot

• nova_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gatormom- I will definitely be able to help you out on Bermuda's Kathleen and Crepuscule for postage. I will have to see about the other two as Arethusa is still fairly small and I have Bon Silene treed but if no one wants to trade you will have first choice of what cuttings I have.

Susan

• thonotorose
    14 years ago

Joyce,

I will get a care package together for you also. It may take some time. Family problems right now.

Veronica

• thonotorose
    14 years ago

Keep in mind that several are too small for more then one or two cuttings so give me an alternatives list too.

I am always looking for any very fragrant roses.

Ones that are already rooted are listed at the bottom. I left off any still under patent and those that just moved here from Newberry, FL. They are still too small.

Rose list September 2009

Abraham Darby
    Alexander Hill Gray
    Ann Marie de Montravel
    Apricot Nectar
    Arch Duke Charles
    Bella Vista
    Blanch Lafitte
    Blush Noisette
    Bubble Bath
    Buff Beauty
    Carnation
    ChampneyÂs Pink Cluster
    Cornelia
    Coquette des Blanches (prob wrong, very like Bubble Bath)
    Crepuscule
    DarlowÂs Enigma
    Ducher
    Duchesse De Brabant
    E Veyrat Hermanos
    Excellenz Von Schubert
    Fellemberg
    Francois Juranville (prob wrong)
    Francois Gualain
    Franciska Kruger
    Gardenia
    General Gallieni
    General Jac
    Heritage
    Hermosa
    Isabella Sprunt
    Juane Desprez
    Lady Banks yellow
    Louis Philippe
    Madame Alfred Carriere
    Madame Berkeley
    Maman Cochet
    Maggie
    Marcella Bocase
    Marechal Niel
    Mr. Lincoln
    Mrs B R Cant
    Mrs Dudley Cross
    Mrs Joseph Schwartz
    Mystic Beauty
    Narrow Water (probably)
    Niles Cochet
    Old Blush
    Papa Meiland
    Papi Delbard
    Pierre Notting
    Puerto Rico orange
    Rene de Violets
    Rosarium Uterson
    Rosette Delizy
    Sally Holmes
    Souvenir De La Malmaison
    Souvenir de Elise Vardon
    Swamp Rose
    Sweet Chariot
    Verdun
    Westerland
    White Pearl in the Red DragonÂs Mouth
    William R Smith
    Cl Cecile Brunner spray
    Cl Clotilde Soupert

Sm pink spray unknown climber, fragrant. May be June Ann, though seems to be more then a once bloomer. This plant has a very attractive lacy look to it. The canes are thorny, flexible and about twelve feet high.

Large octopus climber with very nice large pink flowers, good cutting, seems likely to repeat. This would be great for a fence where it could spread rather then climb.

Another vigorous pink, fragrant, large flowers in the bourbon style, with small mid summer repeat, may repeat in fall. Looks very much like Louis Odier or Rene Victoria, though neither of those roses did as well here.

These are rooted and open for trade.

Carnation
    Louis Phillipe
    Prosperity
    Gardenia

• Martina DeLuca
    14 years ago

Hi Veronica,

I'm in Plant City....we met awhile back at a USF sale. Wow, your collection is big. I started buying whatever the vendor at the USF sales has. She wasn't at the July sale this year though. I ended up pulling out most of my hybrid teas, so my "rose walk" is bare. lol Some I'm still hanging on to. I'm looking forward to the October sale to see what she has.

Anyway, I still have variegated EE's for you and can add Variegated Wentii (if you don't already have it) and Variegated Sagittofolium. You have all the roses that I have, if I could even get a cutting from them.....they are still small.

I am interested in Excellenz Von Schubert and Rene de Violets. Others too, if you were to trim and have any extras after you trade. I just found out that my plant I bought online is not Excellenz Von Schubert....mine has thorns.

Thanks
    Tina

• joycrick
    14 years ago

As I said before, I have nothing to trade, but would appreciate any cuttings you can spare after the trades.

These are the ones I'd rally love to have:

Alexander Hill Gray
    Arch Duke Charles
    ***Buff Beauty
    ***Jaune Desprez
    Maggie
    ***Marechal Neil
    Mrs BR Cant
    ***Puerto Rico
    ***Rosette Delizy
    Thanks!
    Joyce

• thonotorose
    14 years ago

Got your list, Joyce and I know that you will get several from me.

Hi, Tina! I was just looking over my Von Schubert this evening and he has some great canes that need to be trimmed back. RDV is rather ratty looking, but I will check her out tomorrow.

Joyce,

I just remembered... AHG came with a broken twig which I put to root. It is still green so it now has your name on it. Also, above Tina mentioned the USF sale rose lady. That person usually has rooted bands for $6.00 each. The next sale is about October 14th. If you want, I can pick up some/a few for you. She almost always has Duchesse de Brabant. I can get cuttings to you from all on your list except maybe Rosette Delizy. As Susan said, let me fulfil my trade obligations first. Please send mailing address to hdickson at tampabay dot rr dot com.

• claferg zone 9a Fl
    14 years ago

The Roses that I have

Tausendschon
    Emmy Grey
    Mutabilis
    M. Alfred Carriere
    Martha's Vineyard
    Smith's Parish White
    Smith's Parish Red
    Safrano
    Swamp Rose
    Mrs. B.R. Cant
    Old Blush

Looking For

Duchesse De Brabant
    Belinda's Dream
    Maggie
    Crepuscule
    Abraham Darby

• nova_gw
    Original Author
    14 years ago

claferg-I can get you cuttings of Crepuscule and maybe 2 or 3 of Duchesse. I am interested in you Safrano and M. Alfred Carriere. Email me so we can work out the specifics!

Susan

• thonotorose
    14 years ago

claferg,

I can get Maggie and Abe Darby cuttings to you. I am interested in Safrano and both Smith's Parish.

• thonotorose
    14 years ago

Please send me your cutting and rooted plant list and I will ship next week.

I updated my member's page and you can now email me from there.

Veronica

• pamelabush82
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I don't have any cuttings to swap as I just moved into a home with a empty yard but would love to see if I can buy some cuttings, I also live in Florida and love all kinds of roses and want to have my own rose area in my yard. I am not picky as to what rose cuttings I would get would you consider selling some as I am on a very tight budget and can't afford to buy to much at the store for retail prices ?

Email is pamelabush82@gmail

• gagalzone8
    7 years ago

I realize this is an old post, but I am desperately seeking cuttings of Crepuscule! I have a few roses, but looks like you already have them...I would happy to do postage! Whatever you want! (look at my trade list for other goodies)

• teka2rjleffel
    7 years ago

Sorry I moved and no longer have access to that rose. Best of luck. I know lots of folks have it.

• gagalzone8
    7 years ago

Thank you for the response!!!

Sponsored