Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My grandkids working in our farm!!!!

Posted by moringaplace 10 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 4, 13 at 0:21

My mini crew helping in the farm.Their enjoy work and learn.Thanks God for this precious moments.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My grandkids working in our farm!!!!

How great. I had mine picking up pine cones this weekend. They wanted to know why we didn't help. I told them they are shorter and closer to the ground and don't have to bend as far. Their reward was all the oysters they could eat at our Super Bowl party and boy did they eat.

o

Just so you know, I'm called Child Services. It's a crime to have those kids working so young! And manual labor too! At least you could teach them to drive the tractors and trucks!

P.S. What's their hourly rates for tilling and weeding?

o

Hi Moringa
I just wanted to say how blessed you are not only cuz your grandkids are so beautiful, but that they like to do the gardening-type work.

Tell us more about your farm and show us more pics, OK?

Susie

o

Shades of my childhood! No boys in our family, so we three girls did it all. Many years later, I got into a near shouting match with an ad executive who told me there was no such thing as 6 foot tall cotton (-there is when the conditions are right) and that there was no way I knew how to milk a cow. Silly man.

o

Ha, did you tell him that you'd be happy to go to a dairy anytime? It would have been a hoot to squirt milk in his face.

"Now bend over and watch closely so you can see..."

o

L in FL, wish I'd thought of that at the time! I had lots of practise with the cats - they showed up at the corral twice a day at milking time.

o

They are adorable! And they look like they are having a great time.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here