Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinkgator

I want my mom's Meyer Lemon tree!

pinkgator
12 years ago

My mother has a Meyer Lemon tree on the south side of her house (right up against the house). She lives on the water (Tampa Bay) if that is relevant. She does absolutely nothing to her tree, and it produces hundreds of Meyers lemons about the size of grapefruits.

I live in Lakeland, Fl.... And I want her tree, or really just a tree exactly like hers. How could I do it? Would I be able to do it from seed? I had saved about 15-20 of the seeds from her last crop. I dried them out on my windowsill on a paper towel for about a month, plus. And a few days ago, I soaked the paper towel to see if they would sprout. Will they?

What can I do to get a "baby" from her tree? I am so new to gardening, so this may be the dumbest question ever... Please help!

Ps- she also has a mango tree that produces hundreds and hundreds of mangos, also doing nothing to it, and also on the south side of her house. Those are more visible from the street, and yardmen from our neighborhood steal them before daybreak the day they are almost ripe. This year was the first year a ton of Meyers lemons were stolen too... After I picked about 150 :). Anyways, I would love advice too if I could use a mango seed to plant here in Lakeland as well.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz