Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How did freeze pruf work for you?

Posted by featherhoof zone 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 7, 10 at 9:26

I have a bottle, but did not have a chance to use it. I know a couple of you used it. Did it work??

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How did freeze pruf work for you?

Hi Miranda

I used the freeze pruf on most fruits trees except the bananas.

Here is my review:

The fruit trees that did well without the product last year, did well this year. Like Brogdon avocado, atemoya, various citrus.

The fruit trees that I did not have it last year, I sprayed and they don't look good. Those are a tamarillo and the papayas. I am not worry about that because they are easily replaced by seeds.

The bananas were not sprayed last year or this year and they look the same, bad! I know that they will comeback.

I also sprayed the passion fruit vines and they look good but I can't compare with last year because I did not have them.

I also spray 2 star fruits. One that was not covered last year and did not die, look okay today. The other one that is new I sprayed and is also covered, so I will see the results later.

I am still waiting for Billbrandy's review, since mine I don't know what to think of it.:-)

Only time will tell...

Silvia

o

I didn't use it either. My banana plants look terrible as well as the Royal Poinciana. Do you think they will recover?

o

Sharon

The bananas will recover, believe me! Last year mine were toast just like now. I was preparing for these, that is the reason that I took the 6 fruit branches out, otherwise I would of lost them.

When warm weather comes, I will do a clean up and they will come back from the roots. Some will look better than others depending on when they were planted and the variety.

About the royal poincianas, I don't know. I have 3 seedlings of the pride of barbados in the porch and they look fine.

Coming warmer weather I guess a lot of us will have to do our own extreme makeover!

Silvia

o

Thanks for the reply Silvia.
Sharon, My banannas look terrible now, but I expect them to bounce back. I have dwarf/semi-dwarf varieties.

o

I sprayed it on my bananas and other plants, and it didn't work at all. Nada, zip, zilch.

o

Didn't work for me either...wonder how we go about getting our money back? There's suppose to be a 100% money back guarantee and I have pics to prove it did NOT work! Very
disappointing!

o

I'm sorry the freeze pruf didn't work but you have saved me the expense and the labor of using the stuff.
There are several makers of this stuff...Cloud Cover is one I used on roses a few years ago to prevent powdery mildew. I never thought to use the stuff for it's intended use! But that was long ago and the product is long gone and now I don't have to try it because I have the report from you guys.

o

Pug, that is a good idea! To collect enough info and send them a letter, to get some money back. At least "we" the ones that tried and did not work for us, are giving them a BAD name, so others don't buy it!

And I don't think we have the worst pictures yet, after the weekend is over we don't know.

I sure hope all the doom forecasters are wrong!

Silvia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here