Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
S. Sarasota County March plant sale / swap / giveaway

Posted by dirtygardener73 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 31, 11 at 22:08

I can do March 19 or March 26th. Take a vote and work it out amongst yourselves and let me know. Either is fine with me.

I'd like to do a pot-luck, mostly cold-cuts and snacky stuff if that's o.k. with everyone. I'll provide all the paper plates, cups, cutlery, sodas, iced tea, water, dips and fruit and veggie trays. BYOB. I'll have a lot of 1 gal. and some 3 gallon pots for putting things in that have to be dug, but bring some if you want.

I have two large oaks, so there should be enough shade, but if you have a shelter, you can bring that too. Bring your own folding chairs, please, because I will be giving most of my stuff away before then, and won't have a lot of places for you to sit. It's fine to bring tarps to put on the ground as well. There is plenty of street-side parking, and I'll send out instructions and directions for parking beforehand.

I'll have a list and pictures up by the first week of March, sale plants and giveaway plants, and you can reserve them if you want. You can even tear the Philodendrons and Pothos down out of the trees! My plan is to strip the yard bare, because I have no idea who is going to get this house, and I'm not leaving them anything to abuse and neglect.

I really want this to be a good time, to send my plants all off to happy homes. I can move in peace knowing my babies are all taken care of, and if I ever need cuttings, I know where they are. hehehe ;-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: S. Sarasota County March plant sale / swap / giveaway

Yay, I'll come. So far both dates fine with me.

Put me on your email list. I'll bring some giveaways like gaillardia plants, native ferns and also wildflower seeds (orange cosmos, gaillardia mixed colors, etc).

Denise

o

I have a fairly new garden (second winter here), so I don't have anything to trade (most is brown anyway!). But I'd love to come and visit. I can bring food.
Marcia

o

Denise, YAY! I wish I was staying, because I love all the things you're bringing. Next year, I'll hopefully have a yard to plant things again.

Marcia, I got a lot of my plants as giveaways at the end of swaps. Seriously, don't worry about it. Just come and have a good time! Food is always good!

o

I also can come either Saturday, and would love to come. FYI the 26th is the Selby sale, people may want to hit both. And I'm also only on my second winter here. But I'll see what I can bring.

Carol B.
pabrocb@yahoo.com

o

Count me in for either date and I can bring food.

o

Thank you, Dirtygardener. I can't update my member page, so if you need to contact me about the swap, my email is marcia.fla68 at gmail.com (substitute the @ for at).
Marcia

o

the 19th would be best for me - and like others, my garden is young but I will still have some things - just potted up a bunch of Tasmanian violets - and will certainly bring food! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.
Hester -

o

Don't worry about not having plants! That's why it's a sale/swap/giveaway! We can do whatever we want. I will have plants for sale, but if I want to give them away, so be it!

Can't wait to see what everybody has, and to break bread with all of you. This is gonna be a blast!

o

Anyone who wants to be put on the mailing list can contact me at cgardener52 at yahoo when you can figure out if you can come. I now planning this far in advance isn't easy sometimes, so hoping to have more takers as it gets closer.

o

I might have non-gardening relatives visiting for a day or two around the 19th, but will know better in a couple of weeks.
Marcia

o

Hello,
Has a date been chosen? I am looking forward to meeting you all....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here