Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cdbinfl

WANTED: Part 2, Jupiter Farms Swap, Sept. 27

cdbinfl
14 years ago

We've reached our limit so I am starting a new one.

Sunday, September 27, 9:30 am - til ?, Jupiter Farms, for directions please send me an e-mail to cherieblick@bellsouth.net, do not use the Garden Web link. So far I have only had 3 people request directions so if you sent a request to the Garden Web link and I have not responded, please resend to my e-mail address above.

We will start around 9:30 with our swapping, and will have lunch. I'm supplying some type of barbeque, pulled pork or burgers and chicken as well as all the paper goods, silverware, and soft drinks, tea, etc. Everyone should bring a side dish or dessert, please sign up for something if you have not already.

Make sure to visit the old listing to see some recent posts for plants available. I have 2 trades of White Butterfly Ginger that I just posted there but will repost here. This is very, very fragrant and a reliable bloomer, blooms most of the summer on succesive new stalks.

Cherie

Comments (69)

• butterflygardener
    14 years ago

Beverly~ I would like some horse mint, I have another native mint would you like some?
    Kat

• shellfreak
    14 years ago

Kat- It was nice to see you at the Mounts sale yesterday. Yes I'd love some native mint and & I'll pot up some horsemint for you. Thanks for the info on the buntings.

Beverly

• teka2rjleffel
    14 years ago

Ginny, that isn't the one I was thinking of. The one I was wondering about looks just like a regular spider plant with white edges, only it gets both taller and wider and instead of the babies coming out the side, it has grayish colored 'flowers' going straight up.
    Darn I missed the Mounts sale. I didn't realize that it was last weekend, bummer. I really need more plants, ha ha.
    Nancy

• ginibee
    14 years ago

Nancy - Is it the one wanna run faster suggested - Dianella tasmanica 'Variegata' - flax lily? If so, I have that too and can bring some.

Who wanted the salmon mussaenda? I'm trying to root a couple and so far they are looking good. I can't remember who was looking for one.

Ginny

• butterflygardener
    14 years ago

Beverly~ It was good seeing you too, I spent wayyyy too much money!
    I reviewed your list again and noticed you have inkberry. I would love one if you still have one available. I am thinking I need to have everyone over to get cuttings. I will bring you the native mint, do you want any spiderwart?
    Kat

• teka2rjleffel
    14 years ago

Thanks Ginny, I appreciate it.
    Nancy

• shellfreak
    14 years ago

Kat- I'll clip an Inkberry cutting for you. Its blooming now. I'd love some Spiderwort. Thanks.

Beverly

• shellfreak
    14 years ago

Kat- Its the Snowberry that is in bloom. The Inkberry isn't in bloom yet.

Hey guys I've learned to upload photos

Here is a link that might be useful: Bev's Garden

• ginibee
    14 years ago

Nancy - I'll bring the flax lily for you.

Bev - did you have an extra Snowberry cutting? Would you like a 'fruit cocktail' shrimp plant,purple Lousiana iris, or tall red canna? Your garden looks very butterfly friendly.

Ginny

• butterflygardener
    14 years ago

Luv the pix! Do you have a passiflora incarnata still? Mine accidentally got removed.
    Thanks!
    Kat

• shellfreak
    14 years ago

Kat- Thanks. I have tons! I'll bring you some.

Beverly

• jupiterplants
    14 years ago

I have a very small but well rooted plant called White Gloxinia , Sinningia tubiflora.

Would aybody be interested in giving this a try ?

I saw a hummer on the 7 th. I useally don`t see them till the first week in October.

Nice , but a little strange.

• butterflygardener
    14 years ago

D'Ann~ I would like the white gloxinia
    Kat

• jupiterplants
    14 years ago

its yours..... :)

• wanna_run_faster
    14 years ago

Ginny, it was me who was asking about the salmon musseanda. I would love a cutting if you have one.

I'm going to put together a list of what I'm bringing and whatever else I find / see lying around. I can bring fresh cuttings of kiss & tell hibiscus, snow queen & fire & ice hibiscus if anyone's interested. I have a couple of small rooted hoyas, ones a lacuonsa (sp) blooms throughout the year, wonderful vanilla - almondy scent (to me)...makes a nice house plant, also have loads of hoya australis cuttings (an aggressive grower), and a rooted green sport of Hoya KQ with peducles (currently has large pretty purple flower, little if any scent)

Anyone have a hedychium with orange or orangy-red flowers?

Helen

• butterflygardener
    14 years ago

I have an abundance of magazines, Florida Gardening, Garden Gate, Birds and Blooms etc... I will bring them if anyone is interested in them.
    Kat

• cdbinfl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Helen,
    I have this Hedychium, if you want some of it, we can dig up when you are here. Not sure if it qualifies as orange or not.

Cherie

• ginibee
    14 years ago

WRF - I have your name on the mussaenda. I would like a cutting of kiss and tell hibiscus if you still have one.

I have hibiscus 'high voltage' if you or anyone wants cuttings. Does anyone want water lettuce for their pond or water garden? I'm having to clear some of mine out and I'll bring to swap if anyone wants, but will have to be cleaned out tomorrow if no one answers.

Cherie, if you have enough to spare I would love a piece of your hedychium ginger. I have a peach colored one, but can't find a picture and all my names got destroyed. I'll go see if it's blooming now.

Ginny

• cdbinfl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ginny,
    I have plenty of it, may be able to dig up and pot tomorrow, if not definitely while you are here.

I would like some of your water lettuce, but not a whole lot, my "pond" is just a sunken tub so not much room.

Cherie

• ginibee
    14 years ago

Thanks Cherie and I'll bring some water lettuce. I have just a small pond and a tub. It does multiply fast, but really helps keep the water clear.

• cdbinfl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kat,
    Please bring the magazines. I am going to set up a table of "free garden stuff". I have some stuff to put out, extra nursery pots, seeds, etc. Everyone who has stuff they are not using and just want to get rid of can bring them to add to the table.

I'm also going to have some door prizes for a drawing.

• msmarion
    14 years ago

Cherie, if you don't mind, my 88 year old neighbor, Iris would like to join us. She is alot of fun and enjoyed the swap in Vero at Tanya and Jim's. Iris would be happy to bring a case of bottled water or whatever else is needed, as she doesn't cook much these days. We will be traveling with Wanda.

• wanna_run_faster
    14 years ago

Oh Cherie, that is beautiful! I would love a piece. Can I offer you a pink and a red Etlingera start? I had white too but I don't seem to be able to find it lol

Ginny, the kiss & tell is yours, I have plenty if anyone else is interested

I'm going to dig up and wash the heliconias and the gingers I'm bringing and bring them along in a bucket if that's ok with everyone. It will just be so much easier than trying to pot them up and deal with the dirt in the car.

• cdbinfl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ms. Marion, I would love for Iris to join us. I really don't mind if she does not bring a thing, but if she is the type to insist, bottled water is great. My Gram may be here as well, they would probably hit it off. Not sure yet, Gram says "we'll see". I'll have some of Gram's Bread and Butter pickles and Apple Butter here if any one is interested.

Helen (wana run faster) I have plenty of the Hedychium, and would love a red Etlingera, no issues with not potting. I am going to do the same with the larger Heliconias. Both Gingers and Heliconias are perfectly fine with doing them that way, I have ordered just the rhizomes on the internet before and they have always been fine.

One of the door prizes is a 3 gallon pot of Ground Orchid, Spathoglottis, covered in blooms, I just picked up at a local nursery today. I'll post a picture later.

• butterflygardener
    14 years ago

Cherie~ Great minds think alike! I was thinking about bringing some garden items anyway!
    I love it!
    Kat

• katkin_gw
    14 years ago

Helen, I am bringing you some LA iris, I would like the pink and the red etlingera both, so what else can I bring you. ;o)

• coffeemom
    14 years ago

Put me down for a jar of Gram's bread and butter pickles, please. mmmmmgood!

• cdbinfl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sure thing Coffeemom!

Here is the Ground Orchid:

• katkin_gw
    14 years ago

Helen, I found a rooted red plumeria, would you want that and the LA iris for the pink and red etlingera ginger?

• teka2rjleffel
    14 years ago

I want to add to my 'have' list: I cleaned off the deck this weekend and these need to find a nice home:
    I have two rooted (and blooming) 16 Candles Floribunda Rose. this is my favorite of my over 50 roses, it is a gorgeous apricot, heavy bloomer.
    I also have a rooted (and close to blooming) Mary Magdeline David Austin Rose and may be my second favorite rose, peachy-cream color and licorice scent, blooms her head off. Here is a bouquet I picked yesterday, Mary is the lighter colored one.
    {{gwi:302099}}
    A rooted Renae, climber, pink, thornless. This is an old rose, pretty little sweetheart clusters, no fuss but blooms frequently and the vine mixes easily with other vines.
    A native porterweed, coral, tall, 6'. I'll cut it back for transportation.
    Nancy

• coffeemom
    14 years ago

I can smell the roses from here.
    I potted up the Nora grant. She was pissed. Let's see how she does.

I can bring black magic EE from my pond and maybe a snowflake or 2.

I also have day blooming jasmine coming up. (I don't remember planting it there)smell is not as strong as nite blooming and smells like white chocolate.

• katieauthier
    14 years ago

Shellfreak (Beverly) I goofed up bad I promised you a Jacaranda but overnight it turned into an Ear Pod tree. I have put some seeds to germinate so I will bring you both. Duh stupid

Katie

• shellfreak
    14 years ago

Katie:

No worries. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

Beverly

• katieauthier
    14 years ago

Hi Everone,

I have a few more things to list and a few requests lol
    Cliff - I have 3 varities of Agave do you want them all

Butterfly - do you still have the Spiralis would love that

WRF - I have to stop looking at what you have keep finding more like the Hoya and if you have any more of the Etlingere those are beautiful please check my list below to see if you want anything

Surinam cherry
    Mexican sage
    Varigated Clerodendrom shooting star
    Wild coffee
    cutting of Joe Hayden begonia

I will also bring some other odds and ends

Katie

• katieauthier
    14 years ago

Almost forgot does anyone have any Caladiums or Lotus? also I can get a few cuttings of climbing Frangipani.

Katie

• katkin_gw
    14 years ago

I'd love to try to root the climbing frangipani, if you can get me a cutting. :o)

• ginibee
    14 years ago

Would anyone like Costus spiciosus - white crepe ginger rhizomes? If anyone wants I'll dig and bring to the swap.

Katie - would love a cutting of the frangipani vine. Have been trying for 2 years to get that one. Would you like a rooted Strophanthus gratus - climbing oleander?

Ginny

• cdbinfl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I still have a rooted varigated Costus speciosus up for grabs (one of my favorite plants). I have one more of the Orangy hedychium, two of the white butterfly ginger, and a lot of other stuff that no one asked for, they will just be up for grabs. It's easy for me, since it's at my house, won't have to take home anything that no one wants.

There are also going to be a few new people there that don't have much to trade, so if you have stuff that no one has asked for and you are debating about bringing, you may want to bring them along if you have room. I know of several people that are coming, who have not posted trade lists or arranged any swaps in advance.

• shellfreak
    14 years ago

Katie- The climbing Frangipani vine would be nice if you have extra. I'm going to go around and cut some fresh things Sunday morning that aren't one my list. Can't wait :)

• realspaazz
    14 years ago

I am hoping to attend the swap tomorrow.
    I can bring seedlings from:
    foxtail palm
    callyphylum tree
    jatropha (just a few)

I would love a cutting from:
    plumeria pundica (bridal bouquet)
    dichorisanda thrisflorinada (false blue ginger)

Thanks Kevin

• cdbinfl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Kevin,
    Would be happy to have you but the swap is on SUNDAY, the 27th. Did you send an e-mail to my home address for directions: cherieblick@bellsouth.net.

You can have cuttings from my Plumeria Pudica unless someone has some already potted up.

Cherie

• coffeemom
    14 years ago

Katie, I could use about 5 green wave ferns if you still have them sitting around.

• cdbinfl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Katie,
    I would love some Varigated Clerodendrom shooting star> I have lots of stuff you might want, that I have not posted, other Heliconias, Gingers, etc.

Cherie

• katieauthier
    14 years ago

Happy Friday 2 days to wait :)

katkin - Franginpani for you

Ginny - ditto above for you

Shelfreak - dare I repeat myself lol

Coffeemom - 5 ferns for you

Cherie - Varigated Clero. for you

Hi kevin - I have a Pudica for you what is the callyphylum tree goggled but nothing came up?

and please don't be offended by the little k's that key isn't working so I'am pasting it and only did a small k LOL

atie (oops)

• butterflygardener
    14 years ago

Katie~ I will bring you a Spiralis .
    Kat

• cdbinfl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well, it's really not last minute, but I wanted to post in time for everyone to get a chance to see it:

Please watch for the SR 706/Indiantown Road exit, it can be a little confusing, for example if you are coming from the south on 95, the west bound exit for Indiantown Road says to "Okeechobee". If you are coming from the south on 95, it is the exit after Donald Ross Road. On the turnpike, it might say Jupiter/Indiantown or even Okeechobee/Indiantown.

Parking: I have a big circle drive, both gates will be open. You can pull through the circle drive and drop off plants before parking. I will have a wheelbarrow, boxes, a garden cart and we will You are welcome to park around the circle drive, just pull off on the right side, there are no sprinklers to worry about, just don't block the circle so others can pull through to drop off stuff. You can also park along the street.

Justin, from Hammock Tropical Garden will be joining us for lunch. It is the local nursery I suggested we can take a side trip to afterwards, for anyone who is interested. It is on the way back out of Jupiter Farms. He is a wealth of information on all kinds of tropical plants and specializes in shady plants.

Also forgot to mention, the swap is going to be around the pool, anyone who wants to can take a dip to cool off, so if you think you might, come prepared. I do have plenty of pool towels.

Try and label the plants you are swapping, I will have extra labels here if you don't get a chance to label them in advance.

Cherie

• wanna_run_faster
    14 years ago

I have to apologize to everyone, I won't be able to make it tomorrow after all.
    I will keep all the things marked that I've promised to everyone and will try to plan a get together at my house soon!

Have fun tomorrow!

Helen

• realspaazz
    14 years ago

Zoo-Katie, sorry for the incorrect spelling. The tree is Calophyllum brasiliense -- Brazilian beautyleaf. It makes a nice dooryard tree and is rather salt tolerant. Kevin

• teka2rjleffel
    14 years ago

Ginny or Cherie, I'd love to try some of the Costus spiciosus, variegated or not. Thanks
    Nancy

• cdbinfl
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Nancy, you can have the varigated one I have, it's a nice size, I'll put your name on it.

Cherie

See everyone tomorrow!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor