Return to the Florida Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to find Pandan plant in S. Florida?

Posted by ianrwesley zone9b FL (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 22, 11 at 13:52

I used to have a thriving Pandan plant that my wife used for cooking in our old house, however after moving houses the couple pups I took with us died out in the pots I had them in.

Anyone know where I can find a Pandan plant in S. Florida, Fort Lauderdale area?

Thanks,
Ian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to find Pandan plant in S. Florida?

I did a google.com search and found the following sources:

QUOTE: Hi There,
I just bought 2 plants from Alan Smith, he was advertising in the Florida market bulletin. The plants are in 1 gallon pots and are very healthy. Here is the e mail from him with information:

his e mail is: asmith2@tampabay.rr.com

I have several nice 25"H - 1 gal @ $25.00ea and a few larger @ $35.00. Should your friend wish to call me prior to coming around at 727 686 3110, please. Cordially Alan

A friend who was down there brought the plants back for me and they were nicely wrapped and came with a little packet of plant food.

Here's someone on Ebay who is selling them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220691042877&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I hope this helps you find your plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Florida Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here