Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
springtime_fl

Spraying to keep peach trees free of worms?

springtime_fl
13 years ago

I am fairly new to peach and nectarine trees. We have 2 peaches and 1 nectarine. Each year they get worms, especially the nectarine. There is sap on the outside of them. I am not sure what they get. I did some research and it looks like it could be Plum Curculin (a beetle) or Carribean fruit fly. What do you think?

I want to spray this year so I get some fruit. I have read that there are different times to spray for different types of problems. The trees are blooming now and I heard that one of the times to spray is after petal drop. Have I missed the timing on this to prevent the worms?

Also, what do you recommend? I prefer to use the safest product if that is possiable. I have 2 products from Gardens Alive - Bull's Eye Bioinsecticide and Soap Shield.

The Bull's Eye says it works on (for stone fruit) worms(caterpillars), borers, leafminers, leafrollers, fruit flys.

The Soap Shield is a liquid Copper fungicide.

It works on Bacterial canker, Brown rot blossom blight, leaf and fruit spot and bacterial leaf spot.

Do you think any of these will help or should I buy something else. Sorry for the lengty post but I would love to be able to save this years crop and I think I have to spray soon if it is not too late.

Gabriele

Sponsored
Traditional Hardwood Floors LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Your Industry Leading Flooring Refinishers & Installers in Columbus