Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katkin_gw

GardenFest in Vero Beach

katkin_gw
10 years ago

Wonderful plant sale and garden art and supplies.
Riverside Park in Vero Beach Fl.
Feb 1 & 2 9 to 5.

Comments (15)

• FlowergalIL
    10 years ago

Hi Katkin - I live in IL, but we have a house in Ft. Pierce and I have been having a very difficult time finding a good plant nursery in this area. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks!

• katkin_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

There is Rick's on US 1 and Pinder's in Palm City. Also Weatherbys' on Weatherby Rd just off US!.

• FlowergalIL
    10 years ago

Thank you!

• katkin_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Glad to help. If you are here in Fl, you should go to GardenFest, it is a wonderful plant sale. Google it and see all the plants and garden stuff for sale there. And the Port St Lucie Botantical gardens is having a plant sale the following week end. It is pretty good too.

• stuartwanda
    10 years ago

I'll miss the Vero one but maybe I can get to the Pt. St. Lucie one, we'll see.

• msrohud
    10 years ago

This will be my first time to go to GardenFest. I was wondering if there are usually some good bromeliad vendors there. Thanks.
    Melissa

• katkin_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Melissa, yes there are plenty of bromeliad vendors there. :o)

• msrohud
    10 years ago

Thanks Katkin. I'm excited to drive down for this as we just don't seem to have any good garden shows in our area at all (Hilton Head/Savannah). The nurseries are only okay surprisingly too. The best one in the area is up in Charleston.

• morningloree
    10 years ago

Pretty sure I'm going. If you look for the lady with a wagon full of plants and a bored husband trying to watch sports on his I phone, that would be me!

• msrohud
    10 years ago

With the outside covered in ice this morning, I am definitely looking forward to this now! The weather looks to be perfect.

• katkin_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

It should be a high in the 80's on Sat and Sunny, so the weather will be perfect. Can't wait. :o)

• morningloree
    10 years ago

Was at the sale today, I bought stuff that would work in shade for me: Dona Emma Begonia, has light pink flowers that hang down in clusters, some unusual ferns that unfortunately have no ID, and vinca vine as ground cover. I bought the cutest thing, a miniature phal growing in a large snail shell, what a cute idea. They attached a beaded hanger so you can hang it whereever you want to.

• katkin_gw
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I got 4 new ti plants. Two with very small leaves and two with the larger one. I love these plants.

• msrohud
    10 years ago

Back home now. I was the crazy woman buying everything in site it seemed! I was looking for a unique palm to put in a pot and ended up buying the large 5' ponytail palm. We just don't see that size up here. I think it will look really neat in the lanai.

I have never lived anywhere that had this kind of plant show other than specific society shows (ie. orchids, succulents). I couldn't believe the great prices that one vendor had on his bromeliads. I think he was from Sarasota.

What a great time. Thanks for all the info prior to it.

• Carol love_the_yard (Zone 9A Jacksonville, FL)
    10 years ago

Oh how I wish I lived closer. Sounds like you had a great time! Lots of fun, new plants. I would have needed three wagons and several little helpers. I'm sure I would buy what I don't need and already have but boy, who can resist a good-looking plant? Or something you've never seen before? Or something you think will be hard to get later? Or something you've wanted for a long time? Or something you just started wanting because you just saw it? Not me. Good job, ya'll!

Carol in Jacksonville