Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
featherhoof

How did freeze pruf work for you?

featherhoof
14 years ago

I have a bottle, but did not have a chance to use it. I know a couple of you used it. Did it work??

Comments (9)

• whgille
    14 years ago

Hi Miranda

I used the freeze pruf on most fruits trees except the bananas.

Here is my review:

The fruit trees that did well without the product last year, did well this year. Like Brogdon avocado, atemoya, various citrus.

The fruit trees that I did not have it last year, I sprayed and they don't look good. Those are a tamarillo and the papayas. I am not worry about that because they are easily replaced by seeds.

The bananas were not sprayed last year or this year and they look the same, bad! I know that they will comeback.

I also sprayed the passion fruit vines and they look good but I can't compare with last year because I did not have them.

I also spray 2 star fruits. One that was not covered last year and did not die, look okay today. The other one that is new I sprayed and is also covered, so I will see the results later.

I am still waiting for Billbrandy's review, since mine I don't know what to think of it.:-)

Only time will tell...

Silvia

• sharbear50
    14 years ago

I didn't use it either. My banana plants look terrible as well as the Royal Poinciana. Do you think they will recover?

• whgille
    14 years ago

Sharon

The bananas will recover, believe me! Last year mine were toast just like now. I was preparing for these, that is the reason that I took the 6 fruit branches out, otherwise I would of lost them.

When warm weather comes, I will do a clean up and they will come back from the roots. Some will look better than others depending on when they were planted and the variety.

About the royal poincianas, I don't know. I have 3 seedlings of the pride of barbados in the porch and they look fine.

Coming warmer weather I guess a lot of us will have to do our own extreme makeover!

Silvia

• featherhoof
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the reply Silvia.
    Sharon, My banannas look terrible now, but I expect them to bounce back. I have dwarf/semi-dwarf varieties.

• bluepalm
    14 years ago

I sprayed it on my bananas and other plants, and it didn't work at all. Nada, zip, zilch.

• puglvr1
    14 years ago

Didn't work for me either...wonder how we go about getting our money back? There's suppose to be a 100% money back guarantee and I have pics to prove it did NOT work! Very
    disappointing!

• laura1
    14 years ago

I'm sorry the freeze pruf didn't work but you have saved me the expense and the labor of using the stuff.
    There are several makers of this stuff...Cloud Cover is one I used on roses a few years ago to prevent powdery mildew. I never thought to use the stuff for it's intended use! But that was long ago and the product is long gone and now I don't have to try it because I have the report from you guys.

• whgille
    14 years ago

Pug, that is a good idea! To collect enough info and send them a letter, to get some money back. At least "we" the ones that tried and did not work for us, are giving them a BAD name, so others don't buy it!

And I don't think we have the worst pictures yet, after the weekend is over we don't know.

I sure hope all the doom forecasters are wrong!

Silvia

• London Anderson( Los Angeles/ Orange County )
    7 years ago

Hi I live in southern California where are coldest month is December and the average December night is 45 degrees but if there's a cold wave it can be about 37 for a night or two, I have a new coconut palm and I was wondering do u think this product with help keep it healthy during the winter month? Sense the recommended zone for this plant is only half a USDA zone warmer than my zone is?

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting