Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
slopfrog

Tired of paying $$$ for liquid copper fungicide

slopfrog
11 years ago

I sprayed some trees of mine today that had some fungal infestations. I went through quite a bit of concentrate. This year I've resolved to get better about regularly spraying my trees, so I'm going to go through more than I have in the past.

I'm tired of paying $5-$8 for a tiny bit of liquid copper fungicide. I found 10# and 50# bags of copper sulfate online pretty cheap. Does any key else just buy the crystals and dissolve them to save money? I'm sure growers don't pay the prices we pay...

Comments (3)

• Steppy
    11 years ago

This article says 4 tsp. per gallon, but it doesn't specify crystals. I would think it would be the same, though. I'd mix in Murphy's Oil Soap mixture of 1/3 cup per gallon. BTW, if push comes to shove, you can buy copper sulfate crystals in the plumbing dept. at Home Depot and Lowe's. It's used to kill tree roots in sewer lines. Don't use it in septic tanks, though.

Here is a link that might be useful: How to Use Copper Sulfate

• moringaplace
    11 years ago

For Fungus and even for a lot of insect,mix two tablespoons of Neem Oil,One of Dish Soap (Liquid),two tablespoon of oil and one of Backing soda,complete one gallon with water,shake and spry.Good luck and enjoy.

• papillonone
    9 years ago

Can I forget about the Neem oil and use that mixture with the copper sulfate to get rid of Ball Moss?