Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leekle2mane

Just... can't... stop...

With all the gorgeous weather we've been having these past couple weeks, I can not keep myself out of my beds. Even as I work I keep telling myself, "It's only January, you could have a freeze any time over the next month." But then I look at the forecast and think, "Nothing below 45F for the next two weeks. Shut up, Brain."

Mostly I have just been pulling weeds and transplanting/removing plants. So far I have managed not to plant out seedlings (ignore that bank of red salvia!) and I keep fighting the urge to rake back the protective leaf layer from my tropical bed or remove the old layers from my bananas. I did, however, rake back the leaves I had piled into the shrub bed so that any reseeds could go ahead and get started (as well as plant out a bank of red salvia seedlings). I also completely gutted my daughter's old butterfly garden bed and put in a Princess Flower. She has a new corner to build her butterfly garden in as the bed I gutted just wasn't attracting butterflies. Lots of nectar plants growing, there was just something about the location they didn't seem to like.

Now that I look at my forecast and see that tomorrow night as well as Monday night to Thursday night temps could hover around 38-40F, I'm glad I haven't gone too wild in my cleaning. However, I still find myself grabbing my spade, pruners and gloves and heading out the door. In my shorts and sandals... My friends up north are hating me on Facebook right now...

Comment (1)