Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nova_gw

The Bottle Path is Finished!!!!!!!!!!

nova_gw
16 years ago

After two months of work the bottle path is finished! I still have some landscaping to do in the beds around it but the bottles are all in and I broke down and put sod in to finish it off.

{{gwi:132225}}

If you are thinking about putting one in, plan on spending ALOT of time like this!

But it was fun and I really like the way it came out. Thank you, Felix, for the inspiration!

nova

Comments (26)

• manature
    16 years ago

Wooohooooo! It looks great, Nova! I'm going to show Mark the pictures tonight, though I want him to help me with some bricks before he gets back to ours. Is that your pond that it goes over to on the right?

SUPER job!!

Marcia

• fawnridge (Ricky)
    16 years ago

Very, very cool. Great pathway, something unique that you should be proud to show off.

• nova_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks Marcia! And, yes, the smaller path does lead to the "pondlet".

Now, on to the other 4 or 5 projects I have planned or started! A gardener's work is NEVER done!

nova

• gcmastiffs
    16 years ago

Wow! What a terrific job you did. It looks beautiful!

Thanks for showing us the finished path.

Lisa

• nova_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks to you, too, Fawnridge! I have a feeling that it is something unique up here in the "Forest" if the laughs I got from the local bar patrons when I picked up the bottles is any reference! I plan on stopping by one more time to show them a picture of the path and maybe buying a round!

nova

• jupiterplants
    16 years ago

very nice :)

• ginibee
    16 years ago

Susan, that is fantastic!! I really like the way the lighter colored bottles are interspersed with the darker ones. Are any of the dark ones blue or all brown? I would love to do something on a much smaller scale - like an edging around a birdbath area or water feature. Thanks for the photos.

Ginny

• abendwolke
    16 years ago

so nice! I like the random white bottles in the path. I am trying to come up with a place in my yard where I could make one too.

Evelyn

• nova_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

All the bottles in the path are either brown or clear. I was actually bothered by the clear bottles and thought about taking them out until Dave, the long suffering and patient hubby, told me they gave the path character. I thought about putting them around the "pondlet" too but with the "rock" edging I decided not to. I do have a "half-plan" to do a small water feature surrounded by bottles. But be aware you need to dig down about a foot to put the bottles in the ground so if you have alot of roots from trees it makes the project more difficult.

nova

• goldenpond
    16 years ago

I hope you send these pictures to the garden junk forum.They are super nice people who enjoy reusing items as garden art.You deserve a back massage for all yur hard work! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

• nova_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

goldenpond- I lurk from time to time on the "Junk Forum" and have "Tipsy Pots" to show for it. I will make a post over there to share since I feel this is a fun project that does make a new twist to the word "recycle"!

nova

• an_ill-mannered_ache
    16 years ago

very double-plus cool.

• nytrinigemini
    16 years ago

I love it....gardeners can be so creative

• barbcoleus
    16 years ago

That is a super looking path!
    Barb

• beth7happy
    16 years ago

whoa... Nova!! That's dy-no-mite!!! Great, great job!

• countrynest
    16 years ago

Susan great job. You stuck to it ,girl !
    I think you need a break. Are you tired?
    The picture of you on the ground is priceless.

Felix

• SaintPFLA
    16 years ago

LOVE IT! It's beautiful...it's definitely a nice artistic focal point.

I think I am inspired as well.

• carmiewest
    16 years ago

What a wonderful path! You did an amazing job!

Carmen

• FlowerLady6
    16 years ago

How great to see your paths using recycled bottles. You did a fantastic job and I can only imagine how back-breaking that must have been. Well worth your efforts though and I really liked it that your DH told you the clear bottles give the path character. They do.

Thanks for sharing your finished project. Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with.

FlowerLady

• nova_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Many thanks to everyones compliments! I do want to give credit to countrynest aka Felix. He is the inspiration behind the project and the creator of the original bottle path.

Projects like this are why I love to hang out here and visit other peoples gardens because I always find ideas to enrich my gardens. The gardeners here in the Florida Forum are some of the nicest and most creative people anywhere!

nova

• treefrog_fl
    16 years ago

Aren't they!
    Nova, Gorgeous just doesn't describe it.
    I'd love to walk barefoot on your path!
    I can only imagine the chuckles you got from the bar patrons.
    They need to see the creative results and probably deserve a round for all their hard drinking input!

• PRO
    Jan Sword-Rossman Realty 239-470-6061
    16 years ago

Nova, Great job!!! My back aches just looking at all your hard work you put in to make that beautiful path.
    Jan

• bihai
    16 years ago

That looks absoultely WONDERFUL! Are the bottles in whole condition, just turned over and buried?

• nova_gw
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bahai - Yes the bottles are whole. That is why it is best to plan this project where you won't have to contend with alot of roots! I had one bottle that hit a root and every time I would try to bang it into the ground it would pop back up! Made me nuts until I dug down and cut the root out!

nova

• shysue
    16 years ago

Hi,

I was directed to this thread by someone on the Garden Junk forum. I was asking for ideas for what to do with the 150 or so beer bottles that were given to me. Nova, I am so impressed!!! Your bottle path is fantastic! I would love to do one, but I don't think I would have the patience. When you talked about the roots, I knew the path wouldn't work for me, as we are located in the woods. I hope you don't mind if I show everyone the picture of your path. You deserve a reward for your creativity, as well as perseverance!

• cindeea
    16 years ago

Oh my word, the bottles are whole??? Good Lord, girl, that's a lot of digging! It looks absolutely smashing! You must be incredibly proud of our efforts. Cheers!!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County