Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crueltyfre

HAVE: Bringing to Tampa Swap

crueltyfre
14 years ago

Ok, been garden walking and potting things up and here's the current list of what I can bring...

I've potted up Glorioso Lily seedlings, two to a pot.

Epiphyllum, unknown color at the moment but buds on the mother plant so will know soon! most rooted, Ti plants, and started some bamboo orchid (was told it would root this way, let's see)

This is what I'll dig if anyone wants some--

Ferns-

macho, boston, rabbit foot, leather.

Bromeliads-

painted fingernails, Neoregelia spectabilis

Vines-I've got plenty of stink vine, trumpet vine and passionflower, lol.

Also honeysuckle, red and white varieties

snail vine, vigna p something

flowers-

portulca in fushcia

purslane in yellow, beigey, red and orange

houseplants-tons of houseplants growing outside that need new home. Five types of dracena, pothos, motherinlaw tongue, etc.

I'll bring stolens from episcias if anyone's interested. I have about 6 varieties, email me for list.

I have a full roll of shade cloth. Anyone interested?

I have seeds from crinum and two colors of four o clocks.

I have a couple of orchids that aren't my favorites that will trade for other orchids. Den. nobile Yellow Song Canary and Maxillaria Tenufloria.

I can take about one cutting from these brugs--Frosty Pink, Sun Goddess, and a peach that might me Dr. Suess or Jean Pasco (trader didn't know which), and a white Datura that I got in the spring swap.

Also could get cuttings from two purple firespikes and copper plant that I got in the same swap.

Have lots of Yellow walking iris plantlets I can bring. Neomarica.

And I have four types of begonia if anyone wants some.

Cuttings of night blooming jasmine or star jasmine.

I just bought two Sweetbox, sarococca confusa and Heliotropium angiospermum that I can take cuttings of.

I can bring cuttings of xmas and easter cactus if requested prior to swap.

I'm looking for coontie and shade plants- broms, tillandsia, ferns, etc. and always orchids.

Lori

Comments (9)

• keiki
    14 years ago

Lori when is this? Is anyone invited? Im interested in your nobile. I have variegated vanilla, green vanilla orchid, vanda teres and vanda miss joaquin I could trade.

• gatormomx2
    14 years ago

I'm interested in the white Datura . Do you already have the common double purple ? I can bring that if you don't .

Want a giant milkweed ? It actually grows fairly slow but will get nice and big if not hit by the freezes . Monarchs use it for larval feeding and the flowers for nectar . Use Google images for a photo .

Do you have matchstick broms ?

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Gatormomx, I'll start a cutting of the white for you. I'd love a purple one!

I'll pass on the giant milkweed, I have no room left for anything giant, lol.

I'm not sure on the matchsticks. I got a bunch in the spring swap that look like them, but they haven't bloomed yet so I can't be sure.

Also available--yellow angel trumpet. Just got this as a gift in a swap and I have no place for it.
    Lori

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I just did a swap and ended up with extra cuttings of Clerodendrum Ugandense and a drimiopsis bulb. Anyone interested?
    Lori

• crueltyfre
    Original Author
    14 years ago

updating---the yellow fouroclocks, crinum seeds and the orchids are gone.

I got some double flower rangoon creeper, Brunfelsia lactea. peach mussaenda and Whitfieldia elongata at the Tropiflora show. I don't know if they can be started by cuttings but if you'd like to try let me know and I'll take one or two (they're still small so not going to take a lot).

And I no longer need coontie, I broke down and bought some. Still need broms, still want orchids.
    Lori

• rowdy13
    14 years ago

Lori,

The smaller broms that you got from me are the matchsticks.

Steve

• gatormomx2
    14 years ago

I will bring the purple Datura . It is common but very pretty . Mine has gotten huge but was hit by spider mites 5 times so far . Never had this happen before this season .

See you Saturday .

• rowdy13
    14 years ago

I haven't commented on the swap yet because I've been assuming that I'll have to work on Saturday but it appears as though there is some hope that I'll get the day off now.

I started a couple cuttings each of a number of plants when this was first discussed. I've also picked up a couple more plants for swap along the way. I'm always willing to dig up extras or take cuttings of just about anything in my yard if I get requests.

Plants in Pots:
    A couple of each of three firespikes
    Salvia purpurea 'Lavender Lace'
    Pineapple Sage - Salvia elegans
    Mexican Bush Sage - Salvia leucantha
    Bat-faced Cuphea - Cuphes llava - two varieties
    Cigar flower - Cuphea ignea 'David verity'
    Schuman's Cuphea - Cuphea schumanii
    Coral honeysuckle - Lonicera sempervirens
    Cape Honeysuckle - Tecomaria capensis
    Mexican Flame Vine
    Trumpet Vine - Campsis Radicans
    Mexican Oregano
    Indian Curry Tree seedlings
    Flowering Maple - Abutilon pictum

I can also dig up many young/small plants including:
    a red and yellow heliconia
    Belize sage - Salvia miniata
    Red or Pink Salvia coccineas
    Fire Cracker Flowers (Russelia equisitiformis and sarmentosas)
    Various shrimp plants
    Lavender Scallops - kalenchoes
    Chinese Hat

I can also bring cuttings of any of the previously mentioned plants. I've got plenty of seeds from the Salvia coccineas as well from cypress vine and coral bean (Erythrina herbacea).

I'm looking for:
    heliconias
    Angelwing begonias
    Golden Shrimp Plant
    bromiliads
    gingers
    sages and salvias
    butterfly nectaring flowers
    anything tropical looking, preferably winter-blooming, and not too large (?)

Steve (Rowdy) in Valrico

• laura1
    14 years ago

I'm not getting any email from garden web!
    I don't like to do this...email me:
    lydarose at tampabay dot rr dot com

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County