Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Garden

Posted by toomanyprojects 7B (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 11:21

Hello all you Florida gardeners! I have been inspired by all who post here so I though I would share what is happening in my garden. I have been reading all your posts for a while now and because you all have such wonderful gardens even in the hotter months I was inspired to try it all over again! I ordered heirloom seeds and started it all from seed and decided to do permanent raised beds instead of in ground. So far I am very happy with the results. I have used Azomite and Foundation and compost, some chicken poop, black cow and peat. Each bed is a little different in composition so it is a big experiment! Tomatoes are so prolific we have been cutting off growths and potting them and they are growing too! So far I am liking this experiment! thanks to you all for being here and posting!! Hope the pictures come through although it looks like I have to post them one at a time. Marla

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Garden

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 13:19

Marla

Nice looking garden, keep up with the good work!

Silvia

o

Thank you Silvia. You are the main reason I planted differently. I saw all your posts in the early heat of dead summer and you were still growing such good things in your garden! I love your purple peas and would love to know where you get those seeds! I never have much luck with peas. Also the Cuban oregano. I had a neighbor from Cuba when I lived in south FL who gave me some and I really enjoyed cooking with it. I think I might find it at a nursery but definitely not in the box stores! I am looking forward to seeing how my garden turns out this year and so far it is very healthy!
Marla

o

• Posted by whgille Oakland FL Zone 9B (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 12:52

Marla

I am letting the purple snap peas dry on the vine to be able to collect some seeds for future plantings. The seed company where I got it, don't have any available now since is a new variety.

This season, one of my best peas for shelling are the Sabre peas from Renee Gardens, they are so prolific! I pick them every day, they are about 3 feet and I have them holding with short sticks.

The Cuban oregano it is very easy to grow from cuttings.

Sabre peas today

Photobucket

Silvia

o

• Posted by abnorm Central Florida (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 13:07

If you would like some Cuban Oregano......send me an email via my name/profile .......include your postal mailing address

Welcome to the forum......consider adding your email to your profile here at GW

doug and pam

o

Silvia your peas are wonderful! Mine never get higher than 12" or so and never make much more than a few mini "snow peas" to show for it. I think I need a better variety. I will look into yours for next year.

Doug and Pam I would so love to have that oregano in my garden again! Will try to send you my email and thank you so very much!!
Marla

o

• Posted by abnorm Central Florida (My Page) on
    Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 6:49

HiYa Marla.....I'll send them out....

You list your USDA Zone as 7B but your address is Sebastian..... something's wrong......that's too low....

doug

o

Thank you for the oregano! They are in water now but will be in soil tomorrow. I had great luck with it in south FL and it was easy to grow and great to cook with! Will send back something for you! Yes I put down the wrong zone. I thought I was 9b but looks like 10b now. Thanks again!!
Marla

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here