Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
whgille

Happy New Gardening Year!

whgille
11 years ago

I wish All the gardening friends a very happy and productive year!!!

And to celebrate the New Years I am making red lime pie, I picked some red limes this morning.

Silvia

Comments (20)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

Happy New Year to you, too, Silvia, and to everyone at GW!

• happy_fl_gardener; 9a, near DeLand
    11 years ago

Silvia - Is a red lime pie like a key lime pie?

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Christine

• featherhoof
    11 years ago

Happy new year!

• vegasqueen
    11 years ago

Have a blessed 2013 everyone..

• katkin_gw
    11 years ago

Happy New Year Everyone. :o)

• whgille
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I made this pie for a party, it is the best lime pie that I have ever tried, the guests said the same thing. One of the guys that I just met said "If you made this pie, I will have to marry you" lol.

Everything in the pie was done like the recipe but when I was covering it got a little damage, so I made a meringue instead of the ice cream and didn't use the salt. I love the flavor and the crust!

Silvia

Here is a link that might be useful: lime pie

• flyingfish2
    11 years ago

Happy New Year Silvia and all GW'ers!

I am up here freezing my fanny for a month in Germantown, TN while my neighbors are enjoying my tomatoes, okra, and dwarf pak choi. Better that they get them than the mockingbirds :>)

bernie

• whgille
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Bernie!

We miss you in Florida, you have to comeback soon. Have a very Happy New Year and grow a lot of veggies!

Silvia

• dlsm
    11 years ago

Happy New Year to you Silvia.

Good Health and good gardening to you all this coming year of 2013.

Luther

• whgille
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Hi Luther!

We missed you, I am glad to know that you are back. Harry asked me about you...

And yes, we do need the health to do the gardening. Happy New Year to you and your lovely wife!

Silvia

• User
    11 years ago

'tis the beginning of a good gardening year.....almost 80 degrees on the second day of january, 2013! spent the whole day so far potting up cuttings for spring! happy new year to all. m&j

• whgille
    Original Author
    11 years ago

M&J

2013 is a very lucky number! I spent the whole day in the garden too, doing some seedlings and harvesting and thinking how warm it is.:) Looking forward to a good gardening year!

Silvia

• keiki
    11 years ago

Happy New Year!

• tomncath
    11 years ago

Happy New Year everyone! Here's hoping your gardens are bountiful and your worries are little.

Love those limes Silvia ;-)

Tom

• whgille
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Keiki - Have a very happy 2013!

Tom - Thank you, have a wonderful and prosperous gardening year! No worries.

Silvia

• mrsray
    10 years ago

Happy New Year to everyone at GW from me too ... Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. ~Oprah Winfrey

• loufloralcityz9
    10 years ago

Happy New Year!

May all our thumbs turn green (with envy) as we watch another year of Silvia's phenomenal gardening skills & cooking delights.

Lou

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Mrsray, thanks for bringing memories from the past January and I love that quote! it is so true for the new coming year, best to you and everyone!

Lou, I could not start a better year, you and your own wonderful words, they really touch my heart, thanks!

Have a very fruitful and happy New Year to all the garden forum members, may all the gardens prosper in 2014!

Silvia

• happy_fl_gardener; 9a, near DeLand
    10 years ago

Happy New Year to all!

Lou, I'm in agreement with you. Silvia sure raises the bar when it comes to gardening skills and culinary delights.

Christine

• whgille
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Christine! you are being very kind. I wish you the best 2014 for you and your family!

Hope to see a lot of info, gardens and pictures for the new year, I have learn so much from many of you.

Silvia