Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
abendwolke

potting bench

abendwolke
16 years ago

A good friend suggested I should share a picture with you of my xmas present, my DH made for me.

He even extended the waterline so I have a faucet on the left side. The bars right and left are for hanging my orchid pots for repotting.

Evelyn :-)

Comments (26)

• msmarion
    16 years ago

Evelyn that's just beautiful. You are one lucky lady!

• ginibee
    16 years ago

Wow!! That is to die for. Ditto above.

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    16 years ago

Spectacular!

• olyagrove
    16 years ago

wow...what a husband
    great design - every little thing the gardener needs taken into consideration!

Olya

• manature
    16 years ago

Oh my gosh, Evelyn! That's just the PERFECT potting bench! And it's BEAUTIFUL, too! And boy, how TIDY your potting area is. Mine looks like a bomb went off!

Lovely present! Thanks for sharing.

Marcia

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

That is really really nice and I bet that wood will age well and get a beautiful patina.

• corar4gw
    16 years ago

Tell that man of yours to slap a copyright on that gorgeous potting bench and sell the heck out of it! This gets forwarded to my son for future use! cora

• ariel73
    16 years ago

That is gorgeous!!! I am sure your potting bench will get lots of use!
    Ariel

• vaodiva
    16 years ago

That's amazing! Oh if only my DH was handy like that.
    Congrats :)

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

That is a beautiful, useful work of art.

Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

• annafl
    16 years ago

True love.

• wanda662
    16 years ago

Thank your neighbor for telling you to post your potting bench for us!
    Love the design and great work DH!

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

Evelyn,

ahem. There is a container on the bottom shelf that is crooked. Please run out there and correct this problem! ;->

(its amazing !!)

After seeing yours I realized I dont need my cardboard box and 5 gal bucket I used as mine. The trash guys hauled it away yesterday, finally.

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Ev, don't you just love creative hubbies? The bench is beautiful. I really like the generous size of it and all it's cubbys. He did a fab job. Are those ceramic tiles on the top? Great idea and easy to clean up. I need to replace my bin. It was plastic and it pretty much rotted from the sun. I have been looking for something I can convert and add a drail to.

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

very VERY nice...........
    D`Ann

• coffeemom
    16 years ago

That's not a potting bench....it's a work of art!!!!!

I would put it in my house and not let anyone go near it, esp with dirt!

• tony_k_orlando
    16 years ago

Kristi, I AGREE with you

• puglvr1
    16 years ago

That's impressive!! How much will he charge to build me one and ship it? LOL... really, NICE.

• countrynest
    16 years ago

Ok Evelyn, your DH is covering up something and it looks like
    you have taken the bait. Or he must be up to something.
    This furniture is way to nice. If he is not hiding anything then,honey, you won the lotto the day you said "I do".

Felix

• treefrog_fl
    16 years ago

I'd like to rebuild my kitchen in this style.
    It's beautiful!

• abendwolke
    Original Author
    16 years ago

ohmygosh, I posted the pics yesterday morning and didn't think about it anymore, and now I see so so many kind words and compliments. Thank you all! I sent the link to DH so he can read what you all have to say.

Yes Cindee, the tiles on top will make cleanup easy. He used grout that will never discolor.
    Felix, I don't think I leave him time left over for anything that would need covering up ;-)
    And Tony, I am not that organized, that is what the doors are for to hide the future mess.

Thank you all :-)

Evelyn

• garyfla_gw
    16 years ago

Hi
    That is very nice. Have been trying for years to come up with a system. To keep all the potting materials organized.
    My main problem is I grow way too many types of plants.
    Need many different kinds of materials and they are soooo much cheaper in large amounts not to mention a lot less trips to the store. lol But where to store them ??lol
    My best was garbage cans stored in the shed but Wilma took the shed lol. A row of 10 garbage cans sure doesbn't look too good lol And where to keep the endless leftover pots .
    Maybe I can expand your idea about 20 times?? Of course then I'd have losts of storage area but no place for the plants lol. gary

• teka2rjleffel
    16 years ago

That is too gorgeous to be outside. If he is that talented, your kitchen must be spectacular. I agree with Cora, he should sell them.
    Nancy

• rleeq
    16 years ago

I'm Jealous!

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    16 years ago

The best looking potting bench!!!! WOW!!!
    You are so lucky to have a such talented DH.
    Jan

• abendwolke
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks, and yes, I really do have fun potting up my coleus cuttings.
    DH wants to know if he has to be afraid of being kidnapped at the next plant swap ;-)

Evelyn