Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Today's Project from an old link of Tom's

Posted by tinael01 10 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 15, 12 at 15:22

I just put together a very basic pvc watering system from a link Tom posted last year. I have never in my life used a power tool - but it was a blast. :) Now I am dangerous. I am also putting together his in-ground tomato and pepper buckets this weekend. Some of you know I'll be in India for 3 weeks and I am trying to keep the plants alive while I am gone!

Photobucket

from around the garden:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: PVC drip system

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Today's Project from an old link of Tom's

• Posted by katkin 9b/10a PSLFl (My Page) on
    Sun, Jan 15, 12 at 17:08

Nice work, Tina. And you garden looks lovely. Enjoy your visit to India, wish I was going with you. :o)

o

Great job, and the plants are gorgeous! I never could get my Florida Flame Vine to bloom. I think my yard was cursed.

o

Thanks for the link. We made a much smaller version a few years ago, but now that I have more plants in different places in the bed, it's time to do it over. I'll get some tips from that link.

Julie

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jan 16, 12 at 19:11

You go girl, everything looks great!!! Two thumbs up ;-)

o

Thank you everyone! I was pretty proud.

The Flamevine gets a lot of water from the garden. Before that it didn't bloom much.

Tom did you spot the little lucy seedlings? Baby bubba didn't come up and now I realize I've started the okra too soon. The little rows have grain amaranth from ECHO in them. I won't have a clue what to do with it when it's harvest time...what was I thinking?

o

• Posted by annafl z9b/10a Sarasota (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 17, 12 at 8:07

Tina that looks great! Just wanted to wish you a wonderful time on your trip to India. Make a lot of memories.

Anna

o

Thanks Anna!

o

• Posted by tomncath St.Pete-Z10A-Heat 10 (My Page) on
    Tue, Jan 17, 12 at 18:11

Sorry Tina, I'm not sure who got the Little Lucy seeds but they are gone. For here you were a little early for okra, I usually direct sow mid-February. Did I give you some seeds for Stewart's Zeebest? If so start with them when you get back.

Tom

o

woops - my message wasn't clear. I really do need to slow down!! Tom you gave me the Little Lucy and if you squint and look really close you can see the seedlings in the corners of the little pipes and big pipes. I got pretty excited when I saw your other post with photos of little lucy - what a gem! Thanks so much!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here