Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Feed Stores - Fort Myers Florida

Posted by tpapa2001 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 21, 13 at 13:25

Hi All,
I posted this question on Lawn Care board but I guess it was too geneal and thus have not any follow up...
I live in Fort Myers (Lee county), I'm just started to take care of my lawn instead of getting lawn care company. Currently I have fugus problem with my Floritam lawn (St. Augustine variant). I've looked at two feed stores in the area for corn meal, but the closet I came to is cracked corn (chicken feed). Does anyone know of any feed store carry corn meal (animal feed grade)?

Thanks,
Twin

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Feed Stores - Fort Myers Florida

Call Futurals, they will help you. I have had nothing but good experience with them I don't now if they have corn meal but I bet they will help you locate some if they don't.

o

Hi Keiki,
Thank-you for your response. Yes, I dropped by Futral Feed Store on Palm Beach Blvd. and unfortunately they do not carry corn meal feed nor do they know where I can locate some. I called Tractor Supply Company and they do not carry it either and suggested I check with Lowes and Home Depot. I've read the corn meal use for taking care of this fugus issue is the same one you get in the grocery store. I hate to use food grade corn meal to fertilize my lawn; somehow that doesn't sound right. I've also read cracked corn works just as well except you might get lot of birds on your lawn feeding on the corn. I called Pam's Feed Store, they do not carry it as well but they do have cracked corn in 50lbs bag and alfalfa pillet. This is my first try at fertilizing my lawn organicly and it does takes a lot of time and effort finding supplies.

Twin

o

Hi
I am here in Ft Myers, but half a year. One of those snow birds

Coming from Canada

I have never seen corn gluten down here , for sale, but we do have it available in Canada and in the north of the U.S. Is found at Home Depot, Lowes etc. even Walmart has it up north But is corn gluten not corn meal feed.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here